It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prah: Yeah part of why Death Stranding won't come to GOG (probably) is that there are online-parts of the games that are deemed essential to the gameplay experience.
People should be able to decide for themselves what they "deem essential". Just my opinion.
high rated
New company in the catalog: Fireart Games. They have two games:
Tohu (coming soon)

TOHU is an amazing Point&Click quest with unique and unexpected story. It’ll bring you to a wonderful fictional world where you’ll save the planet and your friends with the help of two extraordinary characters

Spirit Roots (released)

Spirit Roots is a fun, old-school 2D platformer with a touching story and a happy ending. Defeat the enemies to return to your family!
The-Business: New company in the catalog: Fireart Games. They have two games:

Tohu (coming soon)

TOHU is an amazing Point&Click quest with unique and unexpected story. It’ll bring you to a wonderful fictional world where you’ll save the planet and your friends with the help of two extraordinary characters

Spirit Roots (released)

Spirit Roots is a fun, old-school 2D platformer with a touching story and a happy ending. Defeat the enemies to return to your family!
The-Business:
It's probably Tohu, but I won't mind Spirit Roots either.
Prah: Yeah part of why Death Stranding won't come to GOG (probably) is that there are online-parts of the games that are deemed essential to the gameplay experience. Besides just leaving messages/signs for other players; a lot of the world itself (paths, roads, etc.) are built up by others players in your game session; of course you can build this by yourself as well but that's not the point. Thus the world is "alive" in a sense that makes it a bit too tied into the game without it being fully multiplayer.
I disagree, I played the game from start to finish offline without any issue. You rapidly understand that building is often no needed, a couple of bridge her and there, may be one road or two, and later some zip line is all you need to travel rapidly, and all that you can do by yourself. If anything I would say that MP is more some "Meta" gimmick rather than something really useful gameplay wise, no to mention that having tons of ladders, zip line, etc... puts at dumb place and littering the place gets old very fast.
Prah: Yeah part of why Death Stranding won't come to GOG (probably) is that there are online-parts of the games that are deemed essential to the gameplay experience.
teceem: People should be able to decide for themselves what they "deem essential". Just my opinion.
Except that people around here would absolutely complain about a release lacking essential feature (it's just very obviously build around online interaction, so much that Kojima claims it's a genre).
teceem: People should be able to decide for themselves what they "deem essential". Just my opinion.
Robette: Except that people around here would absolutely complain about a release lacking essential feature (it's just very obviously build around online interaction, so much that Kojima claims it's a genre).
It seems to me that if a game has a full-fledged single-player mode, then it's okay if it appears here without multiplayer support, but! provided that the price is reduced in proportion to the loss in gameplay (somewhere multiplayer is more important, somewhere not). And, of course, this must be warned in advance.
In the case when on GOG they offer to buy a game at the same price as from competitors but with no multiplayer, this is already an unpleasant option. However, even this option is often willing (many never use multiplayer in games, with a full-fledged single player).

A good solution to the problem (not in all cases, though) could be such an option when GOG suggests that developers add a universal multiplayer implementation to a game (for example, via LAN or Direct Connection), instead of persuading developers to add support for the Galaxy. Then we would even automatically have the possibility of cross-store multiplayer.
Alas, GOG in this part decided to copy Valve. As a result, developers need to make a separate version with the implementation of MP-over-Galaxy for GOG, and we have an eternally "dead" (empty) multiplayer.

P.S. I should note that the discussion has slightly deviated from the main topic.
Robette: Except that people around here would absolutely complain about a release lacking essential feature (it's just very obviously build around online interaction, so much that Kojima claims it's a genre).
People will always find something to complain about. I expect a DRM-free single player game on GOG - people who want the online features can just buy it on Steam, no?
"build around online interaction"? I disagree (in this case). There are many people who say that Neverwinter Nights is better when played multi-player. Again, I disagree, to me: online multiplayer = no play.
high rated
New companies in the catalog: Monster Couch, Stonemaier Games, indienova for Wingspan:
Wingspan is a relaxing, award-winning strategy card game about birds for 1 to 5 players. Each bird you play extends a chain of powerful combinations in one of your three habitats. Your goal is to discover and attract the best birds to your network of wildlife preserves.

Features

Relaxing strategy card game where your goal is to discover and attract the best birds.
Single player and multiplayer modes for up to five players.
Based on award winning, competitive, medium-weight, card-driven, engine-building board game.
Hundreds of unique, animated birds with their real life sound recordings.
Multiple ways to accumulate points with birds, bonus cards and end-of-round goals.
The-Business: New companies in the catalog: Monster Couch, Stonemaier Games, indienova for Wingspan:

Wingspan is a relaxing, award-winning strategy card game about birds for 1 to 5 players. Each bird you play extends a chain of powerful combinations in one of your three habitats. Your goal is to discover and attract the best birds to your network of wildlife preserves.

Features

Relaxing strategy card game where your goal is to discover and attract the best birds.
Single player and multiplayer modes for up to five players.
Based on award winning, competitive, medium-weight, card-driven, engine-building board game.
Hundreds of unique, animated birds with their real life sound recordings.
Multiple ways to accumulate points with birds, bonus cards and end-of-round goals.
The-Business:
Strategy card games.... my one weakness. :)
high rated
More companies added to the company list: GIGA for Baldr Sky and LYCORIS for Fatal Twelve both of which are published by Sekai Project.

Not a game but on January 29 we will be getting the graphic novel Remothered: A Lamb to the Slaughter - Book 1:
https://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3647559/remothered-digital-graphic-novel-series-debuts-on-january-29th/

And ICYMI, Saints Row The Third Remastered is coming to GOG:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/ye_olde_gog_product_ids_public_api_charting_enterprise/post320

And I think this tweet by Toge Productions is indicating that a GOG release of Necronator: Dead Wrong is coming:
https://twitter.com/togeproductions/status/1348455760070463488
Post edited January 11, 2021 by SCPM
high rated
Hoping this Twitter like from KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS means Death Stranding will come to GoG.
Attachments:
ds_gog.jpg (21 Kb)
high rated
mechmouse: Hoping this Twitter like from KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS means Death Stranding will come to GoG.
I posted in this thread when denuvo was removed from the game, saying that it might land here during the winter sale. It didn't happen. However, I'm still of the belief that it will be release here soon.
high rated
SCPM: More companies added to the company list: GIGA for Baldr Sky and LYCORIS for Fatal Twelve both of which are published by Sekai Project.

Not a game but on January 29 we will be getting the graphic novel Remothered: A Lamb to the Slaughter - Book 1:
https://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3647559/remothered-digital-graphic-novel-series-debuts-on-january-29th/

And ICYMI, Saints Row The Third Remastered is coming to GOG:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/ye_olde_gog_product_ids_public_api_charting_enterprise/post320

And I think this tweet by Toge Productions is indicating that a GOG release of Necronator: Dead Wrong is coming:
https://twitter.com/togeproductions/status/1348455760070463488
If Saints Row The Third Remastered is coming to GOG I hope owners of the original get a deal, such as a free upgrade or at the very least a discount for owning the original version.
wolfsite: If Saints Row The Third Remastered is coming to GOG I hope owners of the original get a deal, such as a free upgrade or at the very least a discount for owning the original version.
Unless they changed their mind, a free upgrade won't happen.

The official twitter confirmed this when someone asked if they'd get the remaster for free for owning the original on Steam: https://twitter.com/SaintsRow/status/1263471164673884160?s=20

As for a deal, since the game will be one year older by the time it arrives here, I think it'll have the same usual discount as other ex-epic exclusives. But maybe who owns the original gets a bigger discount.
Post edited January 12, 2021 by bluethief
SCPM: And ICYMI, Saints Row The Third Remastered is coming to GOG:
Nice! Now if we could get a remaster of Saints Row 2. That's still my favorite in the franchise.

Edit:
acute71: Nice! Now if we could get a remaster of Saints Row 2. That's still my favorite in the franchise.
bluethief: Not a remaster, but they're working on fixing the existing one:

https://twitter.com/DSVolition/status/1247661982276366337
AFAIK that is only for the steam release :(
Post edited January 12, 2021 by acute71