It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I quitted Alan Wake yesterday. I wanted to play this game for a very long time and how disappointing the game was for me ! I like the background, the city, the atmosphere, but the fights are... Ho man, how play through the game when you really don't want to fight those angry peoples because the fights are so boring ?!
I'll maybe play it later to know the story, but in easy mode because fights aren't so challenging, just boring.
Heroes of Might and Magic

yes the old one, I have it on GOG and also that lovely big white collectors edition box that has them all in, i decided to try to get it working without the gog dosbox. succeeded but still i suck at it so i gave up. attacked 40 ghosts... by the time i finally lost the fight there were 800 (stupid peasants)
madth3: Triple Town

The game feels very polished but the gameplay started to feel like grinding very soon. I must have played it by about two hours and it's the first game from GOG that I regret to buy.
awww don't give up on TT, it's not a game to be 'finished', really. It's a real handy game to have on hand when you're in-between games or simply feeling non-committal. Give it a chance, it's time to shine will come :]
Post edited August 02, 2014 by evilnancyreagan
Orion66: The Bard's Tale(original). I played the first one when it first came out but never finished it. I don't even remember how far I had gotten. So, I bought the remake to get the original 3.
Now I think I know why I never finished it. You can't go 3 steps without a random encounter in the streets, any of which can decimate your party.
I know EXACTLY where I quit it back in the day... in K(whatever)'s tower there was a floor that turned you around and magic dispelled you every step. It was so ridiculously frustrating I rage quit it at least 5x before I finally decided I'm never trying again
Delaware St. John: Curse of Midnight Manor

I backed the Kickstarter on a whim, never having played the series before, and got the games as party of my reward. I've only tried this one; it wasn't great, and then I ran into a bug that stopped me from loading my save, and as I said, it wasn't great, so I sure wasn't gonna start over.
Resonance

Between the twist and the interface I have no desire to finish this title. Didn't pay much on it here though, so I can't complain too much.
Hitman Absolution The game is not bad and looks really good but what eventually made me quit was the God-forsaken save system in that game. It does have a kind of checkpoint but you'll have to find them and they don't actually save anything other than your position on the map but everything else respawns so you basically have to play the entire level in one swoop. Maybe I just suck but I got 60% through the game and simply gave up because I was restarting so many times on each level. I don't mind a game that punish me for playing badly but when I constantly have to repeat 20-40 minutes then that's when I call it quits.
jepsen1977: Hitman Absolution The game is not bad and looks really good but what eventually made me quit was the God-forsaken save system in that game. It does have a kind of checkpoint but you'll have to find them and they don't actually save anything other than your position on the map but everything else respawns so you basically have to play the entire level in one swoop. Maybe I just suck but I got 60% through the game and simply gave up because I was restarting so many times on each level. I don't mind a game that punish me for playing badly but when I constantly have to repeat 20-40 minutes then that's when I call it quits.
That is sort of one of the reasons why I quit Betrayer. You have limited health and and if you have to restart then all of the enemies in the areas you didn't clear will respawn. You can use up all of your supplies trying to clear one area.
Medal of Honor: Vanguard: I was just about to write I'd finished my first ever console game, having only recent bought a Playstation 2 out of curiosity for console gaming. But I didn't manage to finish it. Due to a bug, from the 'Requiem' mission in the Operation Neptune campaign onward, the game doesn't reload from the last checkpoint when reloaded, but from the beginning of the mission. So you have to finish the whole mission in one setting. Mostly, the missions are quite short and can be finished in one-and-half to two hours. So I started the last one tonight at ten with the idea I could finish it before going to sleep. But it was a hard one, with a german assault at the end of the sniper level forcing me to do the sneaking over again for three times.

It became three o'clock at night when I was forced back to the last checkpoint at the final battle, a defense of a factory against a german counterattack, being blown to pieces by tanks. You can get them with a bazooka, but the tanks fire at you the moment you aim at them and though you can survive one explosion on easy, the tanks reload unnaturally fast. And by the third reload, my hands started shaking from tiredness and my eyes water from sleepiness. And I don't feel like doing the whole mission again in a single five-hour or so sitting including reloads just for some stupid bug, so I quit the damn thing.
Post edited August 07, 2014 by DubConqueror
Though I'm very sad about it, it looks like I'm going to have to quit Heroes of Might and Magic IV. It's one of my favorite strategy games from the past - it's not as good as HoMM III, but I would say it's better than HoMM II. I always used to play just the single scenarios though; this time I tried the campaigns.

I got through the original campaigns, plus the Gathering Storm expansion campaigns just fine, but the Winds of War expansion looks to be a fuckton'a more than I can possibly handle. I hit the wall already in the 2nd mission of the first campaign, it's just not fair at all and I don't know how I could possibly beat it. The enemy starts - STARTS with hundreds of imps, skeletons and ghosts and nearly a hundred vampires and at least two very high-level heroes. While I start with a hero that's still almost in his diapers, and a handful of orcs and bandits. Plus the map is full of roaming nomads that will easily slice my hero in half if he goes wandering alone. Just one question I have to ask: How the fuck am I supposed to beat the enemy since they start with so, so many goddamn troops? To put it in perspective, once I faced them, their vampire group one-shotted around 50 of my minotaurs, and the rest of their troops had more than halved my troops before I even got to move once. How is any of it fair? I applaud anyone who can finish that map - and if the rest of the campaigns are just as hard (or even more), then I'm not quitting at all too early. It would take a fucking strategy game master and probably a couple of cheat codes too to not get squashed here.
Divinity original sin

There is nothing bad about this game, however it just doesn't click for me. I have a lack of interest when it comes to fantasy based games. Which is surprising because I do enjoy reading fantasy novels.

I suppose I feel overwhelmed by the vast scope of the game, and the large amount of text that just doesn't seem all that interesting to read.
DProject: snip
Actually scratch that, I took a look at a walkthrough and tried again: this time I was successful. It was still unbelievably hard, but at least I was a little bit more prepared: it still took some guerilla tactics to capture the enemy towns when the enemy armies were far away and killing their heroes while ignoring the creatures so that they couldn't get the towns back (plus getting caught in a prison myself too), though. I'm equally tremendously happy because I beat the map, and tremendously scared what I will have to face next.
Oh, interesting thead since i've been trying some of the garbage that appears on bundles:

Rogue's Tale - I do enjoy some roguelike games but even when i know they are usually hard i don't expect to die on the tutorial... Yeah, not for me.

I am vegend - Uffff, what an awfull game, mobile port trying to be funny with the plants vs zombies concept.

Jagged Alliance Gold - Probably good for those who played back then when it came out but nowadays is really outdated.

Reignmaker - I liked the idea of puzzle combat/defense mistured with the management of the city but dear lord, the resources management is awfull, it's the same garbage that we get in the mobile games, you have to wait "x" time to collect resources. NOPE.

Heroes of Annihalated Empires - I was enjoying it at first but the game gets waaaaaaayyyy hard later on, i mean, it becomes tedious to defend your base, collecting resources and losing your troops in the process, and YES, I KNOW it's the normal "procedure" on rts since i do play them but this game takes it to another level when the enemy (cpu) cheats and sends waves after waves of enemies.

King's Bounty The Legend - Trust me, i LOVED this game and i really wanted to play it but i seriously don't have the pacience for the difficulty that this game has, it's easy to lose troops and the game doesn't allow you to grind so eventually i will be f*cked when i run out of money to buy troops. Oh well...
Post edited August 15, 2014 by Cyraxpt
Cyraxpt: King's Bounty The Legend - Trust me, i LOVED this game and i really wanted to play it but i seriously don't have the pacience for the difficulty that this game has, it's easy to lose troops and the game doesn't allow you to grind so eventually i will be f*cked when i run out of money to buy troops. Oh well...
I've been playing this for the last year, and I'm maybe 70% through. I would say that once you get past the initial part, it gets a little easier and more manageable. I think I had the same concerns you had when starting out.

It is fun, but it is a grind., with lots of refills/replenishments after almost each battle.
thuey: I've been playing this for the last year, and I'm maybe 70% through. I would say that once you get past the initial part, it gets a little easier and more manageable. I think I had the same concerns you had when starting out.

It is fun, but it is a grind., with lots of refills/replenishments after almost each battle.
Uhm, not doubting you but i was on that pirate islands place (can't really recall the name of it) and it was already hard for me, i was losing too many troops and i didn't have the patience to go back and replenish. The game is great and the initial part (where it was kind of challenging but fair) was a time well spent but the older i get less patience i have, i rather play something like that (tactical turn based rpg) but without the hassle of travelling back to get troops, i'm waiting for a sale on Banner Saga and Xenonauts...

In the other hand, it's sad that i have Kings Bounty The Legend + Armored Princess + Crossworlds + Warriors of the North and Might & Magic V and VI to play...