It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yeah, removal of Denuvo is no guarantee, unfortunately. But it does put it in a better position to release on GOG down the road, but that would mean Square Enix having something spark in their brain, and that's kind of a big question on it's own.

There's quite a few games from Square Enix that have had Denuvo removed, or just have never had it at all. Games that would all do extremely well here, in fact. Pretty much all their games that can be easily pirated by people who want to, but from some reason Square Enix still doesn't bother releasing them on GOG. It doesn't make much sense, because having something available on more stores always means more money, especially so when the software could also be easily pirated.

Seeing that there were two older Square Enix releases here during the Summer Sale is a good sign that games will still come, but if you want more stuff you need to buy those, and also reach out to Square Enix requesting specifically Japanese titles. I buy what they release here, contact them periodically requesting Denuvo free titles, and put a reasonable argument together in GOG's favor. That's all I can do, but I'll never buy their games on Steam, and if they really don't want to come here than I'm perfectly capable of living without Square Enix. No GOG = No buy.

Oh, and for anyone who doesn't already know, and is looking for a really nice Action JRPG, well we have one coming out on GOG in exactly two weeks (July 6th) with "Ys IX: Monstrum Nox"
So Square Enix removes the Nier's Denuvo but likely won't bring it to GOG - are they satisfied with Steam's DRM or is the bigger issue that GOG likely wouldn't bring in enough money/sales for them to want to bother?
Removing Denuvo doesn't mean that a game will be released on GOG, but that it's possible it will be released on GOG. But it's 100% sure that without removing Denuvo, it won't be sold here.
SLP2000: But it's 100% sure that without removing Denuvo, it won't be sold here.
Well, not necessarily. ;)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/465280/Yesterday_Origins
https://www.gog.com/game/yesterday_origins
Actually I meant that GOG won't sell it with Denuvo, but still this is interesting that they keep Denuvo on Yesterday Origins on Steam. Does that make sense at all? I thought they pay for using Denuvo every period of time (month? year?).
tfishell: So Square Enix removes the Nier's Denuvo but likely won't bring it to GOG - are they satisfied with Steam's DRM or is the bigger issue that GOG likely wouldn't bring in enough money/sales for them to want to bother?
Steam has a large userbase.
Epic has da money.
Microsoft also has da money.
GOG has...?
tfishell: So Square Enix removes the Nier's Denuvo but likely won't bring it to GOG - are they satisfied with Steam's DRM or is the bigger issue that GOG likely wouldn't bring in enough money/sales for them to want to bother?
Grargar: Steam has a large userbase.
Epic has da money.
Microsoft also has da money.
GOG has...?
Nothing. I guess we'll have to cry and dye once again. :-( ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Anything that just has Steam DRM will be cracked same day, and I'm sure they know that.

I really doubt it's a money issue, or a "porting" cost issue, because if that was the case they wouldn't bring anything here at all then. I mean, it's not like the games are missing Galaxy features like Achievements or anything either. There's clearly some care into making the GOG version good.

It's more than likely just out of touch Japanese suits who think DRM-free is an "issue", and don't want some of their Japanese "flagships" to be sold here, at least for the time being. A lot of Japanese are kind of funny when it comes to DRM-free, and concern over piracy.

Are they not aware that literally the biggest digital launch ever happened this past December with a game that released DRM-free on all PC platforms?

I'd still be somewhat hopeful that we'll see Japanese Square Enix games on GOG at some point. I'd even bet on it happening personally. Denuvo is getting removed more and more often from their games, and they are still releasing games here and on other stores. And there's truthfully no reason financially why they shouldn't release a lot of their titles here. Releasing on more stores is always gonna mean more money when your games are already easily pirated by people who want to.

Like I said, if you really want the games here on GOG you should buy what's already here, and also contact Square Enix. Reach out to them on social media, or leave feedback through their support channels, and request more releases.

I would really bet on it happening though at some point. I could see a big Square Enix event week long sale here with a couple Final Fantasy games being released, or some other Japanese titles perhaps like a Nier: Automata or Trials of Mana perhaps.
Grargar: GOG has...?
...Followers ;)
Do you want to talk about our Lord GOG and his true power of DRM-Free? ;)
Post edited June 23, 2021 by erbello
Grargar: GOG has...?
Some more money - not that much as Steam or Epic(?) but still. In todays world every penny counts. If you can earn 100.000$ from selling a game on GOG - then why not?

And Square Enix knows this as they use GOG for selling 3-5 yo and older games. Probably after their income from Steam sale is very low (that's why Skyrim is not here yet).
erbello: Do you want to talk about our Lord GOG and his true power of DRM-Free?
Ah, so it's the kind of god all other gods make fun off for being so insignificant. Makes sense.
high rated
New entities in the catalog: Clive Townsend and SimFabric for the already mentioned Saboteur series.
high rated
New companies in the catalog:

Monochrome Paris - should be Tandem, a tale of shadows
The disappearance of Thomas Kane, the only son of the famous Kane illusionists, still hasn’t been solved by Scotland Yard. 10 years old Emma, intrigued, is determined to investigate!

As Emma walks the streets of London towards the mansion, a carriage passes her at full speed and a teddy bear falls out the window. Unexpectedly, Fenton the teddy bear jumps on his feet and sets off in pursuit of the vehicle. Without thinking twice, Emma joins the race, launching after him. After crossing the Manor’s entrance gate and gardens, they finally reach the heavy entrance door.

She will need all her courage, and the help of Fenton to reach the heart of the menacing Manor. They must use Fenton’s gravity-bending perspective to solve intricate puzzles in Tandem.

Each new universe has its own set of unique challenges, and is guarded by an ominous final Boss. But with Fenton at her side, nothing will divert Emma from her quest… Will she finally find Thomas?
a brand new & unique puzzle-platformer game of 45 levels

A unique gameplay
Play and switch between two characters Emma and Fenton in two dimensions (top down & side scroller).
Use light and shadows to solve puzzles and platform challenges in this beautifully accurate Victorian era setting!

Explore five luxurious worlds
Whithin the old 19th victorian Manor, Emma and Fenton will explore and progress through five dazzling and creepy worlds.

Dozen of mechanics
Enjoy a great variation of the gameplay mixing puzzles and platform fun actions sequences during 48 levels.

Face ennemies and bosses
Emma and Fenton will face many ennemies and bosses throughout the game. Be fast and smart!
"Detalion Games S.A." and "PlayWay S.A., Detalion Games S.A." - could be Nemezis Mysterious Journey III:
The story of this puzzle-adventure game takes place on the planet Regilus – beautiful, exotic and mysterious. Syndicates of colonizers and a few private galactic explorers had long fought over influence on the planet, but they all made the same mistake: by investing in the exploration of an unknown planet, they squandered both time and money, as the deposits of rare minerals found there were far too small to turn a proper profit. Once the space piranhas finally took their leave, the Teleportation Travel Agencies stepped in, transforming the planet into a tourist attraction. Two of the game’s heroes, Amia and Bogard, use the services of one such agency and take a trip to Regilus. After teleporting to the planet, it turns out they got separated - so they start to look for each other...

Gameplay is a mix of adventure and puzzles in beautiful scenes with dark elements. Playing characters alternately, can you solve all puzzles? By overcoming obstacles created by residents uncover more and more secrets of this world. As a tourist, we have been equipped with an electronic guide, whose help may turn out to be crucial in difficult situations.
high rated
New company in the catalog: Appeal Studios (recently acquired by THQ Nordic): The Bluecoats North and South? Or their "Project-S" which one only sees if one loads their homepage without javascript activated?
Post edited June 23, 2021 by The-Business
The-Business: New company in the catalog: Appeal Studios (recently acquired by THQ Nordic): The Bluecoats North and South? Or their "Project-S" which one only sees if one loads their homepage without javascript activated?
Oh, a remastered version of North & South? Played it on the Amiga, was a funny little game with funny graphics.
Post edited June 23, 2021 by Maxvorstadt