It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I don't usually quit games all together..just put them aside for later.
I think I'm giving up at the end of Valdis Story. I actually really liked the game overall, but the end has you fight a boss that is a bit tedious, then run against the clock through some frustrating terrain, then fight what I presume is the end boss. And while you can die and repeat each section without going back, there isn't a save which means you have to do all three in one sitting. After fighting the final boss for about 15-20 min and not really getting anywhere I gave up, and now don't feel like running the gauntlet again to take another stab at it.

I'm still going to recommend the game though.
RayRay13000: I'm getting to the point of quitting Dead Island. Maybe I can't get into open world stuff as much as I did years ago, but I haven't seen anything that wowed me. I kind of like the weapon customization stuff, and combat is sort of fun, but everything else isn't really doing it for me. Oh yeah, there's a bunch of blood and stuff...ok? After playing No More Heroes and other violent things, I'm pretty much desensitized of blood, gore, and all that other stuff.

Right now I'm playing Cry of Fear. A few hours in I'm not sure if this is better or worse than Dead Island.
From my experience Dead Island actually gets worse as things go (cool setting swapped for genericness) so if you don't like it now I would say quit
I quit "The Shivah" I could not believe how short the game was and could not care less about the ending.
A very interesting thread...

But I think I won't contribute. I just don't quit games and so it happened that my today's achievement confirms it - a few hours ago I've completed Total Annihilation: Kingdoms along with its expansion. I started playing it in March. 2012. So it took me almost two years to beat it. And I didn't restart at any time, after taking a break (~half a year was the longest one) I was coming back to the point where I left it.

So I don't quit games. I just postpone finishing them ;)
+rep to the OP for this thread.

As far as quitting games goes, I tend to stick with them until I finish them, I guess it's something I "learnt" from back in the day when I had a single game to play for months on end, and I might as well finish it. Back then there was no internet with its high-brow reviews and bandwagon effect, so I didn't care much about stuff like "replay value" and the like. I had lots of games that had to last me months upon months, so I just replayed them. Now, this isn't to say "that's the way to go", it's just to give some background and somewhat explain why I stick to one game until I finish it.

With that being said, there's a game I've been "quitting" ever since someone gifted it to me here. I'm talking about Divine Divinity. People sold me that game as being amazing and filled with wondrous things, stellar humour, great voice acting, hours of interesting, fluid gameplay, and then someone thought they should gift me the game. As it turns out, they shouldn't. I find it boring, everything feels like a chore, two hours in (that's the most I could endure) I'm still in the outset village, clearing fog of war and grinding levels so I can fight against lesser enemies without dying and basically having no fun whatsoever with this game I find mediocre at best.

Now, this may be cheating, because I got the game back in 2013 and I've been trying it out every once in a while, just to quit it and uninstalling it after a few hours. But I did try it a few days ago, yet again, and, also again, I did quit it.
Tales of Monkey Island

I've made it through the first 3 chapters, but this 4th one just feels way harder. Too much "combine x with y to make z happen." I'll come back to it eventually, but I just can't take it right now.
Borderlands 2. I primarily co-oped with a friend, then he stopped playing and got hooked on Warframe. Now I like Warframe and think it improves the third person shooter in many ways but the fact that it's still in beta, but in the open market, and has hard/soft currency which is the bane of mobile games makes me feel a bit suspicious of the game direction.
First, +1 for Dub. Definitely a great thread idea.

Fallout 1- I really, really liked it. I had two really long grind sessions...and then just stopped playing it. I really don't know why I stopped, but I do plan on eventually finishing it.

I feel like I should give Planescape: Torment a shout out. I haven't stopped playing entirely, I'm just playing it really slowly. But that's just fine with me. I did the same thing with Dragon Age: Origins (5 months) and KOTOR 1 (3 months) and definitely enjoyed the game more because of it.

Another shout out goes to Lord of the Rings: War in the North, which I'm considering giving up on after just finishing the first hour of gameplay. It's just boring, and doesn't really feel like I'm having a LOTR adventure
misteryo: Afterfall: Insanity - quit at about 90 minutes. Slog, slog, slog. I'm crazy, you're crazy, everybody is crazy. Is this happening? Is it all in my head? Am I murdering people I love? Am I already locked up in a padded room and imagining all this?

Who cares?

Dead Island - quit at about 90 minutes. Slog, slog, slog. Everybody's sexy. Everybody's bloody. All the people have the same bodies. Plastic breasts, plastic hips, plastic arms and legs and abs. Horrible menu system. How did that get equipped? Wait, now nothing is equipped? How many clicks does it take to equip this? Not playing multiplayer, but visiting "other players" appear, hop about like baboons, try to trade with me. No sympathy for the survivors. Clunky movement and fighting. How did this all happen?

Who cares?

Hotline: Miami - quit after about 25 minutes. Mean, mean, mean. Sordid, dirty, drab, violent. LIke walking down Hollywood Boulevard at 2am in the early 90s. I don't like games that make me feel like shooting heroin. Add to this do-over-until-you-don't-die game mechanics and I'm back at 8 years old playing crappy Atari 2600 games until my fingers bleed. It had a sort of surreal bad dream drug reverie vibe to it, which I suppose is some kind of artistic achievement. But, I don't want to feel that way. So, definitely not the game for me.
+1 for making me laugh with this. I just watched the trailer for Afterfall: Insanity and turned it off after about a minute, with a "annnnd enough of that".

I got Dead Island in the humble bundle, but added it to my steam folder of "Games with no desire to play" after seeing all the hate it's getting on this thread.
Ghorpm: A very interesting thread...

But I think I won't contribute. I just don't quit games and so it happened that my today's achievement confirms it - a few hours ago I've completed Total Annihilation: Kingdoms along with its expansion. I started playing it in March. 2012. So it took me almost two years to beat it. And I didn't restart at any time, after taking a break (~half a year was the longest one) I was coming back to the point where I left it.

So I don't quit games. I just postpone finishing them ;)
Yeah, I still have Crimson Skies actively on my playlist from an install and playthrough started in Sept 2008!
Bit.Trip. Runner. Somehow I managed to finish the first third of the game. I was frustrated way before the first boss, but decided to get to it so I could have some sense of closure.

This always happens to hard games with little or no story. Like Dark Souls last year. I don't know if the story gets more interesting later on, but the game became too frustrating before I could begin to care about it.
Well, I'm not one to talk, because I rarely ever finish any game. I'll play the games I love over and over, but sometimes there's a large gap between when I last played and start up again, so I tend to restart my "go to" games over and over.

That said, after trying and failing to really get absorbed by GTA V, I'm waiting for single player DLC.
Drakhyrr: Bit.Trip. Runner. Somehow I managed to finish the first third of the game. I was frustrated way before the first boss, but decided to get to it so I could have some sense of closure.

This always happens to hard games with little or no story. Like Dark Souls last year. I don't know if the story gets more interesting later on, but the game became too frustrating before I could begin to care about it.
i hated that game's guts. Starting a level from the beginning over and over again? what the hell?

and i loved the dark souls even though "prepare to die" was more than fitting
Nice indea of thread! ^_^

Here's my list for the moment:

LEGO Batman

I'm a big fan of LEGO games on PC, but Batman has some of the worst controls I ever experienced... Plus I'm not such a fan of the comics settings... That's why I had no problems to finish LEGO Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter Games, but Batman, ugh, no.

Still giving a chance to LEGO Batman 2, anyway.

The Last Remnant

The very embodiement of what a rpg SHOULD NOT be, according to me: over-complicated combat-scheme for such weak results, fetch quest galore, and come on, again a teenager who will save the world!!