It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

htown1980: Pirates! Gold

Super laggy, can't work out how to save. Basically unplayable.

Disappointing.
A month late, but I just noticed the thread.. from another forum:

"When you are inside a town press the spacebar and go over to the dresser for the save game option."

Disappointing.
Try playing on an older machine, that often fixes laggy behaviour in older games for me. Outside of getting an older machine, there's often not much of a fix for these types of games. Sucks, I know.

Disappointing.
hunvagy: A month late, but I just noticed the thread.. from another forum:

"When you are inside a town press the spacebar and go over to the dresser for the save game option."
That's it! Thank you very much. Probably too late for me, I am mentally past this game now :)
KOC: driftmoon, rogue legacy, metro 2044 and a bunch of others.... but that's because I lost my save files due to hard drive failure and I don't want to start all over :(
:(
Attachments:
Leroux: Q.U.B.E.
This might help you save location.
Dust An Elysian Tale.

It just didn't jive with me; the characters, gameplay, and voice acting had a disconnect with what I was hoping to get from the game. I suggest watching gameplay videos before buying.
Leroux: Q.U.B.E.
Nirth: This might help you save location.
Yeah, but now it's too late, since it has been erased already, for some weird reason. It seems the game is actually known for doing that occasionally under unknown circumstances. Even the author is aware of it. :/

I read that you can just set the starting level in the config file, which would be a good solution for me, if it would work, but for some reason it doesn't.
grimgroove: Darkfall: The Journal

Too scary, and I don't like being scared. I thought I could take it and somehow even enjoy it, but I didn't.
Sadly this means that many of the other games I bought will probably never be played (Amnesia, Penumbra, other Darkfall games) because I gathered the Darkfall is pretty soft compared to the others.
Maybe when I get older? But I doubt it :-D
I am a total scaredy cat when it comes to scary games.
You might like better, " DarkFall; Lights Out, the Directors Cut" instead, by the same producer.
I didn't find it as scary as Darkfall the Journal.
Plus the locations are more open in atmosphere (centred around the Fetch island
lighthouse ...)

BUT the BEST and (IMHO) is Lost Crown. It is not really scary only in a good way...and there is no violence(where I really draw the line)
... It is like a very engrossing ghost story....
Post edited May 14, 2014 by heleanthia
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I used to really enjoy this game, but I started it a few days ago and it just wasn't doing anything for me. It was just... boring. So yeah, I'll probably never play it again.
My 3rd appearance in this thread.

Timeshift - right at the end facing some giant, weird, walking robot with laser cannon that blasts away all the cover. 15 reloads later it was wiped.

Dark Sector - exactly the same as above....right at the end facing some mutated freak-show who just happens to have the ability to kill me every fucking time

When I reach that tipping point I always impulsively uninstall the game without delay. It feels like I'm telling the game off and denying it a chance to load again as a punishment.
Race The Sun
I only paid 1$ for the game, thanks to recent Humble Bundle. Might be harsh, but don't think the game is worth much more. Even after sinking few hours to it. The game is no different to 100x similar Flash games. Well of course this might have been such game originally and there is actually quite lot of content with the Steam workshop and all. And(!) the game sounds and looks really good. Still way too simple and random to keep me interested.
I reached what is apparently the last part of the final level of Master Reboot and I'm now admitting defeat.

Master Reboot has a lot going for it, it has a surprisingly strong narrative, visually it's really unique and the atmosphere is strong. In the levels that focus mostly on the atmosphere you can see the game's true potential, however the very next level could have you hovering your mouse over the uninstall button.

Which brings me to the flaws of the game. Too much of the game is based around trial and error, many of the puzzles are of the memory/music type, the jump scares become predictable, the platforming mechanics aren't exactly good (and you'll be doing a lot of platforming at times) and the checkpoints are fairly sporadic.

In my opinion it's a game where the visuals and the atmosphere are good enough to make you look past the generally weak gameplay, for a while anyway. I mostly enjoyed Master Reboot, but not enough to force myself through the last level.
Post edited May 23, 2014 by NoNewTaleToTell
Seems that I am regular in this thread ;)

Next up on the list:
Trials Frontier
This is the recent mobile Trials game that has (rightly so) received some negative critisim because of the free to play model. I usually flat out ignore these types of games and can not understand that the people who play these. Or even worse, people who play and defend them. "You can totally play this game without paying any money..".

Since I am a big Trials fan I wanted to give this game a chance and see how bad it really is. I mean gameplay-wise this game is brilliant, especially when the levels start to get tricky. Controls are simple, gas/brake and lean forward/back. And it works really well for a mobile platform game, "especially" in short bursts as Trials games often need to be done. For the first, the game's build in upgrade is store is handled by IAP's. It starts lightly as they always do. Upgrade your bike for ingame currency and upgrade it more for real money. And of course there is a timer. After few hours of playing the wait time goes up to 30min and would get even longer I guess. Meaning you have to wait 30min to play the game, but if you pay some money you can continue. Yes this is how these games work, but how effin stupid is that? Pay to play the game! OK, fair enough, I put the tablet down and come back later. I got no problems paying for a game and have even even used some real money on free to play game before, but these have been games that actually deserve it. IE. small cosmetic tweaks for games that don't want to rob you. So having said that, it is actually not this IAP that actually pushed me over. It is possible that it had been the case when/if the game had turned so difficult that you needed to put in money or serious amount of grinding. The worst part was the first full-screen, un-skippable 30 sec advert I had have enough. My time is valuable and no way I will look ads voluntary. Shame, as I said the game mechanically is solid. Even if there is a forced/cheesy story and all. There is actually awesome brutal Trials game underneath there somewhere. Game is ruined by the IAP cancer that sadly affects way too many mobile games nowadays.
I gave Braid another try and I'm starting to wonder whether it's worth to keep on trying, because while the art, music, storytelling and concept are nice enough, I realize I just don't really have a lot of fun with the game. It starts off very easy, giving you basic instructions, and then immediately it stops telling you anything and confuses you by presenting jigsaw tiles that seem unreachable at first glance, even in the first supposedly easy levels. Unless I'm incredibly thick, there appear to be huge difficulty spikes even within the same levels. Now, I suppose that's meant to fit the theme of the game, that you don't solve puzzles in linear order but travel forth and back at will, and the game allows you to skip one hard puzzle after the next, but to me doing so leaves a bitter aftertaste and adds to a growing frustration with the game. And I just don't feel that motivated to rack my brain over those puzzles when I don't have a single lead. Especially after realizing that those I did solve often included very precise timing that was only achievable by a lot of trial and error, going back and forth, back and forth, which ultimately made the game's gimmick more annoying than enjoyable to me.

I want to like it too, but maybe it's just not for me? :/
Post edited May 26, 2014 by Leroux
Not necessarily quitting it, but taking a break from Super Hexagon. Got through 60 seconds in all but one level (Hexagonest Hyper Mode). I thought non-hyper mode Hexagonest was hard enough (with its nasty 360 turn every 10-14 seconds), but one pattern in this mode just kills it for me (this one, but not my screenshot).

Hm...I guess I'll give Paper Sorcerer a try.