It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Both K&L games are here now. Although I'm a little concerned about part 2, due to the "de"-suffix in the URL. Does that mean it's a censored version for German customers?
Nergal01: Both K&L games are here now. Although I'm a little concerned about part 2, due to the "de"-suffix in the URL. Does that mean it's a censored version for German customers?
Yes, there is a DE version and a separate RotW version available for purchase.
SCPM: Yes, there is a DE version and a separate RotW version available for purchase.
*sigh* Now they're doing this, too, huh? Granted, the censorship in Dog Days is pretty much limited to being unable to shoot civilians and the removal of ragdoll physics for corpses AFAIK, but still...
SCPM: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Swedrami: Hopefully also a sign for the HITMAN comeback in September, just in time for the anniversary of the "not-so-DRM-free" first attempt.
That'd be great but I doubt it, assuming this is still accurate. https://www.vg247.com/hitman-developer-io-lost-the-rights-to-kane-lynch-but-ended-up-keeping-freedom-fighters
low rated
Swedrami: Hopefully also a sign for the HITMAN comeback in September, just in time for the anniversary of the "not-so-DRM-free" first attempt.
tfishell: That'd be great but I doubt it, assuming this is still accurate. https://www.vg247.com/hitman-developer-io-lost-the-rights-to-kane-lynch-but-ended-up-keeping-freedom-fighters
Not sure what I'm looking at in this article and how it's connected to the botched "DRM-free, but not really" release of HITMAN (2016) in September last year I was referring to?
tfishell: That'd be great but I doubt it, assuming this is still accurate. https://www.vg247.com/hitman-developer-io-lost-the-rights-to-kane-lynch-but-ended-up-keeping-freedom-fighters
Swedrami: Not sure what I'm looking at in this article and how it's connected to the botched "DRM-free, but not really" release of HITMAN (2016) in September last year I was referring to?
He tells you that "different publishers". Which means: No, that's not a sign.
Swedrami: Not sure what I'm looking at in this article and how it's connected to the botched "DRM-free, but not really" release of HITMAN (2016) in September last year I was referring to?
IO doesn't have any control over Kane & Lynch anymore, so afaik there's no reason to believe they played a role in getting the series here.

But maybe by "sign" you meant it abstractly like "sign in the stars".
high rated
SCPM: Thanks to WinterSnowfall, API entries have been found for Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, Sub Command, and 688(I) HunterKiller.
Such small buds they were when I discovered them, now blooming near their release :P. Good to know the Strategy First simulation pack is about to break the surface :).
high rated
Not sure if this was mentioned before (otherwise SCPM forgot to :P), but there's also an entry for World War II GI that showed up recently.
WinterSnowfall: Not sure if this was mentioned before (otherwise SCPM forgot to :P), but there's also an entry for World War II GI that showed up recently.
Nice. FINALLY the "series" with "NAM" is complete.
Loger13: He tells you that "different publishers". Which means: No, that's not a sign.
tfishell: IO doesn't have any control over Kane & Lynch anymore, so afaik there's no reason to believe they played a role in getting the series here.

But maybe by "sign" you meant it abstractly like "sign in the stars".
Mea culpa, somehow it didn't register that the K&L intellectual property is still owned by Square Enix and not iOi themselves.

The HITMAN comeback in roughly 2 months time could still happen though, also for signs (of the speculative kind, yes) like the database entry for HITMAN 2 (2018) reported a while back.
With recent developments further corroborating that always-online dependency is the "game-killer" iOi may feel more encouraged to NOT be like Ubisoft, too. One would hope so at least.
Swedrami: Mea culpa, somehow it didn't register that the K&L intellectual property is still owned by Square Enix
Its not. Embracer aka THQ Nordic own the rights to K&L.

Edit: Its assumed they don't anyway as SE sold mostly all their all their western properties to Embracer.
Post edited July 09, 2022 by RoboPond
RoboPond: Its not. Embracer aka THQ Nordic own the rights to K&L.

Edit: Its assumed they don't anyway as SE sold mostly all their all their western properties to Embracer.
The transaction is not yet complete. It should finalize within July-September. Aside Deus Ex, Legacy of Kain, Thief and Tomb Raider, nothing else has been confirmed as of yet and Square Enix will not be selling all their western games (Just Cause and Life is Strange have already been ruled out).
Swedrami: The HITMAN comeback in roughly 2 months time could still happen though, also for signs (of the speculative kind, yes) like the database entry for HITMAN 2 (2018) reported a while back.
With recent developments further corroborating that always-online dependency is the "game-killer" iOi may feel more encouraged to NOT be like Ubisoft, too. One would hope so at least.
I'm not particularly hopeful but that would certainly be nice. :) Same with GOG getting Ubisoft's games that were recently taken taken offline - unlikely imo but would be nice.
Grargar: The transaction is not yet complete. It should finalize within July-September. Aside Deus Ex, Legacy of Kain, Thief and Tomb Raider, nothing else has been confirmed as of yet and Square Enix will not be selling all their western games (Just Cause and Life is Strange have already been ruled out).
Ah alright didn't know it still had not been finished yet.

I know hence why I put mostly there.