It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mr.Mumbles: While it is interesting news, I'm still a bit baffled what the point is of bringing open source games like this to online stores. *shrug*
I would compare this to people who forget what it's like being a kid, that carefree and simple life :P.

There are (casual) gamers out there who are oblivious to the very concept of open-source. As such, remakes like OpenTTD fly completely under their radar. I think this is a good way for the game to expand its userbase and its reach.

I'll keep using the usual way of getting it, I guess, but it's nice to see it in the limelight.
A lot of people that has been using for years some open source titles like openttd (lke me) use to believe that the game is popular enough or that it is well known by the whole humanity, but it is not exactly in that way, and years later developers stopped overwatching the importance of platforms like Steam or GoG or even itch.io and now they consider that it can help in a critical way to give even more visiility and expand their fan base, rewarding their hard work for years. The games deserve it. It is a win-win, nothing to lose.

It was done previously in excelent games like Battle for Wesnoth and now the polished OpenTTD.
low rated
kohlrak: Because we need that special credibility, because it's not a legitimate game until it's being sold in a store. Especially for free. Especially given how progressive GOG is as a platform, and how much of an industry leader it is. We really, really needed these business associations to let everyone know who we are and where we stand!
zeffyr: You might laugh, but I will for sure try the game out after it lands here. I've heard a lot about OpenTTD before, but the ability of automatic updates via Galaxy and simplified configuration will be the incentive to finally install it. It certainly will reach more audience this way.
Can't yous deb or RPM or something?

Mr.Mumbles: While it is interesting news, I'm still a bit baffled what the point is of bringing open source games like this to online stores. *shrug*
WinterSnowfall: I would compare this to people who forget what it's like being a kid, that carefree and simple life :P.

There are (casual) gamers out there who are oblivious to the very concept of open-source. As such, remakes like OpenTTD fly completely under their radar. I think this is a good way for the game to expand its userbase and its reach.

I'll keep using the usual way of getting it, I guess, but it's nice to see it in the limelight.
It's getting harder and harder by the day. Things like this can make it worse, especially if a price tag is thrown on it.. You know the usual issues people have in understanding open source, right?
zeffyr: You might laugh, but I will for sure try the game out after it lands here. I've heard a lot about OpenTTD before, but the ability of automatic updates via Galaxy and simplified configuration will be the incentive to finally install it. It certainly will reach more audience this way.
kohlrak: Can't yous deb or RPM or something?
I understand that you're talking about Linux. I use Windows, so maybe I wrongly assumed that Windows build requires some configuration. Anyway, automatic updates via Galaxy are very convenient.
Uncharted 4 is coming to PC according to Sony investors report.
So if we get the release of Days Gone here (delayed (compared to Steam and EGS) like Horizon: Zero Dawn), I suppose it's safe to say that Uncharted 4 will also be published here.
Post edited May 28, 2021 by Loger13
Gudadantza: developers stopped overwatching the importance of platforms
I think the word you were looking for is "overlooking". The joys of writing in a foreign language...

Agreed on the point you were making, tho.
Gudadantza: developers stopped overwatching the importance of platforms
joppo: I think the word you were looking for is "overlooking". The joys of writing in a foreign language...

Agreed on the point you were making, tho.
Yep, "Overlooking" is my intended word. My english is getting worse and worse. Indeed.
Loger13: Uncharted 4 is coming to PC according to Sony investors report.
So if we get the release of Days Gone here (delayed (compared to Steam and EGS) like Horizon: Zero Dawn), I suppose it's safe to say that Uncharted 4 will also be published here.
Pretty big if but I enjoy your enthusiasm (and I hope you're right!). Sucks that we didn't get Death Stranding...
Mjauv: Pretty big if but I enjoy your enthusiasm (and I hope you're right!). Sucks that we didn't get Death Stranding...
This is not enthusiasm. Once is an accident, but twice is a pattern. If this second time (Days Gone) happens, of course. As I wrote.
About Death Stranding - another publisher (505 Games). So it's not an indicator.
Mjauv: Pretty big if but I enjoy your enthusiasm (and I hope you're right!). Sucks that we didn't get Death Stranding...
It was a real shame. I thought it safe with the latest CP2077 event in Death Stranding... wondering if the game would also work with no shared world among players or in other words: comletely offline?!
high rated
New company in the catalog: Virtual Magic Games for Wild West Dynasty:
Wild West Dynasty: Cowboys, Settlers & Gunslingers

America in the 1800’s - the trails to the West: Settlers are committed on advancing further and further towards the US Pacific; in search of a better life, for business or adventure. They founded farms, raised cattle, dug for gold, built settlements and towns.

A small find of gold is often enough to draw hundreds of daring adventurers while quickly a small settlement becomes a flourishing town with saloons, merchants, gambling, adventurers, and gunslingers...

Enter this breathtakingly exciting time and conquer the Wild West. Emerge from being a lonesome cowboy over founding a settlement to becoming the mayor of a gold-digger town: there are hardly any limits to your personal endeavors.

You start out as a lonesome cowboy who comes across an abandoned ranch and decides to stay. You start repairing and expanding. You gather food, hunt for animals and sell their meat and leather to settler trecks. Once you have established a decent ranch, other settlers may decide to stay and ask for permission to settle down. You start building a town with all its classic locations such as saloon, Sheriff office, stores and even hotels. Bandits will come your way, so you better learn shooting and defend yourself and the township properly. Hopefully you will find a wife and have a heir - so that your wild west dynasty can last for long.

Features

Realistic Wild West atmosphere played in First Person mode
Story mode with interesting twists and hundreds of missions included
Free game: Build a town without Story mode
Create your own Dynasty which will last for decades
Open 3D world set in the Wild West
Start as a settler, build your own ranch and expand it to a prosperous town
Unique mix of RPG (First Person), Life Simulation and town building
Horse riding included
Detailed skill development tree
Various additional possibilities like gold mining, rodeo riding etc included
high rated
More new companies in the catalog:

Onix Games - might be Janosik (got released for free)

t is an action adventure game with a retro feel and pixel graphics. To be more specific – it is metroidvania. Janosik is the main protagonist. Player has to help him to take back his companions. Game is fast, the controls are tight. You will experience precise platforming action, fights, exploration and lots of fun
Small bros - Ghostly Matter?

Tactical Dogs - The Looter

The Looter is upcoming 2D, action-adventure game set in the post-apocalyptic world, with hand crafted pixel art style graphics.

Step into the land of Tortura - giant forest that witnessed civilization last-gasp. As a looter, a man who’s making his living by retrieving items from the past, fight your way through brutal reality of humankind at its end. Explore the story of the land and people, discovering dark power lurking beyond everyone eyes.
Clockwork Pile - ?
Retrovibe - ?
Post edited June 01, 2021 by The-Business
high rated
New company in the catalog: Infamous Rabbit - should be Oddventure (demo available):
ODDVENTURE is a turn-based crazy RPG set in a cursed fairytale world.

Mood Battle System – A moody twist on classic turn-based combat! Yeah, you can make the enemies run away crying or spare them and get a present. Every battle can be ended in different ways. But be aware of the consequences.

Make Choices – Every decision matters. It’s up to you how the story plays out and which of several endings you receive.

Explore and Interact – Meet new people. Or dwarfs. Or other creatures. Everyone has something interesting to say. Or at least you can listen to their sobbing.

Solve Puzzles – Between battles, explore a world filled with cute and weird puzzles full of odd creatures.
So Astalon has released on Steam.
Is it gonna release same day here?
e:Yea it's out, did I miss the headline??
Post edited June 03, 2021 by pkk234
pkk234: So Astalon has released on Steam.
Is it gonna release same day here?
e:Yea it's out, did I miss the headline??
GoG for some reason didn't deem it worth a separate new release post (yet).
Post edited June 03, 2021 by Swedrami