It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sam and Max Save the World. I still prefer the original game, but this was entertaining. I think it took until about episode 4 before the game really found its own groove. The prior episodes were funny but always felt a bit off in terms of the puzzle design or the settings or whatever. The graphics were okay - again, I prefer the original 2D game as I think that style will always capture the feel of Purcell's art better than 3D.
Way of The Samurai 4, all endings, weapons, and nightcrawls done.
benmar: Septerra core
*nods* about the backtracking and tediousness of the "dungeons", but still remember it for the combination card magic thing and, maybe even more so, for assembling a party of characters that hate each other so badly they will reject your control and attack each other instead of the enemy in battles until you manage to settle their differences. A tad over the top there (but still, did any other game try that?), but working with the gameplay style they had it seems quite a way to press the fact that they got together purely out of necessity, each wanting something some, but hardly all, of the others are needed for. It'd be interesting to see that a bit more, and done better, preferably.
benmar: Septerra core
Cavalary: *nods* about the backtracking and tediousness of the "dungeons", but still remember it for the combination card magic thing and, maybe even more so, for assembling a party of characters that hate each other so badly they will reject your control and attack each other instead of the enemy in battles until you manage to settle their differences. A tad over the top there (but still, did any other game try that?), but working with the gameplay style they had it seems quite a way to press the fact that they got together purely out of necessity, each wanting something some, but hardly all, of the others are needed for. It'd be interesting to see that a bit more, and done better, preferably.
Agreed.

But only two characters have the "hate" issues: Corgan and Led.
I understand why Corgan hates Selina, after all, she led the attack on Corgans home town and actively attacked the party.
But with Led it's just a stupid prejudice to a nation her homeland had been at war with; and for something that Lobo could not had influenced.
P.s. despite Lobo being a killing machine, I consider him to be the most humane and likable character in the game.
Finished two games.

Please Don't Touch Anything: An original concept that quickly bored me. I played it something like 10-20 minutes and lost interest.

Legend of Grimrock: I am disappointed. The game starts great but quickly become too repetitive with few variations in the levels / enemies, Benny Hill-style fights (enemies are too strong so I move in square to hit them while they move and then move away), puzzles too complicated (there are some impossible near the end). In the end it's an ok game but nowhere near as good as Lands of Lore.
God of War. It's a very nice-looking, well-produced beat-em-up but I wasn't entirely feeling it and by the end I was really just playing to get it over with. It's pretty long for the genre and it often bogs down in those stupid "slowly push block here" puzzles and some ill-advised platforming sections ("Hey, we've got this great fighting game engine. What could push it over the top? A-ha! Awkward platforming with instant deaths!"). I also got exasperated by the game's insistence on respawning enemies after you've cleaned out the initial batch in a room. I don't mean that they respawn if you backtrack, but that guys just sort of grow out of the ground after you've already killed their predecessors. It felt like the game was being padded ("How can we make this game last longer? Eh, just throw more dudes into it..."). Oh yes, and quicktime events. Not a fan of those. The camera occasionally screws you over by not allowing you to see what's hitting you.

The story is the usual hash made out of Greek mythology. It wants you to sympathize with Kratos but I thought he was just a roid-raging asshole who probably deserved worse than he got *shrug*

It actually is pretty cool, though, when you get the hang of the fighting system and you're doing lengthy combos. The core gameplay is fine. It's just that it has pacing issues.
Finished a Civ 1 game on emperor difficulty with Rome and a Civ 3 game on Monarch level with Greece. Civ 3 is way better than I remember, perhaps because I never played with the expansions. The only thing I really, really miss from Civ 4 is the diplomacy system.

Civ 1 is surprisingly playable after all these years as well, and I spent nearly two full days completely engrossed in my roman playthrough. Unfortunately I didn't manage to max out the palace, only getting 33 of 37 possible upgrades:
http://imgur.com/9VWyXkd
Witcher 3:Hearts of Stone

Really amazing expansion to an already brilliant game.Adds more content and missions to the game.The
main quest plot is amazing to play.It's at kept me up until 7am than I had to go to work level of good.
Velocity 2X doesn't stray far from the path of its predecessor, Velocity Ultra. It's also another futuristic vertical shoot-em-up where you'll have to navigate difficult terrain via your powers of scroll-boosting and teleportation, rescue survivors and blast enemies to smithereens with your gun and bombs. The major addition is the on-foot sections, where you'll be taking direct control of the blonde, jumpsuit-wearing heroine, S̶a̶m̶u̶s̶ ̶A̶r̶a̶n̶ Kai Tana.

When does it occur, though? While scroll-boosting and teleporting through the stages, you'll come across various hangars that you'll have to enter in order to proceed through the stages (because they contain one of those numbered switches that are necessary to destroy in order to disable a force field). Once inside, the game essentially becomes a sidescrolling run-and-gun platformer. Unlike the ship sections, the screen won't be automatically scrolling, so there is no scroll-boosting here, but just a running function. You'll still be navigating difficult terrain via teleportation and jumps, blasting enemies to smithereens with your gun and rescuing surv--errr, I mean collecting crystals.

Other than the above addition, the sequel is prettier (yay for the nice explosions, though the enemy design is still nothing to write home about) and easier, because you no longer have limited lives; you can just keep on going with the stage till you complete it or the time runs out. Hitting switches is also more forgiving this time around, as hitting one in the wrong order won't reset your progress.

Having said that, it becomes a different story if you are planning to perfect the stages. The addition of the on-foot sections makes some of the stages larger than before, adding more stuff to memorize. On top of that, Kai Tana is far more prone to instant deaths than her ship and making a single misstep will have you restarting large stages time and time again. Being careful can only take you so far when you need to hurry and perform tricky teleportations (with the kinda wonky short-range teleport requiring a bit too much precision at times).

In the end, I would have preferred if the main game was harder than the previous one without requiring that you go crazy with level perfection.

Full list.

P.S.: I played the game on PC this time around. The default controls were all kinds of confusing (hampered farther by the gamepad-only command prompts), so I resorted to a gamepad. Compared to the Vita, it was noticeably easier to line up bombs, but other than that, it controlled about the same.

Link to the official site:
http://velocitygame.co.uk/
Post edited January 24, 2017 by Grargar
<span class="bold">Duke Nukem Forever</span> (Steam)

After the first couple hours or so of play I was thinking of quitting due to the linear levels, regenerating health, and boss fights. However, the humour kept me going and I’m very glad I did (yes, I enjoyed the puerile humour). There is a lot of variety in the environments, the driving sections in particular were very fun. I initially found the shooting somewhat lacklustre and unsatisfying, but it grew on me the more I played. Sure, it’s not nearly as good as “Duke Nukem 3D”, but it’s still fun nevertheless.

Overall I’d rate it “OK”.
Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy

After re-watched all star wars movies lately. I felt wannabe a Jedi, so I picked the game up from my backlog.
This game is the most real and fun light saber game I have ever played in any star wars games.
I almost use light saber, with which It is quite fun to kill our white friends
Later stages were quite difficult because almost all enemies were Sith sword fighters too. I often use speed skill to boost for them. It lost good tempo on early games.
Also I sometimes lost where I am in some large maze levels, but I've heard prequel was more brutal for it.

My full list

(edited: add the game title)
Post edited January 20, 2017 by yoshino
yoshino: After re-watched all star wars movies lately. I felt wannabe a Jedi, so I picked the game up form my backlog.
This game is the most real and fun light saber game I have ever played in any star wars games.
Later stages were quite difficult because almost all enemies were Sith sword fighters too. I often use speed skill to boost for them. It lost good tempo on early games.
Also I sometimes lost where I am in some large maze levels, but I've heard prequel was more brutal for it.

My full list
Can you tell us the game's name? The tension is killing me!
Post edited January 19, 2017 by Grargar
yoshino: After re-watched all star wars movies lately. I felt wannabe a Jedi, so I picked the game up form my backlog.

My full list
Grargar: Can you tell us the game's name? The tension is killing me!
Well, it is posted on the linked list, so guess that was thought to be enough? :)

And yeah, lightsaber use sure felt done quite right in that one.
Also, remember making a looooot of use of force drain. If things got bad, try to stay away from enemy and with maxed drain keep healing while doing damage, and it worked eventually, even if it definitely lacked the cool factor of up close lightsaber duels.
Cavalary: Well, it is posted on the linked list, so guess that was thought to be enough? :)
I asked it in last year's thread (and almost nobody listened to me :P) but I'm gonna do it again: I'd highly appreciate it if everybody provided a link to the game that's being reviewed or even mentioned. I know it's not a lot of work to Google it (even though it can get tricky for games with pretty generic names), but neither is adding a URL to the post, and it'd really help discover new games, especially if the opinion in the post is good. :)

My full list
Oh! I forget to mention it.my apology. It is Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy
I edited my post.
Post edited January 19, 2017 by yoshino