It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The-Business: New team in the catalog: "The Chronicles Of Myrtana Team". Is this for The Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos?
Wow, If I'm not mistaken, this would be the second free mod to be hosted on GOG after Deus Ex: Revision.
Very unexpected but all the more welcome, indeed.
Could bode well for other high profile mods/total conversions (like Dzieje Khorinis/History of Khorinis or Gothic Reloaded, as far as Gothic/Gothic II are concerned) to be released on GoG as well.
high rated
New company in the catalog: Perelesoq for Torn Away (likely In Dev):
Torn Away — is a story-driven adventure game.

Persevere through the harsh elements of nature, hide and evade soldiers, look for shelter and food in order to survive. In a war-torn world where violence and terror reign, you have to stay strong. You have to survive without losing what makes us human.

A game about war with a non-violent protagonist
A blend of story-driven adventure gameplay, a side-scroller, and cinematic first-person sequences
A unique view on the tragedy of war from a child's perspective
Based on children's war diaries
A beautiful art style inspired by social realists and French animation
high rated
New companies/people in the catalog:

A Grumpy Fox for Lunistice (arcade shooter)

Sean Weech for Holomento:
Holomento is an indie permadeath RPG focusing on the dangerous quest of passing through the mysterious Eventide Hollow – and rebuilding it step by step. It is heavily inspired by classics such as Zelda and Terranigma, combined with rogue-lite elements.

Explore a hand-crafted open world featuring procedurally generated dungeons!
Fight your way through Eventide Hollow – again and again!
Rebuild the Hollow and release it from its ruinous curse!

Explore

Holomento enables you to write your own story as generations of Travelers pass through a land desperate for help. Open shortcuts, reveal secrets, locate ancient relics, and build improvements to enhance the Hollow for future travels…
high rated
New company in the catalog: Red Koi Box for Faraday Protocol - first person puzzle game in a 3D world.
high rated
OpenTTD is coming to GOG, thanks to an entry discovered by WinterSnowfall.

Toge would like to bring Rising Hell to GOG, but it may need more votes?
https://twitter.com/togeproductions/status/1395202934644699138
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/rising_hell

And the Polandball game Bang-on Balls: Chronicles is apparently coming to GOG in the next few weeks:
https://strefainwestorow.pl/wiadomosci/20210525/exit-plan-games-planuje-wejscie-na-newconnect
high rated
StarCrawlers Chimera - the sequel/spin-off for StarCrawlers is now on Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/125859261/starcrawlers-chimera/description

The devs state that they want the game to come to GOG:
"We have already spoken to GOG but don't have any definite news yet, however given that StarCrawlers is available on their store, we are confident Chimera will be released there as well. We will announce when and if there is news regarding new platforms."
high rated
SCPM: OpenTTD is coming to GOG, thanks to an entry discovered by WinterSnowfall.
As a big fan of the remake and the original game (having sunk countless hours into becoming a virtual transport mogul in my childhood), I am honored to be a part of this discovery :P.
SCPM: OpenTTD is coming to GOG, thanks to an entry discovered by WinterSnowfall.
Sweet!
Sorry, wrong thread.
Post edited May 26, 2021 by Grargar
SCPM: OpenTTD is coming to GOG
While it is interesting news, I'm still a bit baffled what the point is of bringing open source games like this to online stores. *shrug*

At least I hope they'll include the base open-graphics/music/sound package in the initial download. I never quite understood why they made that a mandatory additional download right off the bat so users have to rummage around in the content section until they find those. I get the whole "choice" thing of using different content batches to suit one's preference, but I would think for complete newcomers it'd be a turnoff being greeted by incomplete base assets like that.
Post edited May 27, 2021 by Mr.Mumbles
Mr.Mumbles: While it is interesting news, I'm still a bit baffled what the point is of bringing open source games like this to online stores. *shrug*

At least I hope they'll include the base open-graphics/music/sound package in the initial download. I never quite understood why they made that a mandatory additional download right off the bat so users have to rummage around in the content section until they find those. I get the whole "choice" thing of using different content batches to suit one's preference, but I would think for complete newcomers it'd be a turnoff being greeted by incomplete base assets like that.
That also baffled me. Especially that all those addons have negligibly small size.
low rated
Mr.Mumbles: While it is interesting news, I'm still a bit baffled what the point is of bringing open source games like this to online stores. *shrug*
Because we need that special credibility, because it's not a legitimate game until it's being sold in a store. Especially for free. Especially given how progressive GOG is as a platform, and how much of an industry leader it is. We really, really needed these business associations to let everyone know who we are and where we stand!
New company in the catalog: Happy Broccoli Games for Kraken Academy!!:
Make friends, free spirits and make sure that the world doesn’t end! Welcome to Kraken Academy, a technicolor fever dream that for legal reasons can only be described as "technically a school." Join forces with a magical kraken to manipulate a time loop and save the world.

Join forces with a magical Kraken to uncover the Traitor, a malevolent mastermind, who could be anyone at the school. With each time loop you’ll get closer to saving Kraken Academy.
kohlrak: Because we need that special credibility, because it's not a legitimate game until it's being sold in a store. Especially for free. Especially given how progressive GOG is as a platform, and how much of an industry leader it is. We really, really needed these business associations to let everyone know who we are and where we stand!
You might laugh, but I will for sure try the game out after it lands here. I've heard a lot about OpenTTD before, but the ability of automatic updates via Galaxy and simplified configuration will be the incentive to finally install it. It certainly will reach more audience this way.