It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Limbo. Just tried giving it a second chance, but it's just not worth it. I have nothing good to say about it other than it has a decent (albeit completely forgettable) atmosphere and a decent general art style (that has been done better by every other game that uses a similar style). It's definitely the worst puzzle platformer I've ever played (including free flash ones) and its atmosphere and art style aren't even close to saving it.

I like a lot of games that get stuck with the "pretentious artsy game" label but not this one.
NoNewTaleToTell: Limbo. Just tried giving it a second chance, but it's just not worth it. I have nothing good to say about it other than it has a decent (albeit completely forgettable) atmosphere and a decent general art style (that has been done better by every other game that uses a similar style). It's definitely the worst puzzle platformer I've ever played (including free flash ones) and its atmosphere and art style aren't even close to saving it.

I like a lot of games that get stuck with the "pretentious artsy game" label but not this one.
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121027114128/glee/images/a/a0/Omg_cat.jpg
Halo Spartan Assault: Short missions, story I couldn't care less about, uninvolving, typical electronic tablet game, looks nice enough, boring as can be.
Just quit Just Cause. It's not a very good game to begin with, but all I wanted was a stupid action game after hours upon hours of strategy in Battle World Kronos, so this worked rather well. Untill the mission in which I was supposed to destroy a power plant. I don't know if I've ever seen anything this broken AND poorly designed. It's hard as balls to begin with, an insane difficulty spike after how easy the game was so far. Soldiers, armored cars and helicopters just keep appearing out of nowhere, co there is no way to clear the area. Sometimes they also dissapear. I've head an antire roadblock I was shooting at just faze out of reality. Twice I managed to carry over the explosion that killed me with me, when a checkpoint loaded. That's right, the explosion which killed me respawned WITH ME.

When once I managed to plant the charge it just fazed through the floor. Before I planted another one, I was dead. When I finally got the damn thing to blow up, it turned out I have 30 second to get of the island. Of course I failed that part five times, having no idea where to get transport or which way is fastest. Eventually I got as far as a harbor, and made for a motorboat, as time just run out. Then the game crashed, and now I would have to start the whole mission over, way, WAY before any of this stuff. And the final insult? I checked online- if I didn't try to get to the motorboat, and just tried swimming myself, I would have made it. Despite there being no way in hell to get to the goal by myself in time. But as it turn out it's impossible to get there in time AT ALL. You just need to reach the water, and that will trigger a cut scene.

I apologize for the overlong angry rant, but I had a preatty good winning streak in games recently (a rare thing for me), and now this broken piece of shit broke that, and wasted almost an hour of my time to boot. Damn, this game sucks.
Post edited January 15, 2015 by Breja
Breja: Just quit Just Cause. It's not a very good game to begin with, but all I wanted was a stupid action game after hours upon hours of strategy in Battle World Kronos, so this worked rather well. Untill the mission in which I was supposed to destroy a power plant. I don't know if I've ever seen anything this broken AND poorly designed. It's hard as balls to begin with, an insane difficulty spike after how easy the game was so far. Soldiers, armored cars and helicopters just keep appearing out of nowhere, co there is no way to clear the area. Sometimes they also dissapear. I've head an antire roadblock I was shooting at just faze out of reality. Twice I managed to carry over the explosion that killed me with me, when a checkpoint loaded. That's right, the explosion which killed me respawned WITH ME.

When once I managed to plant the charge it just fazed through the floor. Before I planted another one, I was dead. When I finally got the damn thing to blow up, it turned out I have 30 second to get of the island. Of course I failed that part five times, having no idea where to get transport or which way is fastest. Eventually I got as far as a harbor, and made for a motorboat, as time just run out. Then the game crashed, and now I would have to start the whole mission over, way, WAY before any of this stuff. And the final insult? I checked online- if I didn't try to get to the motorboat, and just tried swimming myself, I would have made it. Despite there being no way in hell to get to the goal by myself in time. But as it turn out it's impossible to get there in time AT ALL. You just need to reach the water, and that will trigger a cut scene.

I apologize for the overlong angry rant, but I had a preatty good winning streak in games recently (a rare thing for me), and now this broken piece of shit broke that, and wasted almost an hour of my time to boot. Damn, this game sucks.
Get the JC2, Boi! :D
As soon as Satan skates to work.
I think I can add Shadow of Mordor to the list...
World Rally Fever...well that was a 1.49€ wasted. I might give it another go because I really want to like the game, but the controls are making it really difficult. How did they mess it up so bad?? Usually, in a racing game, the vehicle goes a straight line until you press left or right, which naturally makes the vehicle turn. If you don't turn when the road curves, you'll hit the wall. However, in this game, the vehicle seems to automatically turn a little once you hit the curve. WTF? My natural instinct is to turn at a curve until the road straightens again, but since there's some auto-turning too, it's very easy to hit the wall on the opposite side of the road. Simply put, these are the shittiest controls I've seen in a racing game. I wish I had known this beforehand.

Other small gripes are the lack of a manual - thus, I have no idea what the power-ups do; also, the acceleration is atrocious. Every opponent immediately loses me when the race begins, because my car has the starting speed of a rollator handled by an old woman.
I quit the Streets of Rage Remake. I couldn't figure out how to make my own mods, i did not like the custom ones from others, i unlocked everything, minus the secret ending of mania difficulty. I either die along with my CPU aid AT THE FINAL BOSS, or in like stage 6 the AI gets stuck and my aid is loopholed into walking back and forth but not forward, until timer runs out and we die. Got so mad and furious, that i ultimately quit.
DProject: World Rally Fever...well that was a 1.49€ wasted. I might give it another go because I really want to like the game, but the controls are making it really difficult. How did they mess it up so bad?? Usually, in a racing game, the vehicle goes a straight line until you press left or right, which naturally makes the vehicle turn. If you don't turn when the road curves, you'll hit the wall. However, in this game, the vehicle seems to automatically turn a little once you hit the curve. WTF? My natural instinct is to turn at a curve until the road straightens again, but since there's some auto-turning too, it's very easy to hit the wall on the opposite side of the road. Simply put, these are the shittiest controls I've seen in a racing game. I wish I had known this beforehand.

Other small gripes are the lack of a manual - thus, I have no idea what the power-ups do; also, the acceleration is atrocious. Every opponent immediately loses me when the race begins, because my car has the starting speed of a rollator handled by an old woman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWbLOFGSEDo
Lifeless Planet

Lifeless indeed... I don' know, it's one of those cases where you can say "what did you expect", i mean, it was going to be a lifeless planet, all rocky~brownish, it's just... boring to see (and play). The controls are awful and i played with a controller, it's just not responsive, i had to do some plataforming with the use of the jetpack and i end up falling what was suppose to be a easy jump because it's hard to control the jetpack (small) trust... i had to push a rock so that i can jump higher and even that was hard to control. I'll be honest, i didn't played much of it, perhaps 30m/1h and i stopped, maybe if the controls were somewhat good i would have forgot the bland scenery but as it is i rather waste my time in other games.
Path of Exile. It's a good game, but I played a lot of Hack and Slash RPGs (Diablo-like) and other action rpgs in 2014. So I just want to rest in 2015.
Insurgency. I play alot of BF4 and just couldnt get into Insurgency. Seems pretty hardcore, and I have over 1,000 hours on BF4. It was a gift, so no loss. Maybe Ill give it another try in the future.
Tetrobot and Co. I'm just way too dumb for this game. 36% complete.
Protocol. It's a small, but very well done freeware game. But I just can't beat it. I got the last level, but there is no way in hell I can beat it. I have spent an embarassing amount of time on it, not willing to accept defeat, but finally I had to. It would just be a waste of time to keep at it. Maybe if there was a checkpoint right before the final level...

Still, it's a fun game... if you'r better at it than I am, which is quite likely :)
Post edited January 26, 2015 by Breja