It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

foxgog: snip
Maybe you should link to its wishlist page so GOG can actually see how many would be interested?

And yes, GOG is severely lacking in racing games and hopefully they can get Codemasters to release more of their stuff here.

Old Need for Speed games would also be great.
Post edited March 31, 2020 by Dreamia
foxgog: "We've taken a closer look at Offload Mania, and I'm afraid that we will have to pass on it. The game looks like a fun physics based game, with simple, yet eye-catching graphics.
I'm afraid however, that the game would not fit the GOG user base, and we are not confident in releasing it on our platform."
They still use that same idiotic form letter, huh?

I pointed out before how putting the words "it looks like" into your rejection letter is a rather poor choice of words, as it makes it sound like not even the writer is confident in his own assessment. And the "simple, yet eye-catching graphics" is the new "too niche".

If it turns out to become a sleeper hit on Steam, we'll probably see a gog release once this game has been at the $1 tier in various bundles. ;P
Honestly I think Offroad Mania is everything but a racing game. And I don't really know if racing game fans (even 4x4 ones) would fall in love with it.
Seems to be more akin to a puzzle/mobile game.

Anyway, here's the Wishlist entry for those who may be interested:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/offroad_mania
karnak1: Honestly I think Offroad Mania is everything but a racing game. And I don't really know if racing game fans (even 4x4 ones) would fall in love with it.
Seems to be more akin to a puzzle/mobile game.
Hello,

Thanks, I forgot the link to the wishlist entry, but edited it into my previous post.

Regarding it not being a racing game: I totally agree, that it is a more technical approach to driving, following the advise "as slow as possible, but only as fast as necessary".
What seperates it the most from the likes as Screamer 4x4 or other competition-based driving games is the total lack of a timer and leaderboard.

Whatever it is worth, I do like Offroad Mania, similar to the Cabela's Offroad Adventure series it is more about getting somewhere instead of getting there in a rush. Even Screamer 4x4 has sections whose challenge originate purely out of the time constraint. If removing this time element makes the game at hand a "mobile game", ok be it so. (But I tried even the web based demo build, and it does not work on mobile devices.)

Thanks again and kind regards,
foxgog

---
foxgog: snip
First of all: I like the "no-pressure" attitude of your game.
However - it's also a real niche game - it needs a very special kind of customer, who finds interest into it.

GOG is a business, and as such they have to evaluate if a new product in the store will be a worthwhile addition (meaning: a financial success).

And as it looks now, the game has only 61 owners on Steam (of which at least 5 got the game for free), despite being released six weeks ago, and being on sale right now for 15% off.

Add to that an already low base price of €3,99 and it would probably cost GOG more (lawyers fees, etc.) to bring the game into its store, than it would make them money in sales.

Let's say (just for the sake of it), the same number of GOG users (61) would buy the game in the first six weeks after a GOG release for the full price - that's only €243,39 gross revenue.
Or €73,02 net revenue for GOG (= the money, that GOG actually gets...and that's pre taxes!).

That's simply not financially sensible.

Edit: typo, missing word
Post edited March 31, 2020 by BreOl72
GOG has technically rejected the entire Pixel Games UK catalog.

Pixel Games UK wanted to publish these games here, but GOG never answered to its submissions.

Source:
https://twitter.com/pixelgamesuk/status/1318228418140475398

Wishlist entries for the games published by Pixel Games UK on Steam:
- Battle Command;
- California Games;
- California Games II;
- Horace Goes Skiing;
- Hungry Horace;
- Impossible Mission II;
- Lost Patrol;
- Mystic Midway: Rest In Pieces;
- Rogue;
- Temple Of Apshai Trilogy;
- Voyeur.
low rated
OHMYGODJCABOMB: GOG has technically rejected the entire Pixel Games UK catalog.

Pixel Games UK wanted to publish these games here, but GOG never answered to its submissions.

Source:

- Battle Command;
- California Games;
- California Games II;
- Horace Goes Skiing;
- Hungry Horace;
- Impossible Mission II;
- Lost Patrol;
- Rogue;
- Voyeur.
This is the result when your company is run by "woke" morons that seem to think crappy indie games have more worth than older classic games. Just look at the army of garbage they have been releasing. The only games that were worth buying are the classic old games but everything new is just utter garbage and can barely be called a game.
OHMYGODJCABOMB: GOG has technically rejected the entire Pixel Games UK catalog.

Source:

- Battle Command;
- California Games;
- California Games II;
- Horace Goes Skiing;
- Hungry Horace;
- Impossible Mission II;
- Lost Patrol;
- Rogue;
- Voyeur.
Did they really reject it though? It only said that GoG hasn't answered their emails yet.
OHMYGODJCABOMB: snip
https://store.steampowered.com/publisher/pixelgamesuk/
Wasn't there a post with a copy of the auto email GoG sends saying if you don't hear from us then we don't want your game (in so many words)
Huff: Wasn't there a post with a copy of the auto email GoG sends saying if you don't hear from us then we don't want your game (in so many words)
Yes, you're right:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_ignored_rogue_and_temple_of_apshai_trilogy/post16

Moreover, it looks they don't even know what Rogue is. (:
low rated
Huff: Wasn't there a post with a copy of the auto email GoG sends saying if you don't hear from us then we don't want your game (in so many words)
OHMYGODJCABOMB: Yes, you're right:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_ignored_rogue_and_temple_of_apshai_trilogy/post16

Moreover, it looks they don't even know what Rogue is. (:
They most likely are aware but GOG now goes for the crappy artsy garbage that barely sells and they now reject classic games when they don't meet their standards. They even rejected newer games if they aren't "woke" enough. GOG's whole catalogue is not to serve their customer but just their personal bias curation. Some of their so-called curated games have utter garbage rating but they still sell it anyway let alone all the incomplete unpatched games that are released here.
I agree, it's as if the age of the curators has gone right down and they now turn their noses up at anything not to 'their' taste (no disrespect to any of the forumers here !)
low rated
Huff: I agree, it's as if the age of the curators has gone right down and they now turn their noses up at anything not to 'their' taste (no disrespect to any of the forumers here !)
We had this kinda debate a year or so ago but GOG has this nutjob defense force that rants and raves if anybody points this out. You're better off with STEAM at least they give you the choice to buy what you want. Games like Agony and Hatred were high on the list and offered to them but they refused them most likely because it triggered their staff let alone their snowflake community.

GOG now even has these Orwellian moderators because they couldn't cope with free speech let alone criticism.
Post edited November 03, 2020 by dgnfly
Yep, I noticed all the drama with Grimoire (while patiently waiting to buy it) Nearly bought it on itch io when it showed up here and it was an 'instabuy' as they say