It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SLP2000: Some more money - not that much as Steam or Epic(?) but still. In todays world every penny counts. If you can earn 100.000$ from selling a game on GOG - then why not?

And Square Enix knows this as they use GOG for selling 3-5 yo and older games. Probably after their income from Steam sale is very low (that's why Skyrim is not here yet).
Ah, the same old and nostalgic song and dance. Too bad the singers and dancers aren't always up to snuff.

Yes, Square Enix can gain some mulah after they decided that GOG-doggy finally deserves a bone. That's not my question. My question is what can GOG do to convince Square Enix to not treat them like a doggy. And the answer, at least currently, is not all that much.
Grargar: Ah, the same old and nostalgic song and dance. Too bad the singers and dancers aren't always up to snuff.

Yes, Square Enix can gain some mulah after they decided that GOG-doggy finally deserves a bone. That's not my question. My question is what can GOG do to convince Square Enix to not treat them like a doggy. And the answer, at least currently, is not all that much.
Ok, now I understand. You care about the new games. I don't. I won't pay full price for new game so I only care if SE will bring their games as a bone for GOG-doggy. I only want them to sell their games after 3-5 years, preferably witj 75%-80% entry discount.
high rated
Grargar: Yes, Square Enix can gain some mulah after they decided that GOG-doggy finally deserves a bone. That's not my question. My question is what can GOG do to convince Square Enix to not treat them like a doggy. And the answer, at least currently, is not all that much.
Well, they don't have the seemingly bottomless pockets like some other companies, or a Fortnite cashcow that preys on children to buy up major title acquisitions or exclusives. So what do you expect them to do? They do what they can in trying to encourage bringing great new titles to the store, but a lot of it is on us, to be honest. It's up to the community here to show up and buy stuff, and even request more of these releases from the studios you want to see.

I mean, look at the negativity and complaining around here about things like GOG requesting you subscribe to marketing e-mails to redeem a free game on giveaway... That's something harmless and optional that GOG does to grow as a service, but some people get up in arms about it. They'd rather see no growth from GOG if it means they can't get a free game without signing up to get wishlist alerts and sales notifications...
high rated
New company in the catalog: Spytihněv for HROT: Horror FPS set in 80s Czechoslovakia.
The-Business: New company in the catalog: Spytihněv for HROT: Horror FPS set in 80s Czechoslovakia.
it reminds me of dusk, so that's nice.
Great to get HROT here! The world definitely needs more videogames with gas masks horses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvKWMfNtceI
The-Business: New company in the catalog: Spytihněv for HROT: Horror FPS set in 80s Czechoslovakia.
Finally!
It's a damn great game!
karnak1: Great to get HROT here! The world definitely needs more videogames with gas masks horses.
The world already had such
SLP2000: Ok, now I understand. You care about the new games. I don't. I won't pay full price for new game so I only care if SE will bring their games as a bone for GOG-doggy. I only want them to sell their games after 3-5 years, preferably witj 75%-80% entry discount.
I care about new and old. What I care about is irrelevant to what I was saying. The point I tried making to tfishell is that GOG has no bargaining power to make Square Enix improve their release priority.
Post edited June 24, 2021 by Grargar
Grargar: The point I tried making to tfishell is that GOG has no bargaining power to make Square Enix improve their release priority.
Yeah, and the point I was making is that it only matters if you care about new games here. If you do, then you are right - GOG has no power over here.

But if you only care about those games when they are a little bit older but with great discount, then GOG has something to offer.
high rated
Back to some on-topic stuff, the newly-announced NIS America localizations for the Trails series all sport the GOG logo on the official websites:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero/Trails to Azure (Autumn 2022/2023)
https://thelegendofheroes.com/crossbell/

The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trail (2023)
https://thelegendofnayuta.com/

The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie (2023)
https://thelegendofheroes.com/reverie
high rated
New companies/company combinations in the catalog: Silver Lining Studio and "Akupara Games, Akatsuki Taiwan Inc." for Behind The Frame:
Combining escape rooms and narrative games, Behind the Frame presents a profoundly interactive storytelling of characters' emotions and plot development. With 360°panorama techniques and an exquisite hand-painted art style, the game takes you into the world of Behind the Frame.

A narrative-driven puzzle game about collecting, fixing and painting.

Enjoy the scenery en route in the world of Behind the Frame, and search for the secrets within. Recollect memories in the time corridor, and savor some beautiful little moments.

Prologue

Listening to the brisk chirping of birds under warm sunshine, the painter once again picks up her paintbrush as usual. Sometimes she would look out the window and enjoy the scenery outside when she's having a quick break.

However, a short interlude happens during her regular days. A lost cat, the old man painting next door, some handwritten notes...

Everything seems unrelated yet familiar...
Grargar: Trails up the wazoo!
Very nice. I actually didn't think anyone would bother officially bringing the Crossbell games to the West anymore. The Nayuta one also seems like a spin-off/one-off? Seems like NISA acquiring the distribution rights for FALCOM games was a very good thing, even with their initially slightly wonky Ys 8 port. :)
Grargar: Back to some on-topic stuff, the newly-announced NIS America localizations for the Trails series all sport the GOG logo on the official websites:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero/Trails to Azure (Autumn 2022/2023)
https://thelegendofheroes.com/crossbell/

The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trail (2023)
https://thelegendofnayuta.com/

The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie (2023)
https://thelegendofheroes.com/reverie
Sweet
Grargar: Trails up the wazoo!
Mr.Mumbles: Very nice. I actually didn't think anyone would bother officially bringing the Crossbell games to the West anymore. The Nayuta one also seems like a spin-off/one-off? Seems like NISA acquiring the distribution rights for FALCOM games was a very good thing, even with their initially slightly wonky Ys 8 port. :)
Nayuta is a non-related spin off, I hear it is more like Zewi. It has nothing to do with the Trails universe.

I rather they spend their time on Calvard, but beggars can't be choosers I guess ;)