It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ofthenexus: Osmos

Playing as a mote, you absorb things smaller than you and are absorbed by things bigger than you. Movement consists of ejecting your own mass (becoming smaller) within a fluid. It'sa chill puzzler, with each level giving you a goal and a setup and letting you attack it as needed. Some levels are pretty straight forward and simple, but others test you planning and reflexes a bit. There are enough wrinkles thrown into the premise to keep it from getting stale, but no big deviation from the core mechanics.

Nice soundtrack, easy controls, visually appealing, I really enjoyed.
You managed to finish it?

I got close to finishing it, but, at least for me, there were some levels that were just excruciatingly difficult.
Finished Daylight on PS4 today. It's one of those games I probably wouldn't just play for myself but I figured that it could be fun to watch for my girlfriend and turns out that it was. That said, it's a pretty bad game. The first two sections of the game were pretty darn disturbing but once you figure out how the game works it's really more annoying than terrifying (and I guess it can be finished in like an hour if you just breeze through it). So it's just searching notes that put together a painfully generic Kingesque plot until you can advance to the next area. Ghosts keep popping up more and more often the closer you get to advancing to the next section which is kinda cool, I guess, but the way they work is rather silly since they only hurt you if you look at them and apparently they won't actively try to get in your view so one time I calmly walked to the objective while hearing footsteps following me, knowing that I'm perfectly safe. Not even close to the horror of Penumbra: Black Plague or Amnesia. Also, the main gameplay takes place in randomly generated mazes which is apparently meant to be the game's big main feature but is really its biggest flaw as the resulting levels are painfully monotonous and lacking in detail, not to mention the utter lack of any interesting interactions, especially puzzles. So yeah, not good. Also, it looks pretty bad for an Unreal Engine 4 game and runs like ass on the PS4.
Persona 5

A group of high school students discover an alternate reality called the "Metaverse" via a mysterious app on their phones.

If you've ever played a turn based JRPG or a previous Persona title then the gameplay will be familiar to you, all though with many improvements. Returning is the trusty Persona fusion mechanic, mythological demon battles and memorable boss fights that Shin Megami Tensei is known for, as well as a cast of very likable characters.

This time Personas are fantastically modeled and rendered in HD 3d. The interface, menu and graphics are truly a high point this time around as is the usually good music score. I felt it was a little lacking in high level end game content, and has been mentioned in a few reviews far too much dialog. But those are small issues to a generally great game, I think SMT: Nocturne with the Maniacs expansion is still superior.

Total playtime - 180hrs. Game no. 88 completed.
Post edited September 18, 2017 by bad_fur_day1
Sakura Fantasy Chap 1

So...mostly I was puzzled. The VN aspects of it all in all aren't bad after a dull start, and with a bit of work and flushing it out could actually appeal to a wider audience.

But the 'sex' is pretty awkwardly integrated into the story. And the art seems more targeted at...smaller audiences. The net effect is a bit disjointed.

It's also incredibly short. As the story goes, I was just kinda starting to be interested in whether there was an actually story coming together (uh, no pun intended) and going somewhere, and bam, it's over [spoiler alert] after roughly an hour.

I paid nothing for it, so NBD, but I can see anyone paying full retail price for it feeling they were shorted a bit there.
[moved]
Post edited September 22, 2017 by Matewis
bler144: Sakura Fantasy Chap 1

So...mostly I was puzzled. The VN aspects of it all in all aren't bad after a dull start, and with a bit of work and flushing it out could actually appeal to a wider audience.

But the 'sex' is pretty awkwardly integrated into the story. And the art seems more targeted at...smaller audiences. The net effect is a bit disjointed.

It's also incredibly short. As the story goes, I was just kinda starting to be interested in whether there was an actually story coming together (uh, no pun intended) and going somewhere, and bam, it's over [spoiler alert] after roughly an hour.

I paid nothing for it, so NBD, but I can see anyone paying full retail price for it feeling they were shorted a bit there.
so, you got that bundle too? :P
Puzzle Agent 1. Um, it's a game with puzzles in it with a Twin Peaks/X Files vibe to it.
Post edited September 21, 2017 by drmike
bler144: Sakura Fantasy Chap 1

IIRC Sakura Fantasy was supposed to have several chapters but they got cancelled. So unfortunately chapter 1 is just the beginning of a story that will never be concluded.
Post edited September 21, 2017 by Impaler26
tinyE: so, you got that bundle too? :P
Yeah, I'd heard Fantasy and Space were decent, but I only shelled out the $1.

So far Agent is pretty bad, but with the text set to auto I can practice music while letting it run.
Post edited September 21, 2017 by bler144
tinyE: so, you got that bundle too? :P
bler144: Yeah, I'd heard Fantasy and Space were decent, but I only shelled out the $1.

So far Agent is pretty bad, but with the text set to auto I can practice music while letting it run.
i got the patches for all of them. XD

They are AWFUL but screw it, they were cheap and I enjoy cheap crap. So sue me. :P
Impaler26: IIRC Sakura Fantasy was supposed to have several chapters but they got cancelled. So unfortunately chapter 1 is just the beginning of a story that will never be concluded.
Based on what I'm seeing playing Agent, perhaps they discovered their market was not reliant on the quality of story telling.
Crusaders of the Lost Idols

Like with any clicker/idle game, "finished" is really left up to the user because there aren't any specific goals to speak of. I think if I'd found it earlier in my ...now 3-4 month long idle phase, I probably would have been more compelled.

It's better than Sakura Clicker by far, more ambitious/polished than Crush Crush, and yet...at this point I'm kind of underwhelmed by it in comparison to Clicker Heroes. I know it's still technically in beta (despite release 2 years ago), but the whole design of the UI is clunky. It's not just lack of polish, I just really don't enjoy navigating it.

There are some new (to me) twists and features - equip-able gear for your heroes, crafting (really just modifying existing gear that I can see), and the strategy of various formations to shift between prioritizing dps/defense/gold is interesting. Conceptually. In execution I didn't find it that engaging. Other than party management, and the thematic art, there's really nothing RPG about this game at all, however.

I found the characters pretty forgettable, and other than "Gold panda" the buffs many characters bring isn't really tied to their name. I'm sure with a few dozen more hours playtime it would be something you memorize, but meh.

Sakura Agent

I mean, it's not THE worst game I've ever played.

Though really not much play to it. I think in the course of two hours of auto-text rolling across the screen I maybe made 7-8 decisions, and it's not clear any of them mattered.

So maybe it's more like being not the absolute worst movie I've ever watched.

But...it was pretty bad. The story was pretty consistently terrible, and even the art was very reliant on re-using the same assets. The female characters, except when disrobing, wear the same terrible outfits the entire game.

This also includes the adult female capable of using magic to fashion any clothes she chooses, and she chooses the same weird thing every day? Perhaps dev laziness excused on the basis that half of their target audience probably does not change clothes on any regular basis.

The enemy base - conveniently - even has a hallway that looks exactly like a hallway in your base! Neat! Even better, you get like 10 different stages of the story that take place in the (*(*&%# hallway.

I kind of knew it would be bad going in. There was like a 2 minute span where I thought it might turn and get interesting, but no. I imagine this is what I would feel like afterwards if I ever gave in and watched "Barb Wire."
Delta Force 2

A big improvement on the first game with improvements to the engine like grass, breakable glass and far more interesting structures. Overall the missions are also a lot more interesting than in the first game. However without the nostalgia factor I don't know that I would recommend this to anyone. If you want a realistic military simulator, then I guess operation flashpoint or the arma series would be a better bet.

Bully : Scholarship Edition

Second playthrough of this excellent game. If you've played GTA before you'll feel right at home, but that's not to say that it is a gta clone. You can't steal cars, picking fights with grown ups usually end badly and there are no lethal weapons of any kind. Instead you have things like stink bombs, sling shots and itching powder. Though there are cars and police on motorcycles you can't drive any of them. Instead you have to make do with your legs, a skateboard, several different kind of bikes, a scooter and towards the end of the game, a gokart.
It's a far more innocent game than any of the GTAs, and even though it is called 'Bully' and does allow some non-compulsory bullying, in Bully most of the time you are the one fighting the bullies to bring order to the school.

As per usual for Rockstar the game is filled to the brim with interesting characters with great voice acting that take you through a bit long winded, but interesting story with a satisfying conclusion. And also like the GTA games, there are loads you can do other than completing the main story line. It helps to make the world feel genuine imo and include activities such as:

- attend and pass classes (english, geography, math etc all in the form of quirky minigames) to gain various ingame bonuses (extra health from kissing girls, upgrading your chemistry set, extra clothing etc.)
- race other students around town in bike or gokart races
- start a snowball fight
- pursue romance with chocolates and flowers
- annoy/prank other children
- play games at the carnival to win tickets to buy posters for your room or an expensive scooter (as well as an assortment of other junk)
- mow lawns or deliver papers for extra money
- do other odd jobs around town for strangers (retrieve stolen bike, find missing dog etc.)
- check out different clothing stores, hair dressers and a tatoo 'artist' in the trailer park
- make your mark around town with cans of spraypaint
- pick fights with the various cliques
- play frisbee or other minigames with the other students
- complete the yearbook by looking for and taking pictures of every student
- obtain highscores in one of several crappy arcade games
- wander around the school/town to hear the weird things people and students are talking about : current events, gossip, reactions to your clothes or that you are skipping class, or just random small talk.
- explore and look for secrets/references

Where it drastically improves upon GTA is in the melee fighting, sense of progression and humor:
- There are several combos to unlock from headbutts to a swift knee to the balls to martial arts moves taught to you by a bum that lives behind the school.
- As for progression, you also unlock extra areas like in the GTA games, but in addition as you complete the storyline you start and finish game chapters that correspond to the four seasons: you start the game in fall, and end in summer. Apart from that your room in the dorm gradually fills with trophies until by the end when there are 30+, each telling its own story. Eg. an abacus from passing math class, boxing gloves from a successful boxing tournament, or a framed picture from a successfully pursued love interest.
- And finally humour. The random craziness of the school yard makes for several laugh-out-loud moments. For instance, this one time I walked into miss Danvers office, the principal's secretary, just as a bully ran in and threw a bag of marbles at her as she was standing behind a counter. Queue high heels in the air as miss Danvers falls her ass of behind the counter, only to get up and chase after the student shouting something about how this incident will be noted in his record.

It's not all praise however. The game starts off a bit slow, and several minigames can get tiring, even more so than in GTA. The fighting is a lot fun for the most part, but its way too easy to hurt innocent bystanders. Accidentally punching a little girl watching the fight unfold will invoke the full wrath of authorities. The control scheme wasn't optimized for a keyboard, so you have no choice but to scroll through your entire inventory every time you want to select a weapon/item.
And finally, you don't have as much freedom of movement compared to anything from GTA:SA onwards. That is, don't expect to traverse weird ledges to get to places you're not supposed to be. There are tons of places to explore make no mistake, but expect invisible walls to cut off a few places you might want to get to.
Post edited September 22, 2017 by Matewis
I finished a demo.... Yeah yeah, I know it is not a whole game but I am not buying BloodRayne 2 as I like the gameplay less than in the first game; just was curious about it. I think it took me four sittings to finish it spaced out over several weeks. It feels shaky with a mouse. I do not know what to say except time playing it does not feel wasted. Now back to the first game to attempt to get past the boss.
Themken: I finished a demo....
Most people who claimed to have played Duke3D all the way through have only ever played the demo.