It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

RWarehall: ...200,000-500,000 sold with 42 peak concurrent players yesterday (SteamSpy)
7,662 reviews (95% positive)...
Interesting, I remember that at one point STEAM made some changes so that it would be impossible to aggregate this type of data anymore. I think it had something to do with achievements... Do you happen to know what might have changed, since it looks like I'm out of the loop?

On topic, 200,000-500,000... those are actually huge numbers! It looks like the game is a bigger deal than it seemed to me at first.
Post edited January 16, 2020 by MadalinStroe
RWarehall: ...200,000-500,000 sold with 42 peak concurrent players yesterday (SteamSpy)
7,662 reviews (95% positive)...
MadalinStroe: Interesting, I remember that at one point STEAM made some changes so that it would be impossible to aggregate this type of data anymore. I think it had something to do with achievements... Do you happen to know what might have changed, since it looks like I'm out of the loop?

On topic, 200,000-500,000... those are actually huge numbers! It looks like the game is a bigger deal than it seemed to me at first.
It was Privacy. Steam made the games libraries private by default where SteamSpy used to troll accounts to get a representative average.. I don't know exactly how they are doing it now, they might be basing it on public accounts but from the sound of it, they found something else in the Steam API they could use to make a decent estimate. Another way to get a ballpark for interest is the number of reviews. At one time, it was stated that on average 1 in 60 people review a typical Steam game. Obviously bundled games are less likely to be played and thus reviewed unless it was the game people really wanted out of a bundle. I've started looking at that more because it takes the bundle factor mostly out of it and reflects those people who care enough about a game to comment on it.
maybe this was already posted but GOG turned down "Kyle Is Famous" because it's already free. I can't really blame them for that, since they wouldn't make any money and would have to support it in some fashion, but it is a well-received game.

In any case it is DRM-free on itch.io - https://ducky-dev.itch.io/kyle-is-famous

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games#search=kyle%20is
In case I didn't already I just wanna point out these are now free on blupi.org - http://blupi.org/ (and many other Epsitec games).
I posted it somewhere else before but not in this thread. Apparently, GOG has turned down "The I of the Dragon" at some point in the past.

I wrote an e-mail to Topware asking them about a GOG release and they said so and that they will try asking again. That was a while ago already so I assume it got rejected again.

Sure, the game has a lot of technical issues, but it is on Steam and Zoom and I've seen a guide on Steam forums allegedly fixing the most critical issues. Shame, the game would've been great on GOG.
idbeholdME: I posted it somewhere else before but not in this thread. Apparently, GOG has turned down "The I of the Dragon" at some point in the past.

I wrote an e-mail to Topware asking them about a GOG release and they said so and that they will try asking again. That was a while ago already so I assume it got rejected again.

Sure, the game has a lot of technical issues, but it is on Steam and Zoom and I've seen a guide on Steam forums allegedly fixing the most critical issues. Shame, the game would've been great on GOG.
Funny, just a few days ago I heard back from a Dirk P. Hassinger at Topware. (I sent a message in mid-Jan but didnt hear back until I sent another one on Feb 10) It was kinda hard to tell what he was saying, maybe he was writing in "slightly off" English. I think he basically said "we don't have control over what GOG offers, but we'll try again"
tfishell: Funny, just a few days ago I heard back from a Dirk P. Hassinger at Topware. (I sent a message in mid-Jan but didnt hear back until I sent another one on Feb 10) It was kinda hard to tell what he was saying, maybe he was writing in "slightly off" English. I think he basically said "we don't have control over what GOG offers, but we'll try again"
Yeah, the same guy replied to me on January 20th (the same day I sent the e-mail to them) and also in an "off" English. Here is exactly what he wrote:

"I will ask them again to release The I of the Dragon, but last time they did not want."

The question remains, whether they actually asked GOG again, or just dismissed it after replying. Or maybe the "last time" could have actually been after your e-mail. Who knows? :P
Post edited February 12, 2020 by idbeholdME
A few more declined titles for the list:
3030 Deathwar Redux
Afterfall: Insanity Extended Edition
Dungeon of Dragon Knight
Grid Cartographer - Not a game, but a game-related tool with quite a few votes
Savage: The Shard of Gosen
Warsim: The Realm of Aslona
SCPM: Grid Cartographer - Not a game, but a game-related tool with quite a few votes
That sucks. I guess it's legitimately niche, and while I like to believe many games generally sell quite a few more copies than the number of votes they receive, maybe GOG believes it wouldn't sell much more than the 300+. :-/ I also assume this is technically old news, it was probably rejected some time ago? Ultimately still disappointing, as it's a tool especially appropriate for GOG.
SCPM: Grid Cartographer - Not a game, but a game-related tool with quite a few votes
tfishell: That sucks. I guess it's legitimately niche, and while I like to believe many games generally sell quite a few more copies than the number of votes they receive, maybe GOG believes it wouldn't sell much more than the 300+.
I see it this way: if I enter a Starbucks, I'm not expecting them to have a circular saw or a leaf blower on offer. Would you?

And just to make that clear: I wouldn't mind GOG selling Grid Cartographer here.
I use an older version (3.0) of the program myself.

But have you looked at Steam? They sell it there for €46,-
No way would I have paid that price. Not even for a DRM-free version here on GOG.

(FYI: I paid around $20.- in total for my version (incl. upgrades)).
tfishell: That sucks. I guess it's legitimately niche, and while I like to believe many games generally sell quite a few more copies than the number of votes they receive, maybe GOG believes it wouldn't sell much more than the 300+.
BreOl72: I see it this way: if I enter a Starbucks, I'm not expecting them to have a circular saw or a leaf blower on offer. Would you?

And just to make that clear: I wouldn't mind GOG selling Grid Cartographer here.
I use an older version (3.0) of the program myself.

But have you looked at Steam? They sell it there for €46,-
No way would I have paid that price. Not even for a DRM-free version here on GOG.

(FYI: I paid around $20.- in total for my version (incl. upgrades)).
I actually wouldn't mind GOG selling DRM-free non-game software, but whoa I didn't know it was $50.
tfishell: I actually wouldn't mind GOG selling DRM-free non-game software, but whoa I didn't know it was $50.
Yeah, me neither. It's a useful tool, afterall.
But not for that price.
A moderate price hike from the $20.- that I paid, to €25,- or €30,- max. - yeah, maybe.
Though I have to say, that I don't see the need (for me!) to upgrade to GC 4. I'm fine with GC 3.

Edit: reading my comment again, I had to laugh about myself.
I noticed with some dismay, that I'm complaining in the same way, in which some guys here did, when the expensive wargames got released, recently.

Of course, with a program like GC one has to keep in mind the very limited buyers group, that exists for such a program.
So, of course the price point is higher than with programs which have a far broader audience.

So, I'll eat crow now, and promise, not to complain about GC 4's price point again.

:)
Post edited February 14, 2020 by BreOl72
It may have already been stated, but I'm pretty sure for the Isaacs, GOG has changed their mind and wanted to work with Edmund McMillen to bring these games. However it's been almost a year since he said "possibly", so maybe that fell through.

GOG also changed their mind about Cthulhu Saves The World I believe but the dev declined to bring it here at this point because it's so old and has issues (and thinks that bringing it could hurt their reputation if the game doesn't work well), and GOG probably wouldn't want to tinker with it themselves b/c the return-on-investment would probably be too low.

Just another opportunity to show folks these and other Epsitec games are legally freeware ;) - http://blupi.org/
Post edited February 15, 2020 by tfishell
Ok, gonna launch a sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UPeZw7SxrsrMBH1Mx7wHoFGi8vklJ7OChbydZFqYldc/edit?usp=sharing
this way you can search for the game, rather than going forum digging. made it edit, because I can't throw in all the games myself
Hello,

Since, mid of February 2020, the developer of the game OFFROAD MANIA ("Active Games") -- which has been released recently on other platform(s) -- had submitted his rock-climbing offroad game and was keenly interested in a release on GOG.com.

(GOG wishlist entry):
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/offroad_mania

(developer blog on tigsource):
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=69031.0

(Offroad Mania game page on Steam):
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1222040/Offroad_Mania/

Unfortunately, this is the response from the GOG.com curation team.

GOG answer:
"We've taken a closer look at Offload Mania, and I'm afraid that we will have to pass on it. The game looks like a fun physics based game, with simple, yet eye-catching graphics.
I'm afraid however, that the game would not fit the GOG user base, and we are not confident in releasing it on our platform."

The GOG.com catalog is severly lacking in racing or driving simulation games, and even more in the more technical inclined offroad driving simulations aside from Screamer 4x4 (also known as Bleifuss Offroad).
I understand that licencing issues, especially with respect to licenced car models or disfunct developers (such as with the Cabela's Offroad Adventure series, is holding a lot of them back from being (re-)released here.

But OFFROAD MANIA does not rely on licenced models, is already well polished, receives in a timely fashion updates which incorporate user feedback, has really positive feedback and reviews on Steam, and the developer was keen to release his game here immediately after being contacted about it!

So, how does a licence-free driving simulation game (of the well underrepresented subgenre of offroad simulations) not fit the GOG user base???

It is not the case, that we have all to many options here available, already!

Please, GOG.com team reconsider your decision and re-evaluate OFFROAD MANIA, before the developer actually loses his interest at all.

Kind regards,
foxgog

[Edit1: links to developer & steam page]
[Edit2: link to GOG wishlist entry, which I forgot]

---
Post edited March 31, 2020 by foxgog