It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I don't recall wether this has been mentioned before, but... Grey Alien Games's, most notable for their more recent game Regency Solitaire, Shadow Hand will be coming to GOG according to their publisher Positech's website. On the dev's blog it is mentioned the game should release shortly after GDC, so I'm assuming that'll be March or April at the latest.
Post edited February 13, 2017 by mistermumbles
high rated
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition should be released here today:
http://www.thechineseroom.co.uk/blog/blog/dear-esther-landmark-edition-hits-pc-and-mac-tomorrow-at-6pm-gmt
That's quite surprising actually, after the little incident from last year where The Chinese Room called out CDPR for making "sexist games":
https://twitter.com/ChineseRoom/status/725958220284465153
Biok: That's quite surprising actually, after the little incident from last year where The Chinese Room called out CDPR for making "sexist games":
When I played Dear Esther a few years ago, I didn’t really enjoy it because of the gameplay. That gives me one more reason not to like it—cool!
Awesome - hope their other games will be released here as well!
"Dear Esther is a part of gaming history"

*groans* Just because one has directional controls in a virtual environment doesn't making something a game. An interactive experience then? Sure, alright, that's a thing, I guess. It's not a genre I'll ever be particularly interested in, but that's beside the point.

Walking simulators != games.

Biok: That's quite surprising actually, after the little incident from last year where The Chinese Room called out CDPR for making "sexist games"
Let's give it up for the SJWs! ;) Gotta love pretentious devs. Ugh.
Post edited February 14, 2017 by mistermumbles
IFW: Awesome - hope their other games will be released here as well!
One already is and its nowhere near as scary or as good as the original is.

mistermumbles: "Dear Esther is a part of gaming history"

*groans* Just because one has directional controls in a virtual environment doesn't making something a game. An interactive experience then? Sure, alright, that's a thing, I guess. It's not a genre I'll ever be particularly interested in, but that's beside the point.

Walking simulators != games.

Biok: That's quite surprising actually, after the little incident from last year where The Chinese Room called out CDPR for making "sexist games"
mistermumbles: Let's give it up for the SJWs! ;) Gotta love pretentious devs. Ugh.
Yeah I strangely "enjoyed" Dear Esther, but I dont like the chinese room at all, after that little comment I unfollowed them on twitter.
WinterSnowfall: I believe SCPM has already spotted this with a support link, but here's an API entry as well for Furi: http://api.gog.com/products?ids=2098128602 .
I'm torn on this game. I mean, it looks awesome and has great gameplay - on the other hand it's just too fucking hard for my taste. On the other, other hand, the soundtrack (Carpenter Brut! Waveshaper!) is simply phenomenal.
Still, I'm very excited that it's gonna be on GOG.com.
Post edited February 15, 2017 by Fesin
Lord_Kane: Yeah I strangely "enjoyed" Dear Esther, but I dont like the chinese room at all, after that little comment I unfollowed them on twitter.
I mean, yeah, if it was a truly demeaning depiction of women then I wouldn't bother saying anything. Anyone who's seen the promo trailer/material for Cyberpunk 2077 though should know that this isn't really the case. Yeah, there's a pretty woman in somewhat alluring attire in the production stage, but I don't see anything particularly sexual in the overall content in the finished product. *shrug*
Biok: That's quite surprising actually, after the little incident from last year where The Chinese Room called out CDPR for making "sexist games":
They said it's going to be just as sexist as Witcher, that means not sexist at all.
Lord_Kane: Yeah I strangely "enjoyed" Dear Esther, but I dont like the chinese room at all, after that little comment I unfollowed them on twitter.
mistermumbles: I mean, yeah, if it was a truly demeaning depiction of women then I wouldn't bother saying anything. Anyone who's seen the promo trailer/material for Cyberpunk 2077 though should know that this isn't really the case. Yeah, there's a pretty woman in somewhat alluring attire in the production stage, but I don't see anything particularly sexual in the overall content in the finished product. *shrug*
Didn't you know: (partial) nudity = demeaning depiction of women and/or sexism
Redeemer, via Gambitious, coming soon:
youtube.com/watch?v=8OjHEosCZro
Mafwek: They said it's going to be just as sexist as Witcher, that means not sexist at all.
Wait, just so I got this right: Some of the devs from TheChineseRoom were bashing CDPR and their games, for being "sexist"?

And here I was considering to buy that Dear Esther game.

If I remember correctly they also developed Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, which was... underwhelming.
Mafwek: They said it's going to be just as sexist as Witcher, that means not sexist at all.
CharlesGrey: Wait, just so I got this right: Some of the devs from TheChineseRoom were bashing CDPR and their games, for being "sexist"?

And here I was considering to buy that Dear Esther game.

If I remember correctly they also developed Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, which was... underwhelming.
That's what we can guess from the tweet, but since Witcher games aren't sexist, you can always interpret it the same way I did if you want to buy their game.

I think they also developed Everybody's Gone to the Rapture which was one of the blandest games for Yahtzee in that year, so your choice.
Mafwek: That's what we can guess from the tweet, but since Witcher games aren't sexist, you can always interpret it the same way I did if you want to buy their game.

I think they also developed Everybody's Gone to the Rapture which was one of the blandest games for Yahtzee in that year, so your choice.
Either way, I think I've lost interest in their game. And possibly their future game releases. *shrug*