It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Klumpen0815: How did this piece of sh** become a classic?!
Well, it is pretty interesting in terms of theme and message.

Apparently, quite a bit of the difficulty in the PC version comes from it being a somewhat shoddy conversion of the Amiga original. For example, the Dos release crops some of the screen due to a different resolution, but doesn't adjust the enemy AI, which, as a result, is capable of attacking you even if they're just off the visible area. That's at least what this episode of Ancien Dos Games says.

Basically, the Amiga version is the reason this game is considered a classic.
Ah..fallout 4.i played it so much i think im gonna puke if i see wasteland again
Evoland:
An awful game capped of by an awful awful boss battle.
omega64: Evoland:
Eh, i would say a mediocre game but hell if that last boss wasn't pure trash, my brain is protecting me because i can't even remember why, i think it was way too long and hard due to the controls/camera...
Cyraxpt: Eh, i would say a mediocre game but hell if that last boss wasn't pure trash, my brain is protecting me because i can't even remember why, i think it was way too long and hard due to the controls/camera...
I guess me hating the humour they use took it down a few more notches. Those are part of the reason the final boss is trash yeah.
Just Cause 2 and X-COM Enemy Unknown. Just couldn't get into them.
ambientsorrow: Just Cause 2 and X-COM Enemy Unknown. Just couldn't get into them.
Just Cause 2 doesn't really want you to have fun. Getting infinite ammo and playing on easy greatly improves the experience.
Yeah, the boss fights were pretty bad. At least the game was short.
RayRay13000: Yeah, the boss fights were pretty bad. At least the game was short.
I can't even remember the final boss. The whole game was so bad, that I immedeately forgot about it after finishing it.
RayRay13000: Yeah, the boss fights were pretty bad. At least the game was short.
Klumpen0815: I can't even remember the final boss. The whole game was so bad, that I immedeately forgot about it after finishing it.
I wonder if Evoland 2 was actually an improvement or the same kind of "jokes".
Shadow of a Comet

The interface is dreadfully outdated. Navigation is confusing and some of the puzzles are obtuse as all hell.

It does have some really good writing at times. But the mechanics were outdated even at the time. Compared to a Lucasarts game, you can't do much in the way of interacting with the environment.
Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge

I've been watching some videos of James & Mike Mondays (AVGN) and i started getting this mood to play retro 8/16 bit side scroller games so i decided to download some of those from my backlog and this was the first...

Oh boy... They limite the screen size for no reason, i mean, you already have side bars on the sides but they even reduce the screen so that they can put some crap all around it and bellow is the information (score, weapons, itens, etc). The first boss has an attack that comes from the ground and i can't see it because i'm constantly jumping to avoid it...

But the controls.... Oh, the controls... It's just aweful! The character is really slow, has to stop to shoot, can only shoot in 4 directions, the shooting speed is weird (if you maintain the button pressed it gradualy loses the speed)...

Dunno, it looked interesting (despite the cheezy look) but nope, had enough after the first boss.
Fallout 4

I'm definitely not someone that hates the new Fallout games. In fact, I loved 3 and New Vegas for different reasons. Anyway, I obviously picked up 4 on release day and played it for about a week and then stopped. I just can't take any more of it.

*Spoilers, I guess*

The world isn't very interesting to me, despite living in the New England area, and quests are simply dreadful. There was one quest where I went around and found dead squad members, trying to figure out what happened to them. When I went to complete the quest I got a line or two of dialogue expressing the guy's disappointment the rest of his team was dead and that was it.

At another point I stumbled across a racetrack. I heard the announcer saying stuff, calling out the racers by name (they were robots), and I thought, "This sounds cool!" But as soon as I got near there, it was just raiders and they only wanted to fight. I read someone else didn't care for this part of the game either (I think it was RPS, actually).

And there's just so much fighting. I don't mind the occasional battles, but it seriously felt more like a shooter than a role-playing game.

All that to say I'm just super bored with it. It isn't very interesting to me and it seriously kills me. I think I'm going to pick up Morrowind to compensate.

*EDIT*

Forgot to mention the writing is...well, it isn't awful, but it isn't memorable. Which is possibly worse.
Post edited December 24, 2015 by jcosmocohen
Gabrial Knight 2

The first installment was as close to a masterpiece as the genre got back in the 90's. Some occasional pixel hunts detracted from it a bit but it was still a a fantastic experiance that i wished I spent more time on.

The sequel however....

More pixel hunts, less background research into the subject matter. The goddamn tape recorder puzzles, the lack of interactivity with your environment, it just goes on and on. The aesthetic of the original was superb so I found the switch to FMV to be jarring. I quit after the first day.

I really wanted to be a SchattenJaeger too.
Post edited December 24, 2015 by ScotchMonkey
Witcher 3
It was just so bland and boring.
It's 95% generic fantasy blah and 5% women that are weirdly interested in some infertile geriatric man meat.
The bugs and awfully optimized engine didn't help much either.
I'll probably go back to it some day, but probably not this year.