It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Oh dear. I've done a good job at significantly reducing my backlog this year, but in the process, I've quit quite a few of the games

Cthulhu Saves the World: Just too Slow

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City: I was looking forward to this one, especially since I loved GTA 4 and San Andreas so much. Maybe it's because it's an early incantation, but I just didn't feel like I was playing Grand Theft Auto. There aren't as many people walking around in Vice City, making Vice City/1980's Miami feel dead. Also, and some people may find this stupid, but when I hit some one with my car, there isn't that satisfying "THUMP!"...there wasn't a noise at all. I'll probably return to play this game in the future, out of love for the series.

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North: I've previously posted this, but this is my (hopefully) final post for this thread of games quit in 2014. Just didn't feel like a LOTR adventure, probably because I'm not really involved in the war of the ring. May return to play this if I can find someone good to play with

If you want to count them, Total War: Medievel 2 and Shogun 2. Both excellent games, but I just put them down because the campaign is seemingly endless, and I started playing other stuff. Will definitely return to finish, and then France and the Holy Roman Empire shall feel England's wrath!

Risen 1: Just got bored. Quit after like 40 minutes. Will probably not return.

Risen 2: Same reason as Risen 1. Quit after a half hour. May return because, well, pirates are cool.

Sniper Elite V2: THIS GAME GAME CAN KISS MY A**! Never before have I actually been trolled by a video game! Here's what happened: I was in the middle of a battle with like half the German army (it's not a stealth game, as it bills itself) and they bring in a tank. During the brief cutscene of the tank driving, the camera zooms in on the gas tank. So where would you think to shoot to destroy the tank? If you answered the gas tank, then YOU'RE WRONG! I shot at and hit the gas tank at least on 15 different attempts, only to die time after time. I even made an attempt to Leeroy Jenkins it, which went about as well as you'd think when an infantry man charges a tank...sigh...You know, normally, when I don't like a game, I'll just shrug, say to myself "maybe some other time", and calmly hit uninstall, but after all these attempts, I did something I've never done before: I rage quit. I let out a "GOD F***ING D*** IT!" and threw my controller at the couch. My roommate came out to see what was wrong, and listened to me rant for the next ten minutes. I originally started playing this because I thought the new 3rd game set in North Africa looked cool, but the bombed out city in this one is so dull...and boooorrrring...and ovvveeeerrrrrdone. I got this for free on steam, so things could be worse: I could have paid to be trolled. Will not return to this one.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1: Great game that I've beaten in the past. I just put it down to work on completing other stuff. I can't recommend this one enough. Will definitely return to finish this one in the future.

Syberia: I played this for about 7 hours before I got bored. This was nice actually, not have bullet flying everywhere, or swinging a sword at everything. May return to this.
Max Payne 3
- BORING. 1 & 2 are great, this one: *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhh*;

Resident Evil 5
- DULL AND BORING. Got bored on the third chapter, said to myself "ah screw this game, I'll just run around wasting the bullets and let the zombies kill me". Was able to complete the chapter.

Skyrim
- MASTER OF BOREDOM. Great world, great setting. And that's it.
Post edited December 04, 2014 by neurasthenya
nmorello11: Sniper Elite V2: THIS GAME GAME CAN KISS MY A**! Never before have I actually been trolled by a video game! Here's what happened: I was in the middle of a battle with like half the German army (it's not a stealth game, as it bills itself) and they bring in a tank. During the brief cutscene of the tank driving, the camera zooms in on the gas tank. So where would you think to shoot to destroy the tank? If you answered the gas tank, then YOU'RE WRONG! I shot at and hit the gas tank at least on 15 different attempts, only to die time after time. I even made an attempt to Leeroy Jenkins it, which went about as well as you'd think when an infantry man charges a tank...sigh...You know, normally, when I don't like a game, I'll just shrug, say to myself "maybe some other time", and calmly hit uninstall, but after all these attempts, I did something I've never done before: I rage quit. I let out a "GOD F***ING D*** IT!" and threw my controller at the couch. My roommate came out to see what was wrong, and listened to me rant for the next ten minutes. I originally started playing this because I thought the new 3rd game set in North Africa looked cool, but the bombed out city in this one is so dull...and boooorrrring...and ovvveeeerrrrrdone. I got this for free on steam, so things could be worse: I could have paid to be trolled. Will not return to this one.
Yo, you'z gotta shoot the cap, dawg.
neurasthenya: Max Payne 3
- BORING. 1 & 2 are great, this one: *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhh*;
You go to hell. YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE
Post edited December 04, 2014 by realkman666
realkman666: You go to hell. YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE
xD
Also, I feel like I should give a shoutout to Darksiders 2 and Sacred 2. Two games that I installed on my computer...and then never played. Technically I didn't quit them since I never started them.
Batman Arkham Origins

The only locally-made Batman, with nice graphics, interesting villains, gadgets and stuff. It starts out pretty rough with some glitches, a bit of stuttering and an early boss fight that's a super pain in the ass because you get launched into these little QTE sections, so you have to stop playing normally for a bit or you lose.

But I was getting into it, really enjoying the story, the setting, the mechanics, the cinematics (low resolution and all), and today I want to continue and my save game has disappeared, after 10 hours. You would think that after a year, the main bugs would have been squashed.
OddVille: I am not gonna bash Oddville because it was a game a guy kickstarted just to afford his legitimate copy of Visual Studio. It looked interesting enough to back for $1 and I don't really regret helping out the dev. However, the game has many design problems and it doesn't really worth spending the time to beat the game. Interesting idea, bad implementation.

Games quit in recent years: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Crash Bandicoot, Killzone, Borderlands, Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, Guild Wars 2, OddVille
Just quit FF13-3 Lightning Returns... Just get to a point and say 'Fuck this shit'...
Last entry for 2014: Battlefield 4 - played the 7 days free version, seems the campaign was included. I played maybe 2 hours out of those 7 days and then said goodbye to it.
I'm considering to quit Half-Life 2, Episode 2 ... And it was so much fun before it turned into FP tower defense overkill with stop and go driving. Tedious and frustrating. :(
Leroux: I'm considering to quit Half-Life 2, Episode 2 ... And it was so much fun before it turned into FP tower defense overkill with stop and go driving. Tedious and frustrating. :(
*looks at the year in the thread title*

*raises eyebrow*
Leroux: I'm considering to quit Half-Life 2, Episode 2 ... And it was so much fun before it turned into FP tower defense overkill with stop and go driving. Tedious and frustrating. :(
madth3: *looks at the year in the thread title*

*raises eyebrow*
Whoops. Is that a sign that I should not give up? And cheat my way through it instead? :P
(On the other hand maybe its' just a sign for blind rage. :P)
Post edited July 22, 2015 by Leroux