It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
New company in the catalog: Nepos Games for Nebuchadnezzar
Nebuchadnezzar is a classic isometric city builder game inviting players to experience the mysterious history and culture of ancient Mesopotamia. In the campaign, players get to rule over influential historical cities filled with magnificent monuments.

Gameplay

From plowing fields to creating products, players must oversee the manufacturing of agriculture and goods for the city population. Players have an arsenal of tools to optimize their objectives. In addition, a maximum overview of their city helps players to solve problems and prevent population loss. Nebuchadnezzar’s gameplay is geared towards all types of players: from beginners of the genre to experienced strategists.

Campaign

Nebuchadnezzar’s main campaign contains 16 historical missions covering the colonization of ancient lands to the conquest of Babylon by Persians in 6th Century BC. Each mission summons a different time period in Ancient Mesopotamian history. Players must carry out tasks important to the specific time and place of each mission, including the construction of historical monuments.

Monuments

During the campaign players will not only build complex ancient monuments, but design them too. Nebuchadnezzar features an in-game “monument editor” giving players complete control over their buildings. From structural design to color scheme to final details: it’s in the hands of the player. Will you recreate history or make history? It’s up to you.

Mods & Localization

Nebuchadnezzar was created with mods and localization in mind. Modders will be able to create their own buildings, goods, and monuments. And in addition, they can invent new missions and campaigns. All definition files are written in the easy to read Lua language. Localizing mods will not be a problem. You can create mods in multiple languages and/or add languages to existing ones. This applies to the base game as well.
The-Business: New company in the catalog: Nepos Games for Nebuchadnezzar
Very nice... I wonder if there's any technical limitation to the size of the Ziggurat you seem to be able to build in this.

Outward's The Soroboreans expansion is due for tomorrow, in case you missed it.
The-Business: New company in the catalog: Nepos Games for Nebuchadnezzar
Great! Mesopotamia deserves more love in gaming.
high rated
New company in the catalog: Chibig (e.g. Summer in Mara)
high rated
New company in the catalog: Hidden Layer Games for Inmost
A Knight sworn to the forces of darkness.
A creature which feeds on pain.
A stranger searching for answers.

One interconnecting tale of suffering, sacrifice, and the young girl in the middle of it all.

INMOST is an intimate story of loss and hope that some may find upsetting.

INMOST is an emotional and deeply atmospheric narrative-driven puzzle platformer. Uncover the story of an adventurous your girl, a stoic knight, and a man in search of answers.

Explore a crumbling, nightmarish landsacpe, slice through enemies, and spring deadly traps in order to escape the evil that awaits ...

Features
Discover a 3-5 hour emotional story, intended to be played in a single-sitting on a dark, stormy night

A hauntingly atomspheric pixel art world
Explore a crumbling, nightmarish landscape, slice through enemies, and spring deadly traps in order to escape the evil that awaits...

Play as three main characters
A knight adventures into the depths of a deteriorating castle. A child uncovers the past of an eerie house. A wanderer searches for answers.

Escape an otherworldly labyrinth
Lure enemies into lethal traps, solve environmental puzzles and utilise your scythe, hookshot and pickaxe to avoid a gruesome end.
Yees, Inmost!
high rated
Fates of Ort is coming to GOG, based on the exchange here:
https://forum.defold.com/t/gog-sdk/65210
high rated
SCPM: Fates of Ort is coming to GOG, based on the exchange here:
https://forum.defold.com/t/gog-sdk/65210
Reading the dev's statements concerning the difficulty in copying steam's achievements to the GOG Galaxy system I admit I'm quite pissed.

On one hand he clearly states that "The agreement requires matching Steam functionality" which is good news, as it clearly proves that GOG is doing what so many customers demanded: to force devs to give to GOG userbase the same benefits that steam users have.

But, on the other hand, I'm sorry that devs have to lose time and energy in creating achievements for their games. I know my opinion is controversial. I've been using Galaxy for several years now and I think it's quite nice for the Cloud-Saving function.
But in all the years I've been playing (and there were game achievements long before there even was steam) I admit I never understood the wonder of it. Who cares if I managed to kill 10 zombies with only one grenade?
I apologize in advance if anyone who reads this feels pissed by my opinion. If anyone loves game-achievements, more power to them. I just can't get it.

My only fear is wether GOG has been losing some games, these last years, just because the devs refused to create achievements for Galaxy and GOG thus refused to sell their games. But maybe I'm just reading too much into it.
I love GOG achievement, galaxy has such a nice pop up sound when they pop...

but I kind of have to agree with above users... forcing dev a extra work just for game achievements make dev shift focus from updating stuff... I would rather update parity.
and it's not just laziness, something pub like THNordic (Ori) obviously lack dev rights to add achievements
or it's single dev or extra small team on the game.
karnak1: snip
There is no good reason why the devs can't just port over the existing achievements from Steam into Galaxy. If it's really this hard, GOG seriously needs to improve their tools.

In terms of achievements, personally I really like them and they give me some clear goals and objectives to work towards. It makes game completion more satisfying for me. But I agree with you that boring or easy achievements like "Kill 10 zombies with a grenade" or "Complete Chapter 1" adds nothing to the experience. I'd be perfectly happy if most games had around 5-15 achievements that actually required some skill, commitment and/or thought to obtain.
Post edited June 18, 2020 by Dreamia
BeatriceElysia: I love GOG achievement, galaxy has such a nice pop up sound when they pop...

but I kind of have to agree with above users... forcing dev a extra work just for game achievements make dev shift focus from updating stuff... I would rather update parity.
and it's not just laziness, something pub like THNordic (Ori) obviously lack dev rights to add achievements
or it's single dev or extra small team on the game.
Thank you for your view on the issue. Just because I can't see the point on something, it doesn't mean that other people aren't allowed to it.
What really bothered me is the issue with the dev having problems implementing the thing and the apparent lack (at least, as far as I could understand) of communication from GOG's part concerning the Galaxy code.
It seems that GOG's legendary communication problems aren't only between the store and its customers. It seems to spread to communication between store and publishers :P

Again, I just hope that we haven't missed certain games on this store because of such things.
But I suspect we did :(
karnak1: snip
Dreamia: There is no good reason why the devs can't just port over the existing achievements from Steam into Galaxy. If it's really this hard, GOG seriously needs to improve their tools.

In terms of achievements, personally I really like them and they give me some clear goals and objectives to work towards. It makes game completion more satisfying for me. But I agree with you that boring or easy achievements like "Kill 10 zombies with a grenade" or "Complete Chapter 1" or adds nothing to the experience. I'd be perfectly happy if most games had around 5-15 achievements that actually required some skill, commitment or thought to obtain.
Thanks for your opinion as well. I have to agree on you in some parts.
I can't really understand the need for "vanity achievements". But maybe I'd be fine if reaching certain achievements would imply bonus gameplay. Like: killing 10 zombies with a grenade will grant you extra Dexterity bonus or better grenades in later plays.

EDIT:
Sorry... I'm derailing the purpose of this thread. Let it remain for upcoming game announcements.
Post edited June 18, 2020 by karnak1
high rated
The main appeal of shopping here is DRM free games. Features that require a client to work shouldn't be mandatory.
BeatriceElysia: I love GOG achievement, galaxy has such a nice pop up sound when they pop...
I agree, the little animation and sound makes them feel more meaningful than with Steam's achievements :)

Now if they could just improve the rest of the overlay...
PLASMA97: The main appeal of shopping here is DRM free games. Features that require a client to work shouldn't be mandatory.
They are trying to push their client. If most games don't make use of Galaxy's features, people wont have a reason to use it.
Post edited June 18, 2020 by Dreamia
high rated
I absolutely agree, I would take a GOG release without achievement 'functionality' then no release at all, and I am concerned we would miss out on any good games because of this. :( The dev feels that by functionality they do mean achievements, but I wonder how it is actually worded and what is meant. Then again, there are still games that are being released without these features like the most recent Shantae. I wish developers would just drop any vendor lock-in dreck like client achievements, trading cards, leaderboards, and Workshop and use vendor-agnostic alternatives like mod.io and in-game achievements. Et voila, they wouldn't have to maintain multiple builds for PC.
high rated
SpaceVenture, the crowdfunded spiritual successor to the SpaceQuest series is/was? slated for a June release, very likely on GoG too.
The update announcing the tentative release window is from March, 16th, and since then the developers seem to have gone radio-silent as well though.