It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IronArcturus: Prey looked like an interesting FPS game. But is there a real possibility that GOG could get it?
No. It's in the hands of Bethesda and it's not even on Steam.
Grargar: No. It's in the hands of Bethesda and it's not even on Steam.
What about the rest of the Aspyr Media games?
It's not their games, it's their ports. Till the proof of the contrary, Aspyr doesn't possess any rights on Civilisation V or Prey. Take2 and Bethesda does.

So at best, we will see the mac port of games whose right olders wants it on GOG : the Star Wars games and SimCity 4 are up there.
omega64: Just let me buy Prey. :l
Curiously the physical disc of Prey has a serial code that can still be input into Steam to unlock a Steam copy; at least I was able to do so within the past year.
omega64: Just let me buy Prey. :l
undeadcow: Curiously the physical disc of Prey has a serial code that can still be input into Steam to unlock a Steam copy; at least I was able to do so within the past year.
Weird, doesn't seem like I have any other options though so I'll see if I can find a copy.
Just ordered Dropsy from the Kickstarter page and asked for a GOG key instead of a Steam/Humble one, and the developer said "Since we're published by Devolver we're for-sure gonna be on GOG. It's actually my favorite distributor."

So Dropsy is coming! :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy

www.devolverdigital.com/games/view/dropsy
Post edited January 20, 2015 by vicklemos
vicklemos: Just ordered Dropsy from the Kickstarter page and asked for a GOG key instead of a Steam/Humble one, and he said "Since we're published by Devolver we're for-sure gonna be on GOG. It's actually my favorite distributor."

So Dropsy is coming! :)
Looks interesting!
high rated
Something EnforcerSunWoo has known for some time now ;), but just recently I got a response from XSeed about the YS games and permission to share it:

https://www.facebook.com/XSEEDGames/posts/10204564363201344?comment_id=10204676798732162&offset=0&total_comments=1

"...what's the word on the Ys games coming to GOG.com?"

"Should be up by the end of February, stick with us just a bit longer."
high rated
tfishell: Something EnforcerSunWoo has known for some time now ;), but just recently I got a response from XSeed about the YS games and permission to share it:

https://www.facebook.com/XSEEDGames/posts/10204564363201344?comment_id=10204676798732162&offset=0&total_comments=1

Oh, dragging me into this. How very sneaky of you! :P

Yeah, I knew about the drm-free release of the XSEED "back-catalog" since the end of October (which I shared the news with only you). However, there was not a firm release date then, I only knew that the releases were being delayed "for reasons". So props to you for actually getting an idea of the release time table. A little heads-up too on the fact that this might include games from Marvelous Entertainment (XSEED's parent company) including games such as Half Minute Hero.
tfishell: Something EnforcerSunWoo has known for some time now ;), but just recently I got a response from XSeed about the YS games and permission to share it:

Oh, this will be awesome! Thanks for posting this!

EnforcerSunWoo: Oh, dragging me into this. How very sneaky of you! :P

Yeah, I knew about the drm-free release of the XSEED "back-catalog" since the end of October (which I shared the news with only you). However, there was not a firm release date then, I only knew that the releases were being delayed "for reasons". So props to you for actually getting an idea of the release time table. A little heads-up too on the fact that this might include games from Marvelous Entertainment (XSEED's parent company) including games such as Half Minute Hero.
Though I'm quite curious as to what those "reasons" were, I am nevertheless thrilled that we'll finally be getting the Ys games on GOG. The fact that we might be getting Half-Minute Hero, a game I've heard good things about, as well is just icing on the cake.

Combined with the (near) confirmation that Corpse Party will be released here, the only PC game from Marvelous/XSEED that we're missing is Skullgirls. Well, that and it remains to be seen if GOG will get Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter (though I'm keeping my fingers crossed).
Post edited January 21, 2015 by Gandos

Gandos: Though I'm quite curious as to what those "reasons" were, I am nevertheless thrilled that we'll finally be getting the Ys games on GOG. The fact that we might be getting Half-Minute Hero, a game I've heard good things about, as well is just icing on the cake.

Combined with the (near) confirmation that Corpse Party will be released here, the only PC game from Marvelous/XSEED that we're missing is Skullgirls. Well, that and it remains to be seen if GOG will get Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter (though I'm keeping my fingers crossed).
I think that this Facebook post more or less speaks for itself on the possibility of seeing TITS: SC available here.

https://www.facebook.com/XSEEDGames/photos/a.207802608353.129865.163718093353/10152301561688354/?type=1&theater

The pc release of TITS did very well for XSEED, even here. So the release of SC it is not quite confirmed, but I think it is likely.
Gandos: Though I'm quite curious as to what those "reasons" were, I am nevertheless thrilled that we'll finally be getting the Ys games on GOG. The fact that we might be getting Half-Minute Hero, a game I've heard good things about, as well is just icing on the cake.

EnforcerSunWoo: I think that this Facebook post more or less speaks for itself on the possibility of seeing TITS: SC available here.

https://www.facebook.com/XSEEDGames/photos/a.207802608353.129865.163718093353/10152301561688354/?type=1&theater

The pc release of TITS did very well for XSEED, even here. So the release of SC it is not quite confirmed, but I think it is likely.
That is indeed great to hear. I was wondering if TitS did well here, since it was at the top of the bestseller list for a while both during its original release and during the recent sales. Frankly, I have to give credit to XSEED for releasing First Chapter here from the get go; I definitely wasn't expecting that from a publisher that had no prior dealings with GOG. In any case, thank you for the link!

Now that the service has both XSEED and Ghostlight on board, things are really starting to pick up for GOG in the Japanese games department. =)

I'll buy the Ys game here immediately, don't even care I already own them on Steam.
Any clues if there will be differences between this corpse party and the PSP version?
omega64: I'll buy the Ys game here immediately, don't even care I already own them on Steam.
Any clues if there will be differences between this corpse party and the PSP version?
There will be additional content that's exclusive to the version the translation is based on according to the preview. I've no idea what though.