It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Luksa: Prequel to Vaporum - Vaporum: Lockdown should arrive to GOG according the teaser.
A dev confirmed Vaporum: Lockdown coming definitely to GOG yesterday in livestream.
high rated
SCPM: I absolutely agree, I would take a GOG release without achievement 'functionality' then no release at all, and I am concerned we would miss out on any good games because of this. :( The dev feels that by functionality they do mean achievements, but I wonder how it is actually worded and what is meant. Then again, there are still games that are being released without these features like the most recent Shantae. I wish developers would just drop any vendor lock-in dreck like client achievements, trading cards, leaderboards, and Workshop and use vendor-agnostic alternatives like mod.io and in-game achievements. Et voila, they wouldn't have to maintain multiple builds for PC.
This! ^
It is better to have a game here without achievements than not have it here at all (because the developer / publisher does not plan to implement achievements for this platform).
Surely there will be some developers / publishers who decide not to publish the game here at all because of this. And this is very, very, VERY bad.
And if achievement is more important to someone than being able to get a DRM-Free offline installer, then this person seems to have chosen a store that is not suitable for him/her.
I must say that I'm glad that GOG requires matching Steam functionality and that they include achievements.
There are several advantages that I would like to point out:

1. GOG users have always been asking for full games in every component, and releasing games without them always generates discontent. Just think that if the multiplayer is missing compared to Steam, the game is always harshly criticized. It's a first step to have fewer games that end up in the 2nd class list.

2. Achievements sell, some people do not buy on GOG for their lack, and GOG has extreme need to attract new paying users and not only the usual leeches who want the game for free with GOG Connect.

3. This clause eliminates developers who use GOG only for some easy money and then disappear forever and abandon the game. Personally I prefer less games but complete. If someone decides not to release a game on GOG for this reason, he wasn't a reliable developer.

4. As you can see from the thread, this can finally lead to a more widespread diffusion and understanding of the GOG SDK, which will consequently make everything easier as it's for Steam.

5. Evidently it's not even a really mandatory requirement, because unfortunately many developers still release games without achievements (very recent example P.A.M.E.L.A.).
high rated
Devs shouldn't have to implement achievements if it's that time consuming, the focus should be on parity regarding updates.
I couldn't care less for getting an achievement for x-amount of killed enemies, if I can't even finish the game or I don't have access to content that players on other platforms have.

Only a rather small minority needs achievements, while every single one of us wants a complete product I'd assume, I don't get why gog isn't as strict with (quite a few) developers as they should be in that regard.

Well, that's a bit besides the point right now I guess. :P

Edit:
Plus, having to put in some extra work, is proabably another turn off for some developers, which could result in gog missing out on new games.
Post edited June 18, 2020 by NuffCatnip
Alexim: 5. Evidently it's not even a really mandatory requirement, because unfortunately many developers still release games without achievements (very recent example P.A.M.E.L.A.).
Devs confirmed today on Twitter they are working on achievements for GOG.
Alexim: 5. Evidently it's not even a really mandatory requirement, because unfortunately many developers still release games without achievements (very recent example P.A.M.E.L.A.).
PainOfSalvation: Devs confirmed today on Twitter they are working on achievements for GOG.
Have they said anything about a Linux port?
wolfsite: Have they said anything about a Linux port?
Somebody asked about achievements, they answered. You can ask them about Linux.
wolfsite: Have they said anything about a Linux port?
PainOfSalvation: Somebody asked about achievements, they answered. You can ask them about Linux.
I don't use Twitter or Facebook so my ability to contact them is limited, I'll see if they have E-mail.
PainOfSalvation: Devs confirmed today on Twitter they are working on achievements for GOG.
Wonderful!
Is it March 27 yet?
karnak1: On one hand he clearly states that "The agreement requires matching Steam functionality" which is good news, as it clearly proves that GOG is doing what so many customers demanded: to force devs to give to GOG userbase the same benefits that steam users have.
What irks me is that this should be a standard, and not GOG trying to "force" devs to respect this.

karnak1: My only fear is wether GOG has been losing some games, these last years, just because the devs refused to create achievements for Galaxy and GOG thus refused to sell their games. But maybe I'm just reading too much into it.
Let them be. If achievements have become a standard for the gaming industry and they still refuse to put them on GOG due to lazyness/not wanting to be arsed with for a GOG release, then I have no doubts that this could extends in the future as delayed updates, new content, and so on.

I never cared for achievements in the first place, but there is a big difference between truly struggling to implement them, or not wanting to do that out of lazyness.

Alexim: I must say that I'm glad that GOG requires matching Steam functionality and that they include achievements.
There are several advantages that I would like to point out:

1. GOG users have always been asking for full games in every component, and releasing games without them always generates discontent. Just think that if the multiplayer is missing compared to Steam, the game is always harshly criticized. It's a first step to have fewer games that end up in the 2nd class list.

2. Achievements sell, some people do not buy on GOG for their lack, and GOG has extreme need to attract new paying users and not only the usual leeches who want the game for free with GOG Connect.

3. This clause eliminates developers who use GOG only for some easy money and then disappear forever and abandon the game. Personally I prefer less games but complete. If someone decides not to release a game on GOG for this reason, he wasn't a reliable developer.

4. As you can see from the thread, this can finally lead to a more widespread diffusion and understanding of the GOG SDK, which will consequently make everything easier as it's for Steam.

5. Evidently it's not even a really mandatory requirement, because unfortunately many developers still release games without achievements (very recent example P.A.M.E.L.A.).
SO MUCH THIS! It's not about getting achievements or not, but overall parity, which not only will make GOG look like a more reliable platform, but also making it more popular, while lessening those botched release only GOG gets (be them delayed/stopped updates, DLC, or altogether cut features).
Post edited June 20, 2020 by Kyousuke.
I have almost 500 games in Gog and more than 2500 in Steam. I'll wish to buy only in one of these stores and I prefer GOG. But GOG had a big problem (It's a opinion personal and dont want to open a new boring post talking about it) :

1. I need a lot of more racing and sport games. I love it a lot.
2. More AAA games (I'm happy that GOG is solving this issue with a lot of AAA games including in his games catalogue)

I don't play games to get achievements, don't use galaxy or another thing. I only need offline dowload packages of the games.

But each time a racing game (mostly Codemaster racing games) is retired from Steam catalogue (Grid 2 - Dirt 3 - ... ) without having been released in GOG... I always think if I should buy only games in Steam.

¿Do you think GOG is interesting in get sport games?. I meant, ¿is GOG making any effort to add Codemasters racing games and other sport games to their games catalogue?

I'm sorry for my horrible English.

Edit: There are a lot of great or funny games that I "think" (obviusly, it's a personal opinion) could get realeased in GOG easily:
For example in this bundle there are any of them:
https://www.fanatical.com/es/bundle/fanatical-anthology-racing-bundle
GT Legends, GTR Evolution, Race 07.

Also GTR 1 and 2, Race Injection and many others.
Post edited June 20, 2020 by Kengy
Kengy: I have almost 500 games in Gog and more than 2500 in Steam. I'll wish to buy only in one of these stores and I prefer GOG. But GOG had a big problem (It's a opinion personal and dont want to open a new boring post talking about it) :

1. I need a lot of more racing and sport games. I love it a lot.
2. More AAA games (I'm happy that GOG is solving this issue with a lot of AAA games including in his games catalogue)

I don't play games to get achievements, don't use galaxy or another thing. I only need offline dowload packages of the games.

But each time a racing game (mostly Codemaster racing games) is retired from Steam catalogue (Grid 2 - Dirt 3 - ... ) without having been released in GOG... I always think if I should buy only games in Steam.

¿Do you think GOG is interesting in get sport games?. I meant, ¿is GOG making any effort to add Codemasters racing games and other sport games to their games catalogue?

I'm sorry for my horrible English.

Edit: There are a lot of great or funny games that I "think" (obviusly, it's a personal opinion) could get realeased in GOG easily:
For example in this bundle there are any of them:
https://www.fanatical.com/es/bundle/fanatical-anthology-racing-bundle
GT Legends, GTR Evolution, Race 07.

Also GTR 1 and 2, Race Injection and many others.
I imagine they'd at least try to get the racing games back that had been sold on GoG before but were removed due to expired licensing (I think, not sure) years ago:

From the top of my head those would include (among others?):

Colin McRae Rally 2005
GRID a.k.a. Race Driver: Grid
Re-Volt

GoG likely looks and tries to get racing games/sports games in general on the store, but the reasons that they don't end up here are likely the infestation with micro-transactions/lootbox mechanics/always-online DRM and license-holders like Codemasters not willing (for reasons) to sell DRM-free versions of their games. From a technical point of view I imagine it's also no trivial thing or even nigh impossible to remove the micro-transactions/lootbox mechanics and the always-online requirement to get a truly DRM-free version.
Post edited June 20, 2020 by Swedrami
I wonder what are the odds of Dying Light 2 coming to GoG?

What companies actually do Day 1 or shortly after releases for GoG?

Other than CD Projeck Red and THQ?
comicbookguy90: I wonder what are the odds of Dying Light 2 coming to GoG?

What companies actually do Day 1 or shortly after releases for GoG?

Other than CD Projeck Red and THQ?
Don't know about Dying Light 2 on day 1 but they're quite a few publishers that do release their games including...

3D Realms and their upcoming Ghostrunner which looks promising.

1C Entertainment appears to release all their games here day 1 but still seem to yet release their RTS sequel MoW: Assault Squad 2.

Devolver Digital seems to release almost all their games including Shadow Warrior's 1 and 2 but not Serious Sam 3 and the first 2 HD enhanced versions for some reason(decision of developer?)

Nighdive is certainly team GOG with their old re-releases(all games if GOG wouldn't reject some games due to the infamous curation process) and also the upcoming System Shock Remake which seems awesome.
Post edited June 21, 2020 by retron22