It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

realkman666: Just keep going, it's awesome. I was frustrated a few times, but it's worth it.
I hope so; I hear that a lot about games that I don't actually enjoy playing, and I wonder whether I would feel the same way in the end or whether it's just a case of "tastes differ". ;)

realkman666: Maybe you should mix these games with quicker levels like Doorkickers and Escape Goat 2.
The problem is, I already mix more than I want to, because I just can't find that game that keeps me going from start to finish at the moment. It's nothing unusual for me either to play several games at the same time and leave the majority of them unfinished, but once in a while I get lucky and find something that I enjoy enough to play through it in a short time. I suspect these titles might not be it.
Post edited October 30, 2014 by Leroux
realkman666: Just keep going, it's awesome. I was frustrated a few times, but it's worth it.
Leroux: I hope so; I hear that a lot about games that I don't actually enjoy playing, and I wonder whether I would feel the same way in the end or whether it's just a case of "tastes differ". ;)

realkman666: Maybe you should mix these games with quicker levels like Doorkickers and Escape Goat 2.
Leroux: The problem is, I already mix more than I want to, because I just can't find that game that keeps me going from start to finish at the moment. It's nothing unusual for me either to play several games at the same time and leave the majority of them unfinished, but once in a while I get lucky and find something that I enjoy enough to play through it in a short time. I suspect these titles might not be it.
Same here. I give them another shot later. Remember Me is on the second shot, Tomb Raider is on the fourth. -__-
realkman666: Remember Me is on the second shot, Tomb Raider is on the fourth. -__-
Incidentally, those two are games I really liked and that I played through with persistence, even though they had their share of problems too (I disliked the few QTEs in TR and the infamous waterslide sequence almost made me abandon the game, but everything else about it was so much fun to me).
Claire.

I was almost nearly close to enjoying this, but I just had to stop. It's a lot more frustrating the frightening. I ended up wandering around for ages trying to work out what to do, which was compounded by the crappy map system. Also, it's baffling that you cannot use the arrow keys, only WASD - there's not any particularly good reason to use WASD in a primarily keyboard-focused game. I mean, it would be nice to at least have the ability to rebind the movement keys =/

It certainly didn't help that I've already played Lone Survivor which is a) a game that this seems heavily inspired by, b) better in every regard. Basically, I couldn't stop thinking how much I'd rather be playing Lone Survivor while playing Claire...
Austrobogulator: Claire.
Thanks for the warning! I was thinking about buying it, but I already got stuck on Lone Survivor.
Austrobogulator: Claire.
Leroux: Thanks for the warning! I was thinking about buying it, but I already got stuck on Lone Survivor.
I'm also the one that said you should play ZC2 :P (but seriously, the tutorial is overly harsh, but beyond that, you really don't need most of the stuff that's mentioned in the tutorial)
Leroux: Thanks for the warning! I was thinking about buying it, but I already got stuck on Lone Survivor.
Austrobogulator: I'm also the one that said you should play ZC2 :P (but seriously, the tutorial is overly harsh, but beyond that, you really don't need most of the stuff that's mentioned in the tutorial)
I haven't given up on it, the tutorial just kind of fit into my rant above. ;) But thanks for reminding me, I could play a bit of ZC2 today. I've also played more Binary Domain since then, and gave Enslaved another try, athough that one I'm still frustrated with. But generally I hesitate to post in this thread, because I don't give up on a game that easily if I like parts of it; in the worst case, I just take an infinite break while deluding myself that one day I will pick it up again. And there were cases like Mass Effect 2 when I was so displeased with a game at first and still ended up liking it after all (despite its many flaws). I should also give Lone Survivor another try, one day. ;)
Post edited November 01, 2014 by Leroux
Austrobogulator: I'm also the one that said you should play ZC2 :P (but seriously, the tutorial is overly harsh, but beyond that, you really don't need most of the stuff that's mentioned in the tutorial)
Leroux: I haven't given up on it, the tutorial just kind of fit into my rant above. ;) But thanks for reminding me, I could play a bit of ZC2 today. I've also played more Binary Domain since then, and gave Enslaved another try, athough that one I'm still frustrated with. But generally I hesitate to post in this thread, because I don't give up on a game that easily if I like parts of it; in the worst case, I just take an infinite break while deluding myself that one day I will pick it up again. And there were cases like Mass Effect 2 when I was so displeased with a game at first and still ended up liking it after all (despite its many flaws). I should also give Lone Survivor another try, one day. ;)
Ha, yep, it's rare that I really give up on a game, which I think might be a bad thing - I feel like I should probably drop games more often, but I'm also horribly stubborn :|

I swear, one day I'll be able to finish those two incredibly frustrating levels in Osmos =/
Crusader: No Regret

I had fun with No Remorse, and anticipated enjoying No Regret. I couldn't even get past the first mission. Cameras would suddenly decide they were immune to explosions, a door only opened after hitting 4 switches, one of which was in another room and almost entirely concealed behind an object in the foreground, I got trapped behind a forcefield with no way out, and finally got to Level 4. Upon getting out of the elevator, I set off the alarm, and could not proceed due to the area being in lockdown, and there was no discernible way of deactivating the alarm.

After sequence of game-breaking bugs and unwinnable scenarios, I abandoned the game. Maybe I'll try to watch a Let's Play or something, but not sure I'm in a hurry to do so.
Rise of the Triad (2013). It's a technically and mechanically sound FPS that has absolutely zero personality. It isn't interesting in any way shape or form, it's just boring, well made but boring and bland. I've tried giving it several chances over the last few months but could never bring myself to play it for more than fifteen minutes at a time. I guess the best thing I could say about it is that it's inoffensive to the senses and is fairly polished and stable.
Post edited November 02, 2014 by NoNewTaleToTell
Supereor: Anachronox. The game's so good and it's so fun one time, but then in the next few minutes you're bombarded with constant fetch quests and pointless dialogue that it brings all flow of entertainment to a serious halt.
sorry for the necromancy, but I'm just getting into 'nox now, and I've come to the conclusion (highly subjective one, sure) that it's a hard nut to crack. If you haven't been grinding jrpgs and enjoying that (Grandia might be a good example) - 'nox is also about exping, getting your characters tougher - but I'm not sure if even half of those side quests are necessary to win the game... I've only been playing about 5 hours.
But I get the feeling it's a game that you have to give a chance, put some effort into it and it will open up and become a great experience. But it's not for every rpg gamer, sure.
Post edited November 02, 2014 by superstande
Leroux: Binary Domain
I actually played through it in the meantime, so I guess this was the wrong thread to post about it. ;)
So far i've quit Aarklash legacy only.I wasn't expecting any intense story or something,i knew the only good thing in this game was the combat system,but what i couldn't stand anymore was those damn puzzles.Seriously! this game has like 3 puzzles that keep repeating over and over!.I wanted to finish the game and near the end you just wanna fight some more battles and beat it,but the 10th time i encountered the same puzzle(the uninteresting story didn't make it any less dull) i just couldn't take it anymore :(
Legendary. It's not a "bad" game, it has decent production values and has some fun moments and draws from decent lore. However its "puzzles" are annoying, it features a checkpoint only save system (which is always a negative for me) and has some bugs (loading a save gives a fifty/fifty chance the the textures will load). I suppose it ultimately falls under the category of "fun, but not fun enough to keep playing".

Dementium II HD. A horror FPS game featuring fairly empty levels, a checkpoint only save system, bugs and weapons that have no weight are among the reasons that I quit this game just after the first boss encounter (less than an hour into the game). I suppose the art design is okay-ish (nothing special or memorable) and the atmosphere was decent (but again nothing special nor memorable). One of the few games that left me thinking "I could've spent that dollar on a cheeseburger and it would've been better spent".
Ice Cream Surfer
I didn't quit it, because I don't like it. It's a fun little shooter (just six levels with a boss battle at the end of each) and you can probably beat it in about an hour if you use the Continue-function constantly. But unfortunately the game will crash everytime you press the fire button a split second after you lost your last life (and as you press fire all the time, it will happen sooner or later). Game isn't too hard, but sometimes it's hard to tell dangerous stuff from bonus stuff or projectiles from the colourful background and so I wasn't able to complete all six levels in one go and always get the crash sooner or later when I use "Continue".

Saw everything except the last boss, so I will quit for now and maybe come back when there is a patch or a new version in the future.