It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

not really unless i completed it
Monster Hunter World

Just cannot get into this at all. Really clunky combat...seem to spend much of my time facing the wrong way because the lock keeps coming off. Then the monster runs away 6 or 7 times during combat and I have to chase it. I hate runners. And the damn game keeps on interrupting me when I'm doing things- you are looting your kills at the of a mission and the game just pulls you back to base, or interrupts with a cutscene.

Xbox Game Pass...saving me from buying games like this. Most people seem to love it though. Maybe because I never played any of the earlier games.
Post edited April 25, 2019 by CMOT70
Unreal 2: The Awakening

Quit in the first level. One of the worst games I ever played. Doom 3 is gold in comparison. I mean, the first Unreal has not aged very well, but its fast gameplay still holds up somewhat, even though it feels like the player is skating around instead of running. But movement in Unreal 2 is so incredibly slow, I had to use a cheat to double the player's speed to make it barely playable. And that's only the beginning. Nothing about it makes me want to continue playing.
Skyborn (Steam)

This is an RPG-Maker game.

The graphics on the maps are very nice, but the character portraits are meh and the monster graphics are just plain bad. I wish they would have just stuck to the cute map-graphics for everything instead!

The game itself is very linear with a lot of just click-click-clicking through story portions where you do nothing. The story isn’t bad, it’s just that I hate clicking through story elements when I want to be playing a game!

The combats are just plain boring. Although I normally enjoy turn-based combat, the different characters and monsters were not interesting to me. Again, the combat isn’t bad, it’s just boring.

Overall though the game itself is OK, there are no major flaws just a series of small annoyances. But “just OK” isn’t enough to make the cut for me these days, I couldn’t remain motivated enough to finish it.
The Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall

Started a few years ago but stopped at some point because of the super-confusing dungeons mainly, but I've always wanted to get back to it and finish the main quest at least. But when I actually tried playing it again last weekend I quickly gave up and decided to watch the rest on Youtube. A wise decision.
I also stop to play this game, because I didn't find anything interesting in this game.
Icewind Dale II

I've played all the other Infinity games at least 4 times each over the years, but I only ever played this one once when it came out. I couldn't remember why. Now I remember. It emphasises the things I begun to dislike near the end of Throne of Bhaal...nothing but bullshite scripted ambush after bullshite scripted ambush. You can't use good play or tactics to avoid because it's all scripted. It's a long slog, it's boring and 3rd edition D&D rules never really did it for me. I got to around halfway and decided not to waste any more time on it.
Post edited June 01, 2019 by CMOT70
Pherim: Unreal 2: The Awakening

Quit in the first level. One of the worst games I ever played. Doom 3 is gold in comparison. I mean, the first Unreal has not aged very well, but its fast gameplay still holds up somewhat, even though it feels like the player is skating around instead of running. But movement in Unreal 2 is so incredibly slow, I had to use a cheat to double the player's speed to make it barely playable. And that's only the beginning. Nothing about it makes me want to continue playing.
Unfortunately I have to say that you didn't miss much. I finished it, but it was a painfully mediocre experience.

I do think that the first Unreal has aged pretty well however. Finished it again about 2 years ago I think.
I quit Dark Souls because I can't stand the saving system or the clunky gamepad controls. Sorry fans.

I also quit Close to the Sun, because it was terrible.
Matewis: I do think that the first Unreal has aged pretty well however. Finished it again about 2 years ago I think.
Gameplay-wise I agree, but it is very long and gets repetitive after a while, also some levels are quite confusing. Still, a much, much better game.
Matewis: I do think that the first Unreal has aged pretty well however. Finished it again about 2 years ago I think.
Pherim: Gameplay-wise I agree, but it is very long and gets repetitive after a while, also some levels are quite confusing. Still, a much, much better game.
It sure does get a bit repetitive in places true, and some of those massive levels are very hit or miss I agree. Even on my last playthrough I remember getting a little lost on some of the bigger levels. There's that one spaceship in particular with the, bio decks perhaps? I always get stuck there for some reason :\ That and one/two of those massive temple levels.
Rock-n-Rogue A Boo Bunny Plague Adventure

A horrible follow up to a pretty good game. Boring gameplay, bad controls, lack of progress saves means you have to complete the entire game in one sitting, The only options/settings are Mute/Unmute Sound/Music.

Virus Expansion

Boring gameplay that's either very easy or very luck dependent depending on the level, and eventually you get to a level that, as far as I can tell, is literally impossible unless there's some mechanic that I'm missing.
Post edited June 10, 2019 by kalirion
IXOXI: Not voluntarily, but Lands Of Lore - The Throne of Chaos when I find out, that I am not able lockpick lock before room with unicorn statue.
Have you tried grinding one of your character's rogue skills up? From this post: https://www.gog.com/forum/lands_of_lore_series/caution_unicorn_plot_object_and_door_lock_possibility_of_not_finishing_game
So in the end, either make sure you have one character rogue up to 4 before getting too far into Castle Cimmeria if you don't want to waste time, or at least to level 2 and then give them the 'jade necklace' and/or 'great axe "master"' if you have them - or you may never finish the game! (there might be other items that improve rogue as well?).
Deus Ex, with GMDX v10 mod. The level design aged horribly, as did the general mechanics of the game. In addition to this, GMDX has rough edges.

Just gave up on it. Also tried Revision, but that isn't fully baked: There is a bug regarding AI, turrets, and friendly fire. Will come back to Revision in a couple years.

Right now my attention has diverted to Hero-U, along with Grid 2.
kalirion: Have you tried grinding one of your character's rogue skills up? From this post: https://www.gog.com/forum/lands_of_lore_series/caution_unicorn_plot_object_and_door_lock_possibility_of_not_finishing_game

So in the end, either make sure you have one character rogue up to 4 before getting too far into Castle Cimmeria if you don't want to waste time, or at least to level 2 and then give them the 'jade necklace' and/or 'great axe "master"' if you have them - or you may never finish the game! (there might be other items that improve rogue as well?).
kalirion:
Thank you kalirion for interest, unfortunately it was my first time playing Lands of Lore and I did not read anything beforehand to not spoil anything from game experience.

Unfortunately I sold all items, which could help me and during gameplay I almost did not use rogue skill at all.

I backup my savegames, but I would have to return too much in game, so I am afraid, that it will remain unfinished from my side. (or maybe later I will return to some old savegame...)