It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Two Worlds. I enjoyed the twenty odd hours I put into it but its PhysX incompatibility that required multiple full uninstall/reinstalls is what has me quitting.

I'm not going to write one of my usual novel length reviews, but I'll say that I liked it more than most seemed to, it's a fun open world RPG that obviously had some love put into its development. At times it's gives off a budget title feel and the voice acting especially can be really shaky, but I never felt Two Worlds overall was nearly as bad as it's reputation would have you believe. If you're a Gothic/Risen fan you'll probably enjoy it, as it incorporates plenty from those series, more so than the Elder Scrolls series despite being touted as an Oblivion Killer.
Post edited February 09, 2015 by NoNewTaleToTell
NoNewTaleToTell: Two Worlds. I enjoyed the twenty odd hours I put into it but its PhysX incompatibility that required multiple full uninstall/reinstalls is what has me quitting.

I'm not going to write one of my usual novel length reviews, but I'll say that I liked it more than most seemed to, it's a fun open world RPG that obviously had some love put into its development. At times it's gives off a budget title feel and the voice acting especially can be really shaky, but I never felt Two Worlds overall was nearly as bad as it's reputation would have you believe. If you're a Gothic/Risen fan you'll probably enjoy it, as it incorporates plenty from those series, more so than the Elder Scrolls series despite being touted as an Oblivion Killer.
Maybe you'll enjoy Raven's Cry. :P
Digital Devil Saga 2. You just can't trust jrpg series to not start sucking, this is why I started playing Grand Theft Auto instead.

Shame to hear some of you quit Farcry, without it being tough as nails it wouldn't be Farcry.
Post edited February 10, 2015 by bad_fur_day1
NoNewTaleToTell: Two Worlds. I enjoyed the twenty odd hours I put into it but its PhysX incompatibility that required multiple full uninstall/reinstalls is what has me quitting.

omega64: Maybe you'll enjoy Raven's Cry. :P
You know...maybe I would. I loved and spent over a hundred hours in Gothic 3 (got all the endings), completed and kind of enjoyed Alpha Prime, played all the way to the final boss of Hydrophobia: Prophecy, and made it some twenty/thirty hours into Two Worlds and quit because of compatibility issues instead of not enjoying it. Heck I'm close to picking up Walden and the Werewolf based on my ability to get level of enjoyment out of terribly rated games, I mean it's only nineteen cents, I'm sure I can get my money's worth out of it.
Project Eden

I like the game but when they pulled out indestructible ceiling cannons that kill my team on the spot and it gets less Lost Vikings-like and more your average everyday shooter just four levels into the game, I decided I'm in the mood for something different than this.
Jade Empire. Oh, the first real fight of the game is a several stage wave/boss fight without any checkpoints or ability to quicksave in between stages? Hahaha....get off my hard drive.
Yeah, I quit Jade Empire, too. The dialog writing and characterizations just didn't sit well with me, nor did the lack of combat intricacy beyond click, click, click. The user interface / menu system is also appallingly bad. I made it as far as the first minigame SHMUP sequence (maybe about 3-4 hours in).

I'm also about ready to quit on KOTOR -- currently on the first planet. Clunky controls, cheesy dialog, and not impressed with the way combat plays out. I've read that things get better after the first planet, so I think I'll be willing to trudge through it to give it a chance... but so far my experience with bioware "classics" have not met with a favorable impression.
Post edited February 11, 2015 by the.kuribo
the.kuribo: I'm also about ready to quit on KOTOR -- currently on the first planet. Clunky controls, cheesy dialog, and not impressed with the way combat plays out. I've read that things get better after the first planet, so I think I'll be willing to trudge through it to give it a chance... but so far my experience with bioware "classics" have not met with a favorable impression.
I have a secret brother! Nobody ever told me that! XD
Jokes aside, I completely agree with you... and you are probably the first person I have ever heard saying that! :)
I really didn't find anything special in KOTOR, neither before nor after the fisrt planet.
(Waring: everything you will read below is just my opinion! You are allowed to find KOTOR a great game! :P)
As always, the caracters are walking clichès, with the usual Bioware Good-Evil dualism rules without mercy (though this time it is a bit more justified, since Star Wars always tended to me quite "manichaestic") and dialogues that often fall into banality. Even the praised plot twist after the first half of the game always seemed way out of place to me, and the developement of a certain character (if you played KOTOR you probably know who I'm talking about) along with the "plot device" the ending is based on (sorry, I need to be vague to avoid spoilers) just make no sense.
The combat system follow a "light Bioware D&D game" approach, doing basically the verey same things you can see in Neverwinter Nights, repeated for infinite times... but without the same massive variety of the famous RPG.
It does get a bit better after you "unlock" the force, yet it is always very simplistic and *very* light on the tactics side.

I have to praise one aspect of the game, though: HK-47. I think it is one the best comical sidekick ever, and while listening its nasty endless speeches I laughed out loud several times! Seriously, as long as you take it as your companion, you will have at least one good reason to play the game! :)
Post edited February 16, 2015 by Enebias
Enebias: I have a secret brother! Nobody ever told me that! XD
Jokes aside, I completely agree with you... and you are probably the first person I have ever heard saying that! :)
Well, I have to say I was fully prepared to don my flame-resistant suit, but instead I receive a post in agreement with my blasphemy! This is why I love the GOG forums. :)

Enebias: I have to praise one aspect of the game, though: HK-47. I think it is one the best comical sidekick ever, and while listening its nasty endless speeches I laughed out loud several times! Seriously, as long as you take it as your companion, you will have at least one good reason to play the game! :)
I've seen numerous references to this character on gaming forums, and to avoid being a clueless poser I feel I will have to play enough KOTOR to at least experience his personality. I guess I'll just try to rush through the inane stuff as quickly as possible and at least get me some force powers and some HK-47.
Deus Ex..played few missions..its not System Shock 2
the.kuribo: Well, I have to say I was fully prepared to don my flame-resistant suit, but instead I receive a post in agreement with my blasphemy! This is why I love the GOG forums. :)
I admire you. I admit I didn't have the courage to opely state my opinion first! XD

the.kuribo: I've seen numerous references to this character on gaming forums, and to avoid being a clueless poser I feel I will have to play enough KOTOR to at least experience his personality. I guess I'll just try to rush through the inane stuff as quickly as possible and at least get me some force powers and some HK-47.
If you want to quickly find HK-47, go to Tatooine as soon as you can! :)
I quitted English Country Tune. That puzzle game was just way too damn hard. The fact that navigating the menus was terrible didn't help either.
Dragon Age Inquisition. Too much MMO filler. There were nice parts. But the filler far outweighs the good parts. I just can't justify putting maybe 100 hours in to get 10-20 hours of enjoyment. Cut the filler content or make it worth while.
FIST OF AWESOME. Although I enjoyed the graphics, music, and story (such as it is :D), the gameplay itself is just a repetitive button-masher (not my type of game) and I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30. Starts very easy but gets very hard towards the end. Main problem is squad members are idiots and do stupid things to get themselves killed. Ultimately it gets frustrating and repetitive.

Sid Meier's Covert Action. I only played this game for a short while and gave up pretty early. I was expecting the game to be a lot more arcade-y, I was not really interested in collecting and analyzing clues.

Leisure Suit Larry 3: I’m playing through the entire series (currently on LSL6) and this was the only true dud so far. I found it needlessly difficult (as one example, I couldn’t find the lawyer’s office without using the Hint Book because the view of the path is blocked by the graphics of a tree in the foreground, and from what I can determine it is not intentionally supposed to be hard to find!) I was also not interested the the island setting (which was my least favourite portion of LSL2).
Penumbra

control system is crap