It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I quit everything! This was the year I decided to take control of my backlog and just take things one game at a time instead of juggling ten or more at once until I forget what happens. Which means I pretty much just reset every game and started from scratch. It worked. I don't think I've ever beaten this many games in a year before.
Saints Row 2. It gets touted by its fans as the best Saints Row game but I've found it to be a dud for the most part. The character interactions and story in general is cool, Stillwater is a large diverse town, the gameplay itself (IE: combat) is fine and it has a nice soundtrack. That's about where the positives end for me.

So why do I think it's a dud? Well for starters, it seems like there are only about five missions in the entire game (and that's being generous with the count) and you'll be replaying them over and over and over with only the story, actors and the scenery changing.

Then there are the mandatory side missions (specifically the Strongholds) that aren't fun and are more like a chore that you have to do in order to be allowed to play the "fun" (main story) missions. Well actually, ALL of the activities and side missions are mandatory because not only do you have to do the Stronghold side missions to unlock new main story missions, you have to keep filling your respect bar (usually via activities) in order to be eligible to play the main story missions to begin with.

If I could rename Saints Row 2 I would name it Saints Row 2: Now With More Blatant Padding.
Heretic Kingdoms Inquisition:
To be fair, the people who liked it said it was all about the story, but I couldn't stand it long enough to know what the story was.
Dark Athena, the AI is absolutely broken. The worst I have ever seen in a AAA game.
Broken sword, I just didn't care for it for some reason.
Deus Ex, After system shock 2 I didn't see the point really.
ScotchMonkey: Dark Athena, the AI is absolutely broken. The worst I have ever seen in a AAA game.
DE and SS2?, what a shame, they are really good
I quitted Lego Marvel Super Heroes. I did all the open world stuff and played through the story but this is the first Lego game I didn't go for 100%. Shame because I love Marvel but the story mission were extremely boring and uninspired... On to the hobbit, let's hope the levels are a bit more fun this time.
NoNewTaleToTell: Well for starters, it seems like there are only about five missions in the entire game (and that's being generous with the count) and you'll be replaying them over and over and over with only the story, actors and the scenery changing.
Sounds very much like Saints Row The Third and Saints Row IV, too. ;)
NoNewTaleToTell: Well for starters, it seems like there are only about five missions in the entire game (and that's being generous with the count) and you'll be replaying them over and over and over with only the story, actors and the scenery changing.
Leroux: Sounds very much like Saints Row The Third and Saints Row IV, too. ;)
Yep haha, but for whatever reason, to me, it just feels much worse in Saints Row 2.
ScotchMonkey: Dark Athena, the AI is absolutely broken. The worst I have ever seen in a AAA game.
GioVio123: DE and SS2?, what a shame, they are really good
I mean after Beating SS2 I did not feel like playing Deus Ex as they felt sorta similar. Outstanding games tho.
GioVio123: DE and SS2?, what a shame, they are really good
ScotchMonkey: I mean after Beating SS2 I did not feel like playing Deus Ex as they felt sorta similar. Outstanding games tho.
Oh, in that case, at least you played SS2, good for you finishing it
ScotchMonkey: Broken sword, I just didn't care for it for some reason.
Same here, I abandoned it earlier this year - was bored and couldn't stand George.

And I'm THIS close to abandoning Rayman 2 on the last level - pathetic, I know, and I really liked the game, but I just can't get past the bleeping bit with the flying shell. Ugh. ._.
Hotline Miami - just didn't enjoy it at all.
ScotchMonkey: I mean after Beating SS2 I did not feel like playing Deus Ex as they felt sorta similar. Outstanding games tho.
GioVio123: Oh, in that case, at least you played SS2, good for you finishing it
It was a great experience for sure. Played the first in the "good ole days". That was hard to get into simply because the UI was so clunky. I'll do deus ex in the future, it was surely ahead of its time.
Post edited November 24, 2014 by ScotchMonkey
GioVio123: Oh, in that case, at least you played SS2, good for you finishing it
ScotchMonkey: It was a great experience for sure. Played the first in the "good ole days". That was hard to get into simply because the UI was so clunky. I'll do deus ex in the future, it was surely ahead of its time.
Kinda like Deus Ex Human Revolution eh? eh...
Shadow Warrior
Great at first, shitty performance. Between 20 and 110 fps, worst when indoors in small rooms with no enemies. Explain that.
Special moves require joystick inputs on the controller, work about 20% of the time, so you get swarmed. Stops loading when Alt+Tab, waves of enemies become repetitive, scripting broke making me restart a level twice.
Played half of it, had enough.

The Ballad of Gay Tony
Managed to fix most of the performance issue by enabling the Steam overlay. From 18 fps super choppy to about 40 fps. Explain that. Just got tired of the nonsense missions for no reasons, just because explosions. Too random and dumb for me, very little characterization. A big step down from GTA IV for me. Played about half.

Lovely Planet
Has to be played with a mouse and it's not comfy for me, so the quick turn-around shoot two enemies while in mid-air just broke my will. Good design and music, though.