It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

World End Economica Episode 1 – A visual novel about a boy’s dream becoming rich with stock investing.
Skyborn – An rpg-maker like steampunk adventure with lovely characters and intersting story
Beyond Reality – An rpg maker like sci-fi adventure. with decent story and colourful characters.
(both skyborn and beyond reality are nice for their story, but both gameplay is a bit static, since it's genre limits being an turn based RPG.)
Soma – An underwater journey with horror elements and some thriller elements as well (a masterpiece)
Ghost 1.0 – A 2D bullethell with jump and run and tons of humour and nice story (the humour is excellent)
Limbo – lovely 2D platformer with some creepy atmosphere
Evoland 2 – A journey through video games history. But this time focus more on story and less on game history
Never alone – A mix of a jump and run and documentation about Eskimo’s life, culture, rites and beliefs.
Dex – decent sci fi rpg/platformer hybrid, but really nothing special. Ghost 1.0 or Swapper are superior in every way.
Toren – style over substance. you dont miss anything if you skip this
Day of the Tentacle – This one was a little disappointment. The humour was really hit and miss, but most times miss and the puzzles were really not that fun. Not my kind of point and click adventure. But the part with the politicians was great. Sadly the quality is not always that high in this game)
Saints Row IV and III – decent GTA like games, was fun.
A bird story – minimalistic gameplay (if at all) and for my taste the story was a bit too much sentimental – or japanese.

That was all.
Post edited October 02, 2017 by VeldrinMaven
Finished Borderlands. Very fun but also very repetitive. I had to make a few breaks during my play. I'll definitely play the DLCs later.

Full list here.
Post edited October 03, 2017 by sebarnolds
Slain: Back From Hell. I had a lot of fun with this one. Admittedly, being a metal fan, the aesthetic of this game totally works for me because it's like playing through a bunch of "totally brvtal" album covers. The soundtrack is by a former Celtic Frost member (admittedly, the later, post-Cold Lake version, not the better earlier version) and it does the job. The graphics are the main draw and are indeed gorgeous. I often don't like it when developers mix stuff like lighting and particle effects with pixel art but it works in this case.

There's some mild platforming but it's really a fast-moving hack-and-slash game. You eventually get the ability to switch from standard sword to flame sword or ice axe. There's a simple 3-hit combo, a backwards dodge/dash, and you can cast some limited magic, but the technique you mostly want to master is blocking an attack at the last split-second, which stuns the enemy and allows you to do a massive counter. I do think the block animation could have been made more obvious because as it is it's barely noticeable compared to the idle animation. Your guy basically just freezes in place, holding his weapon in front of him.

The encounter design is pretty good, IMO. It's challenging and has some variety in how the enemies are mixed up but nothing that can't be figured out before long. The levels feature frequent checkpoints that replenish all health and magic, and although they're close enough that you won't lose much progress if you die, they're far enough apart that you're required to demonstrate your skill before being rewarded. I would say that there are generally two or three major battles between each one - you might be able to luck through one but you won't be able to do more than that unless you play well.
F.E.A.R

Ran perfectly on my 64 bit win 7 system. (after a weird fix)
The shooting mechanics are still excellent and as ever it's fun not knowing how the enemy soldiers will behave.
Tattletail (Humble Bundle - part of the current Humble Gems Bundle 2)

This is a first-person horror game, it’s more creepy than scary. It’s quite linear, and also quite short.

Overall I’d only recommend it if you’re into creepy horror games, personally I’m not so I think I just completed it due to stubbornness.
01kipper: Tattletail (Humble Bundle - part of the current Humble Gems Bundle 2)

This is a first-person horror game, it’s more creepy than scary. It’s quite linear, and also quite short.

Overall I’d only recommend it if you’re into creepy horror games, personally I’m not so I think I just completed it due to stubbornness.
:D That’s a marvellous wording.
Completed two different games recently
Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider on the PS4.
I even got the platinum trophy for DOTO :D

Dawn of War 2 and Chaos Rising.
Wasn't sure about the more tactical approach instead of a standard RTS but I ended up really liking it and the RPG elements of the heroes. Currently I'm re-playing it through co-op with my brother and it's great. It's a lot more hectic and we're basically yelling commands at each other across the room :P
metro 2033 + metro last light, alien isolation, far cry 3 & blood dragon, Pony island, batman arkham asylum + arkham city, mass effect 1+2, DOOM, Darksiders, Half life 2ep2, shovel knight.

a few things to say

1. i completed the MAIN story of this games plus interesting sidequests(am NOT going to be collecting 120+ riddlers trophies for gods sake)

2. i might have missed a few games
I've very recently got back into and finished Watchdogs, after having stopped for a few months. I'll still go back and do that T-Bone story DLC.

Also, I've just got back into and finished (all 3 endings) Hollow Knight. Surprisingly, I beat Hollow Knight (the boss) pretty easily and it only took me two tries to beat The Goddamned Radiance. I didn't expect to, since the bosses in the game have a tendency to be hell on earth to beat.
Post edited October 05, 2017 by Falci
Finished Escape Goat. It was ok, but I got bored in the end with too difficult levels (I had to use a walkthrough for the 3 last levels and skipped 5 optional rooms).

Full list here.
^ I just finished the same game :)!

Escape Goat

I played this game a few years ago and really enjoyed it a lot, so much so that I felt like replaying it. I've got a horrible memory, so I didn't remember much about the specific levels.

It's a short and simple puzzle platformer, each level is a single screen and most of the levels require more thinking than reflexes which is great for me because I otherwise I'd suck hard at it.

I love the presentation of this game, the graphics and the sounds just go together perfectly and work very, very well with the gameplay (the simple graphics allow more concentration on the puzzle itself).

I only played the base game ("Prison"), not the extra/optional levels ("Intensive Purposes") which I found to be literally impossible.
Post edited October 06, 2017 by 01kipper
01kipper: ^ I just finished the same game :)!

Escape Goat
It's a short and simple puzzle platformer, each level is a single screen and most of the levels require more thinking than reflexes which is great for me because I otherwise I'd suck hard at it.
That's the problem with the levels in the end. Some of them require good thinking AND reflexes. I had to retry two of them at least 20-30 times to complete them.
sebarnolds: That's the problem with the levels in the end. Some of them require good thinking AND reflexes. I had to retry two of them at least 20-30 times to complete them.
Agreed, unfortunately there are a couple like that. I think in my final stats I had 422 deaths.
Torment: Tides of Numenara

I backed this on Kickstarter, and now that it seems that the final version is out, I finally got around to playing it. I liked it. It probably can't live up to its predecessor's reputation, but frankly, I'm not convinced that Planescape can live up to Planescape's reputation, so the devs might have put themselves in kind of a no-win situation by playing that angle up so heavily. Of course, waiting until the last minute to tell backers that by the way, the stretch-goal companions wouldn't actually be in game couldn't have helped. They had a pretty dire record with their stretch-goals all around, to be honest: looking back through their campaign, I see stretch-goal areas, Crystal Dimension and Ruins of Ossiphagan, didn't make the cut either (or was the Crystal Dimension the three-screen area in the heart of the Bloom? Because that was nothing like what was promised in the campaign). I don't really care about the companions (see below), but I would have enjoyed the extra areas.

It has a lot going for it. The central idea is interesting--a semi-divine being called the Changing God who has achieved pseudo-immortality by developing a method for abandoning his current body for a new one when he gets tired of it. But when he does, the body doesn't die--instead, a new consciousness awakens inside of it. You are such a consciousness, waking to discover that your creator has abandoned his current body while it was plummeting to its death thousands of feet in the air. You miraculously survive, only to find that you are being hunted by some kind of seemingly omnipotent being called The Sorrow, and the only thing that could (maybe) stop it has been smashed to pieces by your impact/

The setting this takes place in is the Dying Earth-esque Ninth World. Civilizations have been rising up and collapsing for millions of years, leaving layers of ruins and technology that the currently extant civilization can sometimes use or study, but not understand in any meaningful way. It's an interesting change from the standard D&D-inspired fantasy fare, and frequently manages to be legitimately weird and cool.

The gameplay mechanics are interesting; you have a pool of stats (might, speed, intellect), and when you want to pull of a difficult task, you have a probability of success based on your stats. You can spend points to increase your probability of success, but points stay spent until you restore them by sleeping or using items. It's an interesting idea, although pretty exploitable in practice--you should have more than enough money to sleep when you want, so there's not a lot of incentive to try to play conservatively with your stat pools. Also, just like Planescape, one of the stats--Intellect--is clearly just better than the other two, at least for me. I suppose if you want to resolve most of your problems with violence than they would be better balanced, but...

...you can resolve almost every conflict nonviolently. This is something I really liked in Planescape, and I like it here, and I'm grateful that we didn't see the return of the trash mobs that infected Planescape; no running through catacombs with a conga line of ghouls chasing after you in Tides of Numenara. Unfortunately, when I did have to use violence, I found it to be largely dull. Combat is turn-based, which is fine, but it was always really easy, and just sort of slowed the game down without adding much in the way of interesting challenge in return. And to be clear, I made no attempt to create a party that would be good at combat--only one of my party was an actual fighter, and one of them was a kid who spent most encounters trying to stay away from enemies and not die. If I'd actually bothered to use the various one-use combat items that I acquired until the very end of the game, combat would have been down-right insulting.

Your companions are ... not amazing, really. Functional. The companions in Planescape are so great because they really feel like people (who also happen to be a floating skull, or a half-demon thief, or a succubus brothel-owner). In Tides, it feels as if they came up with a gimmick (what if someone had living tattoos that help him fight? What if someone was constantly in touch with alternate-dimensional versions of herself?), and then half-heartedly attached a name and personality to the gimmick. The game seems to want you to use all your party members (you even get an item that lets you summon them right to you), while simultaneously making trying to do that really awkward and arbitrary: I kicked the priest off my team because the kid would only agree to go with me when I had three people in my party. Why does Rhin object to traveling in a group of five? Is five an unlucky number in her culture? Whatever. Planescape was bad at this, too--if you wanted to recruit Vhailor, and don't know ahead of time where he is, you have to dump one of your current companions in the middle of an extra dimensional hell-prison and leave them there forever.

Similar to my complaint that your companions are weird ideas with names attached to them, the game's devotion to constantly being as weird as it could be got kind of tiring towards the end. It seems like everyone you meet is a psychic projection, or a time-traveler, or a god, or a member of some weird cult, or the last of their race, or something in that line. And they'll all tell you their stories! It can be cool, but familiarity breeds contempt, and the weirdness loses its charm after a while.

I appreciated that my actions throughout the game altered the epilogue, and it seems as if my final choices were really meaningful--this is a step up from Planescape, where ultimately, after an entire game of making moral decisions and choosing dialogue options to reflect your philosophy, your story can only really end one way.
Continuing my run through the Halo series I just finished Halo 3: ODST. From what I understand it's really more like a standalone expansion for Halo 3 which was just meant as a filler between Halo 3 and Reach and well, that's what it feels like.

It's not a bad game but certainly the worst one in the series I've played so far. From what I understand it chronologically overlaps with Halo 2, although I really wasn't sure where it fits into the Halo lore until I read up on it after finishing the game. And that's generally kind of my main problem with it, it fails to meaningfully contribute to the universe or build up an actually interesting story of its own. The story follows a whole squad of "orbital drop shock troopers" and over the course of the campaign you play as each one of them but they are neither interesting characters nor do they play differently. And the story can be summed up in a few words: squad accidentally ends up in a city, although it's instantly hinted that it was actually purposeful, spend the first half of the game regrouping, then trying to leave the city and in the last two or three missions they find out what their actual mission was and, surprise, end up completing it, no sweat. It reminds me a lot of the first Killzone, actually, but that's not a very high bar. And the ending is extremely anti-climactic.

I guess the developers tried to mix things up a bit with this one, going for a different style and slightly different gameplay, but ultimately it just feels like a downscaled Halo game. All action takes place in one city, "New Mombasa", which is an okay location but a huge disappointment compared to the alien environments and beautiful vistas that are a trademark feature of the series. The city is to some degree designed as one big location and one of the soldiers spends a large portion of the game searching it for traces left behind by his other squad members. That portion of the game is the one that differs most from other entries in the series, with a semi-open world, but the game fails to make good use of this. You have a map that guides you to important locations in order, incidentally they are distributed in a manner that has you move from one end of the city to the other. And exploration isn't particularly rewarded, apparently the best thing you can find is some audio logs, of which I apparently collected only a single one, and also gameplay-wise nothing interesting is done with this.

They also tried to make the ODSTs appear a bit less tough gameplay-wise. Instead of shields they have "awareness" or something like this which technically works exactly like the shield, though, and once that's down you start losing health, so it's actually the exact same system as in Halo: Combat Evolved. Also, the guys can't dual-wield. Oh yeah, and instead of a flashlight they have some sort of night vision that highlights enemies with red outlines which is kinda cool but not really important, is it.

And other than that it's same old. Same old enemies, same old guns (with one meh exception, I think), same old vehicles, same old gameplay. Good gameplay but same old.