It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prah: No idea what you're rambling about there, GOG will of course stay a DRM free store.
ReynardFox: You haven't seen the thing where GOG is now selling a DRM'd game (No Man's Sky), refusing to aknowledge this, and is now selling games with DRM direct from Epic's store through Galaxy, which is almost inevitably going to lead to less and less DRM free releases as devs won't see the need to make them.

That and GOG giving support to said Epic games while claiming to be too overworked to respond quickly to regular users.

A whole lot of long time users are very nervous right now thanks to the insane, illogical and self-destructive things GOG is doing, while also doing absolutely nothing to put those fears at ease.
+1, great comment. It's hard for me to look forward to any releases here at this point since the company is giving me no reason to trust it. I don't think I'm being irrational; I came here for DRM-free gaming with offline installers, and every move seems specifically designed to minimize or phase out such. I would be on board I guess with a "holy grail" type release. GTA 1 and 2 wouldn't do it...III trilogy and I'd consider an insta-buy, provided they haven't completely phased out offline installers downloadable without Galaxy by then.
rjbuffchix: +1, great comment. It's hard for me to look forward to any releases here at this point since the company is giving me no reason to trust it. I don't think I'm being irrational; I came here for DRM-free gaming with offline installers, and every move seems specifically designed to minimize or phase out such. I would be on board I guess with a "holy grail" type release. GTA 1 and 2 wouldn't do it...III trilogy and I'd consider an insta-buy, provided they haven't completely phased out offline installers downloadable without Galaxy by then.
As I said in another thread, GOG has one shot at saving face here for me and probably a lot of others, and it all comes down to whether the Outer Worlds and MechWarrior 5 show up here as an installer, or exclusively through Galaxy.
ReynardFox: As I said in another thread, GOG has one shot at saving face here for me and probably a lot of others, and it all comes down to whether the Outer Worlds and MechWarrior 5 show up here as an installer, or exclusively through Galaxy.
Exclusively on Galaxy? That means they'd be "sold on GOG"! They're going to be sold on GOG, hooray!...that's what we're supposed to react like, right?
ReynardFox: As I said in another thread, GOG has one shot at saving face here for me and probably a lot of others, and it all comes down to whether the Outer Worlds and MechWarrior 5 show up here as an installer, or exclusively through Galaxy.
rjbuffchix: Exclusively on Galaxy? That means they'd be "sold on GOG"! They're going to be sold on GOG, hooray!...that's what we're supposed to react like, right?
Pretty much, just look at the jingly keys, don't question it, you got your game using GOG right?

I think I would legitimately go ballistic on support if someone there told me "it is on GOG, you just need to install galaxy".
Mech Warrior 5 is confirmed for GOG via the DLC video so I am pretty sure that is locked. No idea about Outer Worlds, does the publisher have anything else here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFZ5E13dxSM
RPGFanboy: the publisher have anything else here?
Yep.

Private Division published Kerbal Space Program.
RPGFanboy: Mech Warrior 5 is confirmed for GOG via the DLC video
I mean, there should be some comfort in that logo being there, but it doesn't clear up if it's coming to GOG by way of Epic through Galaxy, we'll just have to wait and see.

"Until now, the GOG Galaxy store tab has only included GOG's catalogue of games, but testers will now see hand-picked Epic Game Store exclusives as well, including The Outer Worlds, Mortal Shell, Maneater and MechWarrior 5."

But the wording here is enough to make me nervous.
Post edited October 14, 2020 by ReynardFox
RPGFanboy: Mech Warrior 5 is confirmed for GOG via the DLC video
ReynardFox: I mean, there should be some comfort in that logo being there, but it doesn't clear up if it's coming to GOG by way of Epic through Galaxy, we'll just have to wait and see.

"Until now, the GOG Galaxy store tab has only included GOG's catalogue of games, but testers will now see hand-picked Epic Game Store exclusives as well, including The Outer Worlds, Mortal Shell, Maneater and MechWarrior 5."

But the wording here is enough to make me nervous.
Apparently Mechwarrior 5, Maneater, Mortal Shell and Outer Worlds are listed in GOG's technical support pages as off Oct 1st.

I seriously doubt GOG would do that only for Epic games through Galaxy.
Post edited October 14, 2020 by retron22
retron22: Apparently, Mechwarrior 5, Maneater, Mortal Shell and Outer Worlds are listed in GOG's technical support pages as off Oct 1st.

What is the basis of your doubt...Isn't part of the deal that GOG will provide support, refunds, etc for the Epic purchases?
retron22: Apparently, Mechwarrior 5, Maneater, Mortal Shell and Outer Worlds are listed in GOG's technical support pages as off Oct 1st.

rjbuffchix: What is the basis of your doubt...Isn't part of the deal that GOG will provide support, refunds, etc for the Epic purchases?
You can buy alot of games on Epic and they don't have tech support pages on GOG, like the Borderlands series or Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey........ Yet.

And plus, Mortal Shell has been confirmed for GOG with a "coming soon" page.
high rated
retron22: And plus, Mortal Shell has been confirmed for GOG with a "coming soon" page.
So was Partisans 1941, but today, on the release date on Steam, it has been removed... :-(
It should be noted that MW5 was planned for a GOG release long before the Galaxy Store integration and even before PGI took the exclusivity deal so i dare say it's coming here to GOG.com website just as Bannerlord 2 did.

I'm hopeful for The Outer Worlds too but not as much as the above since i'm still uncertain how Take Two and Microsofts involvement affects Obsidians chances of selling it drm free.
retron22: And plus, Mortal Shell has been confirmed for GOG with a "coming soon" page.
zeffyr: So was Partisans 1941, but today, on the release date on Steam, it has been removed... :-(
Didn't know about that one, but it's not on tech support either, so who know?
ChrisGamer300: It should be noted that MW5 was planned for a GOG release long before the Galaxy Store integration and even before PGI took the exclusivity deal so i dare say it's coming here to GOG.com website just as Bannerlord 2 did.

I'm hopeful for The Outer Worlds too but not as much as the above since i'm still uncertain how Take Two and Microsofts involvement affects Obsidians chances of selling it drm free.
I always wondered about that myself.

But, atleast Hellblade is still available here, considering MS bought them out, aswell.
ChrisGamer300: It should be noted that MW5 was planned for a GOG release long before the Galaxy Store integration and even before PGI took the exclusivity deal so i dare say it's coming here to GOG.com website just as Bannerlord 2 did.

retron22: I always wondered about that myself.

But, atleast Hellblade is still available here, considering MS bought them out, aswell.
Yes, agreements are very rarely revoked when set in stone and while The Outer Worlds was released without DRM on Epic, the DLC require the client from what i have seen and has not been made available without the client yet (probably intentional) so that one is up in the air.
Post edited October 14, 2020 by ChrisGamer300
From the developer for Raccoo Venture:

"Hi there! The gog registration has already been done, now it depends on them. There no plans to change the price after the final release. :)"