It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bluethief: This might be a situation like Urban Chaos and Startopia, where they were available on Steam and only came to GOG a few months later, for whatever reason.
I know the exact reason: GOG didn't respond to messages from the current publisher of the original Startopia and Urban Chaos when they tried to bring these games back last summer (at the time they brought both games back to Steam).

I found out this situation and contacted GOG support for an explanation. After my ticket, GOG contacted My Little Planet Ltd and both games were returned to the GOG catalog.

If no one paid attention to this situation, I believe that both games would still not be available here.

As for Second Sight... It's now published by THQ Nordic who are extremely loyal to GOG, especially when it comes to old games. For example, they even allowed GOG to add unofficial Russian localization for Silver.

For some reason, I'm pretty sure that the reason for this delay is GOG and not THQ Nordic, but that's just my opinion.
Considering that the first one was available on GoG day-one (even had been up for pre-order, iirc) it should(?) be the same for Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2, when it releases on the 4th of June.
bluethief: This might be a situation like Urban Chaos and Startopia, where they were available on Steam and only came to GOG a few months later, for whatever reason.
OHMYGODJCABOMB: I know the exact reason: GOG didn't respond to messages from the current publisher of the original Startopia and Urban Chaos when they tried to bring these games back last summer (at the time they brought both games back to Steam).

I found out this situation and contacted GOG support for an explanation. After my ticket, GOG contacted My Little Planet Ltd and both games were returned to the GOG catalog.

If no one paid attention to this situation, I believe that both games would still not be available here.
This is so laughably bad on GOG's part. What are the people responsible for getting the games here doing?

Thank you for paying attention. The least GOG could have done was to add both games to your account for free, in case you didn't own them already.
high rated
Solasta: Crown of the Magister is going to leave InDev and officially release on the 27th of May.

The first narrative expansion for Wasteland 3, "The Battle of Steeltown" is scheduled to arrive on the 3rd of June.
bluethief: Thank you for paying attention. The least GOG could have done was to add both games to your account for free, in case you didn't own them already.
Good joke. (:

I know that many users do various useful thing for the store (for example, contacting publishers and asking them to fix / update their games on GOG), but I've never heard a single story about users receiving gifts from GOG for it. Sometimes they don't even say a simple "thank you".

Well, let it be on their conscience. Now let's get back to the topic.
high rated
New company in the catalog: Misc Games. Fishing: North Atlantic and/or its Barents Sea prequel?
Post edited April 16, 2021 by The-Business
high rated
Another (Norwegian) company added to the catalog: Scape-IT - developers of e.g. Super Trump Wall, Hillary's Cash Dash and Revenge of The Republican Party.

The game should be Skald: Against the Black Priory:

SKALD: Against the Black Priory is an upcoming classic turn-based RPG. It’s set in a dark and gritty fantasy universe, full of tragic heroes, violent deaths and eldritch horror.
Post edited April 16, 2021 by The-Business
high rated
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Aiko's Choice, the upcoming standalone expansion for Shadow Tactics may come to GOG, but if so - probably not along with Steam launch, but later.

The game has been anounced a while ago, but up to now devs announced it only for Steam. I kept asking them on Discord and they answered that they're focusing on development for now, not other stores, but GOG is not ruled out.

What speaks for GOG:

- successful sales of Shadow Tactics here,
- collaboration again with Daedalic Entertainment, which seems to have a good relationship with GOG,
- day one release of Desperados 3 here, although with THQ Nordic.

What raises doubts:

- focus on Steam so far in current state,
- devs are somewhat doubtful about DRM idea (sic!) and from the context I understand, that they fear of losing sales by releasing it here on day one,
- GOG builds took them some of development force, judging by the pace of Desperados 3 patches coming here with 1-2 days delay compared to Steam.

The game will come to PCs only, supporting Windows and Linux. From what I understood they lean towards delayed release on GOG in order not to lose sales and focus on the main market first, which is Steam.

All in all, I think we will eventually see it on GOG as well. Fingers crossed!
OHMYGODJCABOMB: The game wasn't featured in Thursday's releases.
WinterSnowfall: GOGBears are not exactly known for their punctuality. It may show up later.

OHMYGODJCABOMB: Moreover, there are no any recent changes in GOGDB.
WinterSnowfall: I would not be too surprised if it was added back under a different ID, so this is not necessarily relevant.
OMG please please please let CIV V get released here!!!!!!!
zeffyr: Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Aiko's Choice, the upcoming standalone expansion for Shadow Tactics may come to GOG, but if so - probably not along with Steam launch, but later.

The game has been anounced a while ago, but up to now devs announced it only for Steam. I kept asking them on Discord and they answered that they're focusing on development for now, not other stores, but GOG is not ruled out.

What speaks for GOG:

- successful sales of Shadow Tactics here,
- collaboration again with Daedalic Entertainment, which seems to have a good relationship with GOG,
- day one release of Desperados 3 here, although with THQ Nordic.

What raises doubts:

- focus on Steam so far in current state,
- devs are somewhat doubtful about DRM idea (sic!) and from the context I understand, that they fear of losing sales by releasing it here on day one,
- GOG builds took them some of development force, judging by the pace of Desperados 3 patches coming here with 1-2 days delay compared to Steam.

The game will come to PCs only, supporting Windows and Linux. From what I understood they lean towards delayed release on GOG in order not to lose sales and focus on the main market first, which is Steam.

All in all, I think we will eventually see it on GOG as well. Fingers crossed!
Thanks for sharing the info, very useful.

Still un-fucking-believable, years and 2 releases later these fucking devs are going to have issues with drm and sales after selling the game here for years and standalone or not it's still content for the game and should be here for people who already bought the game. I'm starting to get really sick of devs screwing customers and especially long after release where you have no option other then gobble up their shit.

I didn't think this day woud come but it's time to add Mimimi to the list of devs to avoid buying from until 100% complete.
Post edited April 17, 2021 by ChrisGamer300
ChrisGamer300: Thanks for sharing the info, very useful.

Still un-fucking-believable, years and 2 releases later these fucking devs are going to have issues with drm and sales after selling the game here for years and standalone or not it's still content for the game and should be here for people who already bought the game. I'm starting to get really sick of devs screwing customers and especially long after release where you have no option other then gobble up their shit.

I didn't think this day woud come but it's time to add Mimimi to the list of devs to avoid buying from until 100% complete.
I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet. I mean it's still about 6-8 months till the release, they may decide it in the meantime.

Their games are certainly a product of a heart, not a wallet. Still, their upcoming new game (no title or even genre is known, so far named Codename Suesskartoffel) will be self-published, so they might want figure out release plan on their own for the future.
Post edited April 18, 2021 by zeffyr
SimonZephyr: OMG please please please let CIV V get released here!!!!!!!
Holy random wishposts, Batman!

I think I've said it before - we're in the middle of a always-sometimes-in-the-far-future-release-race between Civ V and Skyrim, and my money is on Skyrim. I would not expect any of them any time soon.
Post edited April 18, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
SimonZephyr: OMG please please please let CIV V get released here!!!!!!!
WinterSnowfall: Holy random wishposts, Batman!

I think I've said it before - we're in the middle of a always-sometimes-in-the-far-future-release-race between Civ V and Skyrim, and my money is on Skyrim. I would not expect any of them any time soon.
#skyrim4lyfe
Post edited April 18, 2021 by fortune_p_dawg
fortune_p_dawg is back on business, so that means we're sure to get Skyrim sooner or later ;)
high rated
New companies in the catalog:

Palm Pioneer and Thermite Games for Tales of the Neon Sea
Tales of the Neon Sea is a retro-styled pixel-art adventure, developed by Palm Pioneer and published by Zodiac Interactive.

Set in a fully realized cyberpunk cityscape where humans and robots contend with escalating tensions and mutual distrust, you take on the role of a hard-boiled detective using your wits and puzzle-solving skills to determine the course of this unique tale.

Welcome to a vibrant future world of intrigue and suspicion, where you must journey through the unknown as you work to uncover the truth.
Wooden Monkeys for Song of Farca:
You are Isabella Song - a hacker PI.

Your job is to hack cameras, phones, and computers, as well as question suspects, analyze evidence and draw conclusions. But don't forget that in Farca city, even criminals can end up victims.