It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money (PC)
I finished this DLC for the second time more than one week ago, but I forgot to report it here. Oh boy, how I hate this DLC. I hate everything in this DLC: the Cloud, the loudspeakers, no fast travel, Elijah himself... I only played it because there was one achievement I needed and the unlockable stuff. Worst New Vegas DLC in my opinion.

Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA)
Last night I beat the second round of the Pokémon League, so I can count this game as beaten. And the second round is just insane... The first round is easy to do, but the second round, no matter what you do, you're going to be horribly underleveled. The post game Sevii Islands don't grant enough experience to properly tackle the second round of the League, so I had to cheese it by using a shit ton of healing items and resetting the game various times. Overall, it's a fun game, though.
I've finished Duke Nukem 3D (to be specific, I've completed 3 episodes: L.A. Meltdown, Lunar Apocalypse, Shrapnel City). Thanks a lot to adamhm - I've received the game from one of his generous giveaways.

What about grandpa Duke?
☢ if you played as a kid, try the game once again, because there is a lot of content you've probably missed (nice story, great humour etc.)
☢ the game is tough or I'm just not tough enough - it was necessary for me to use cheat codes a few times, usually because of lack of ammo
☢ it took me about 16h to complete 3 aforementioned episodes, however it was always the most time-consuming to find a proper switch or doors ;)
☢ levels' design are absolutely fantastic and Lunar Apocalipse is real masterpiece; considering the tools available for developers 20 years ago, I'm really impressed with their imagination and creativity

List of all games completed in 2017.
Evil Genius

Someone told me if I liked it to dive strait into Ghost Master. Too tired to start tonight.
Dracula 5: The blood legacy
A continuation and improvement of Dracula 4. The puzzles are better and more challenging which means more fun, but the game is still pretty easy and short. Graphics, music, writing and voice acting are on pair with the fourth game.
At least it finishes the story started in the previous game, if nothing else.
7/10
RED ALERT 3
tinyE: RED ALERT 3
Cool, how was it? As fun as RA2? I've bought it on special but haven't started with it yet.
tinyE: RED ALERT 3
Matewis: Cool, how was it? As fun as RA2? I've bought it on special but haven't started with it yet.
It was okay. Fun, worth the price. I probably liked #2 a little more. #3 has a computer ally with you on all missions that sets up a separate base during all missions and works with you. It can be very helpful but it can also be kind of annoying.
Matewis: Cool, how was it? As fun as RA2? I've bought it on special but haven't started with it yet.
tinyE: It was okay. Fun, worth the price. I probably liked #2 a little more. #3 has a computer ally with you on all missions that sets up a separate base during all missions and works with you. It can be very helpful but it can also be kind of annoying.
The whole computer ally coop gimmick thing seems a bit weird yes. But as long as Gemma Atkinson gives the briefings for each level I won't mind :D
tinyE: It was okay. Fun, worth the price. I probably liked #2 a little more. #3 has a computer ally with you on all missions that sets up a separate base during all missions and works with you. It can be very helpful but it can also be kind of annoying.
Matewis: The whole computer ally coop gimmick thing seems a bit weird yes. But as long as Gemma Atkinson gives the briefings for each level I won't mind :D
Yes she does. :P Jenny McCarthy is a shit Tanya. Kari Wuhrer was WAY better.

Shout out to JK Simmons as the President. Unfortunately, as you'll see, his performance hits a little too close to home with regard to how things currently are.
tinyE: Yes she does. :P Jenny McCarthy is a shit Tanya. Kari Wuhrer was WAY better.

Shout out to JK Simmons as the President. Unfortunately, as you'll see, his performance hits a little too close to home with regard to how things currently are.
Kari Wuhrer rocked that role. In fact that's the movie I want to watch tonight: 8 Legged Freaks!

And don't worry, we've got our own shit president at the moment too :P
Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones

Hidden object point&click adventure game from polish Artifex Mundi studio. I hate their writing, but I really enjoy simple and relaxing gameplay of these. The game closes "Nightmares from the Deep" trilogy and is suprisingly long - it took me 7h to complete both base and bonus adventures. I'm usually launching Artifex Mundi games when I'm tired, I have only half an hour for gaming or just cannot focus on anything demanding. Games nicely fits to such moments.

Evoland
One of the most disappointing games I have ever played. The 'evolution' mechanic had promised an entertaining concept, until I realized that the devs did nothing with it. There is a total of ONE area where it alters gameplay, the rest might as well be superficial cosmetic upgrades for all they're worth.
Everything, and I do mean everything, is mediocre at best, often even below that in quality. Generic enemies, generic dungeons, generic battle systems, the single worst Diablo clone level I have seen and an almost complete lack of challenge(until you leave the tower at least).
An over-reliance on pointless collectibles, in-your-face references, pre-school level writing and characters with the depth of single-sheet toilet paper makes it ultimately not worth the hassle.
It bangs on your nostalgia(poorly) but delivers nothing of its own, everything is a reference or a bad joke; no originality.

In my humble opinion: not worth the money.
4/10
Post edited June 15, 2017 by benmar
Jade Empire

I'm not a fan of Biowares usual combat system in their games, the moshpit of people rushing towards one enemy with lots of pausing to cast spells. Jade Empire is a western rpg set in the east, the combat is based around using different types of martial arts and is more action orientated, you'll have to dodge, block, charge and attack in each bit of combat. It was probably my favourite combat system in a bioware game. The story see's you travel across the Jade Empire searching for your master who was kidnapped, you are joined by a series of the usual rag tagged companions who don't really belong anywhere. The story is pretty good. Even though you must pick a particular style of combat at the beginning you aren't restricted by it that much, which is good, as it allows you to branch out into the style you want across the whole game. There are a few controversial things, the removal of any sort of healing item, there aren't any accessories or armour like other rpg's either. Even though you have followers you only have one out at a time, they are also really only useful in combat as a distraction as they do barely any damage compared to the main player.

Unfortunately this is one of those games where the fighting isn't difficult except for a few battles are incredibly difficult, such as the moment when you must fight 15 demons without a follower. The final boss fight is also a real pain because he'll spam status problems, as well as having the power to freeze time without warning. In fact at one point he froze time, paralyzed me, then proceeded to attack until I was dead, as far as I know there is little that can be done to stop the status problems so it was really infuriating. Also certain parts of the story don't make sense, the game will assume you've done certain things often relating to followers. One of my followers thanked me for freeing her from a demon, which I don't recall ever happening. The ending screen also informs you of something that happens that contradicts what one of your followers says just before the end.

Though the best bit in the game is where you must challenge Sir Rodrick Ponce von Fottlebottom 'the' Magnificent Bastard (Played by John Cleese) to a debate. I think that bit alone justifies the amount I paid for it on sale (Woot!).
Dungeon Rats

That's the week of closing many opened adventures for me. Yesterday and today I spend a few hours to fight my way to the end of Dungeon Rats - it all summed up to about 27h in my case. It's great tactical game in Age of Decadence setting of Roman empire, with dark atmosphere, hypnotizing music and quite demanding gameplay. Worth trying, if you like a little challenge and enjoy games with failure being one of possible ending, like it was in good old games ;)

Call of Duty World at War on PC.

A year ago I played this game on PS3 (I didn't know there was a PC version), but I got stuck when in a level where you had to destroy Japanese tanks with a Bazooka I couldn't pick up new ammo due to a bug, so the level became incompletable. But this winter I discovered the CoD World War 2 pack on Humble Bundle, that not only had CoD 1 and 2, but also World at War, for PC. And luckily I didn't encounter a bug this time.

I liked the game for it's fast and brutal action. It takes place in the final stages of World War 2 on the Eastern front and in the Pacific theatre. The fighting between the Germans and the Russians was especially brutal due to the atrocities the Germans committed in Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union and the lust for revenge of the Russian soldiers. In the Pacific theatre you have the ferociousness of the Japanese soldiers in World War 2. Both get very well depicted in the game and create a rush of adrenaline while playing. On the Eastern Front Reznov, who reappears in other Call of Duty games, urges you on to strike hard and fast at the Germans. In the Pacific theatre, the scene is set straight away in the first scene of the game as Japanese soldiers execute an American prisoner of war. The American from who's point of view you watch the callous murder gets rescued in time however and he's the one your playing the game in the Pacific with (most of the time). You can feel the anxiety of the American as you play the game from the sudden ambushes of the Japanese and their Banzai attacks. On the Eastern Front, the hatred between the German and Russian enemies gets depicted by the merciless killing of wounded and captive enemy soldiers. All in all an intense game.

The weak part of Call of Duty World at War is there isn't really much of a story, but you might say in it's defence the whole Second World War is the background story. By realistic depiction of the fighting, the real battles your fighting (instead of imaginary battles like in the more recent Call of Duty games) and the real World War 2 footage shown in between the gameplay, it's the real intensity and anxiety of the war that provides the story.

Gameplay is smooth, each weapon feels different and though I don't know how they handle in real life, feel historically accurate. You don't get to fight with fast automatic weapons all the time, there's also bolt-action weapons in the game that fire much slower and when ammo of a weapon you like is spent, you often have no alternative but to pick a weapon from the ground and make do with weapons from fallen enemies or comrades. And when you do use an automatic weapon, it's obvious straight away a machine pistol is not much use beyond short range, so you need to pick a weapon according to the kind of fight your expecting around the next corner or over the next field.

There's also a multiplayer mode and a zombie mode in the game, but those are disliked genres by me, so I only played the single player campaign and it was a sound and engaging experience.