Boy will I have a hard time to define this game!! You could say it's a mix between an adventure game, an HOG and a "Myst-like" game, in a way. What is sure is:
- that it's short: 3 hours and a half to complete it 100%, no replay value
- that it's beautiful: the Unreal engine is mastered and frankly, it's really nice
- that it's completely WTF and out there, to the point I can't tell you anything about the scenario without spoiling it, except that you "wake up" in a corn field near a farm
- that it's brilliantly funny, in a british humour way. So, mileage may vary, you might hate it if it's not your kind of humour, but I had a blast (except Vladdy. Vladdy is a bit annoying at times. But I forgive him, because I'm not so stupid, after all)
- that you can't really "lose" the game, as is, you won't ever stay blocked for long, so, it's quite friendly.
To sum up, I was really surprised in a good way by that "game" (?), even if I must confess I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. I got it in the last monthly humble bundle, and that's one of the reasons I'll continue with them, because if they can make me discover such little gems, they deserve my money (and the devs too)! So, if you like wacky humour, if you like reading funny atmosphere texts, if you want a game that won't take too much of your time, maybe Maize is for you!
So far in 2017: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2017/post15