It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
MarkoH01: LOL! Everybody who still thinks that DRM does prevent pirating imo is delusional.
tfishell: I think Denuvo is actually changing that for better or worse, since it apparently works well to hold DRM in place.
I am not so sure:
http://gameranx.com/updates/id/37686/article/3dm-states-they-have-cracked-denuvo-for-rise-of-the-tomb-raider/
And even if this is not true. EVERY copy protection can be cracked - it's just a matter of time. It is the same with viruses and anti virus software.
Also especially Denuvo has proved my point that DRM is annoying the paying customer since it caused many problems.
Post edited April 06, 2016 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: LOL! Everybody who still thinks that DRM does prevent pirating imo is delusional.
tfishell: I think Denuvo is actually changing that for better or worse, since it apparently works well to hold DRM in place.
Just a matter of time.
MarkoH01: I am not so sure:
http://gameranx.com/updates/id/37686/article/3dm-states-they-have-cracked-denuvo-for-rise-of-the-tomb-raider/
And even if this is not true. EVERY copy protection can be cracked - it's just a matter of time. It is the same with viruses and anti virus software.
Also especially Denuvo has proved my point that DRM is annoying the paying customer since it caused many problems.
It is indeed a matter of time; that's the problem with denuvo. It's not DRM. It's encryption over whatever DRM you want to use. And yes, it takes a lot of time to crack it. For each single game. Making it hard work.
micktiegs_8: There was an article on his 'poor sales' for The Witness where he blamed going DRM free for the huge amount of piracy on the game. I would imagine that people pirated it for the ridiculous price, if anything.

In any case, I agree with your quote.

edit:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-witness-loved-by-pirates/
http://www.pcgamesn.com/the-witness/the-witness-sales-dealt-a-heavy-blow-by-piracy
The Witness didn't have poor sales. He made more money with The Witness in the first month that with Braid in all its lifetime. At least that's what they told. Mind you, it's a $40 game, so you don't need as many sales to make more money. And I think it's also in PS4.

And the answers in twitter about drm and denuvo where a direct answer to a twitter about if he would be willing to use denuvo. Nothing to do with poor sales.
Post edited April 07, 2016 by rgnrk
high rated
A new Russian language interview with GOG seems to point towards upcoming GOG releases for Paradox's Tyranny as well as Telltale's Batman, if the machine translation is accurate:
"Classic is great, but many people would like and something fresh. Oleg Klapovsky, admitted that for this part of the GOG has had some difficulties. Progress, of course, is: over the past year in a third directory Witcher, Divinity: Original Sin, Superhot and other games. In the nearest plans — Master of Orion from the Company, space simulation No man's Sky, the Tyranny of Paradox game and Batman series from Telltale."
"Классика — это замечательно, но многим хотелось бы и чего-нибудь свежего. Олег Клаповский признал, что по этой части у GOG есть определенные трудности. Подвижки, конечно, есть: за прошедший год в каталоге появился третий «Ведьмак», Divinity: Original Sin, Superhot и другие игры. В ближайших планах — Master of Orion от Wargaming, космический симулятор No Man’s Sky, игра Tyranny от Paradox и сериал о Бэтмене от Telltale."
http://www.playground.ru/articles/pervyj_god_raboty_gog_v_rossii_chem_mozhet_pohvastatsya_servis_bez_drm-51193/

Additionally, Kim, "an open world RPG set in Rudyard Kipling's colonial India" comes to GOG as an In-Dev title April 11th:
https://twitter.com/SecretGamesCo/status/717799154420985858
Post edited April 07, 2016 by SCPM
whaaa, waste of breath.
Post edited April 07, 2016 by micktiegs_8
Tyranny is great news (if correct :) ) !
micktiegs_8: There was an article on his 'poor sales' for The Witness where he blamed going DRM free for the huge amount of piracy on the game. I would imagine that people pirated it for the ridiculous price, if anything.

On the bright side, at least he can't blame a ( non-existant ) GOG release for the high piracy rate, which is what the Banner Saga devs are apparently doing.

CharlesGrey: On the bright side, at least he can't blame a ( non-existant ) GOG release for the high piracy rate, which is what the Banner Saga devs are apparently doing.
Why this stupid obsession with piracy in these recent times (specially after so many studies have shown it's almost irrelevant to a game's publishing success).

Have the indy devs become greedy like the big publishers, or has Valve been filling their pockets with cash?

EDIT: or is it the old bad excuse of saying "our game isn't mediocre - it just didn't sell well because of pirates"?
Post edited April 07, 2016 by karnak1
MacArthur: Tyranny is great news (if correct :) ) !
And STELLARIS. Lots of that.
CharlesGrey: On the bright side, at least he can't blame a ( non-existant ) GOG release for the high piracy rate, which is what the Banner Saga devs are apparently doing.
karnak1: Why this stupid obsession with piracy in these recent times (specially after so many studies have shown it's almost irrelevant to a game's publishing success).

Have the indy devs become greedy like the big publishers, or has Valve been filling their pockets with cash?

EDIT: or is it the old bad excuse of saying "our game isn't mediocre - it just didn't sell well because of pirates"?
A little of both, I suppose. It's a convenient excuse to fall back on, when a game isn't commercially successful. And even when a game sells well, I guess some devs/publishers look at those piracy statistics ( wherever they're getting that data from ) and start drooling, thinking about all that potential for extra income, not realizing or ignoring the fact that a pirated copy doesn't necessarily translate to a potential ( lost ) sale. Most pirates do it either because they can't afford ( all of ) the games they'd like to play, or they had no interest in purchasing the game either way, and only play it because they can get it for "free". And then there's those who use pirated copies to test new games, and may or may not end up buying the game later on ( but in either case, I guess they'd still end up boosting those "piracy statistics" ). Can't blame people for that, either, since demos are rare these days, at least for AAA games.
karnak1: Why this stupid obsession with piracy in these recent times (specially after so many studies have shown it's almost irrelevant to a game's publishing success).

CharlesGrey: A little of both, I suppose. It's a convenient excuse to fall back on, when a game isn't commercially successful. And even when a game sells well, I guess some devs/publishers look at those piracy statistics ( wherever they're getting that data from ) and start drooling, thinking about all that potential for extra income, not realizing or ignoring the fact that a pirated copy doesn't necessarily translate to a potential ( lost ) sale. Most pirates do it either because they can't afford ( all of ) the games they'd like to play, or they had no interest in purchasing the game either way, and only play it because they can get it for "free". And then there's those who use pirated copies to test new games, and may or may not end up buying the game later on ( but in either case, I guess they'd still end up boosting those "piracy statistics" ). Can't blame people for that, either, since demos are rare these days, at least for AAA games.
In the particular case of The Witness, it was already discussed at length.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/piracy_might_make_jonathan_blow_use_drm_in_his_next_game
New companies: Reacter and Fancy Games.

Mobygames finds the following games for them:
Puerto Rico
Ultimate Pinball Challenge
The-Business: New companies: Reacter and Fancy Games.

Puerto Rico
The board game? Didn't know they had it on pc. Awesome!
"Castle" Medieval Madness
"Break the Speed" High Speed
"Racing" Indianapolis 500
The-Business: New companies: Reacter and Fancy Games.

Puerto Rico
Ultimate Pinball Challenge
It was Industry Giant 2, after all.