It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Jan 28 - The Secret Order 4: Beyond Time
Feb 16 - Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders
Mar 12 - Panopticon: Path of Reflections
Mar 13 - Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood
Mar 15 - The Other Side: Tower of Souls
Mar 26 - The Saint: Abyss of Despair
Apr 12 - Demon Hunter 2: New Chapter
Apr 13 - Mandagon
Apr 14 - Super Furball
Apr 16 - Paper Monsters Recut
Apr 17 - Sigils of Elohim
Apr 22 - Super 3-D Noah's Ark - Finished on normal.
Apr 26 - Duet - Finished "Story" and that's all the more I feel like playing the game.
May 2 - Gryphon Knight Epic - Finished on Squire.
Jul 12 - Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past
Jul 17 - Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom
Jul 20 - Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery
Aug 6 - Eternal Journey: New Atlantis
Aug 15 - Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers
Aug 24 - Questerium - Sinister Trinity
Sep 10 - The Esoterica: Hollow Earth
Oct 1 - Endless Fables: The Minotaur's Curse
Dec 3 - panGEMic
Dec 8 - Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena
Post edited December 09, 2017 by adambiser
Tiberian Sun

Just finished one of my favourite and most atmospheric RTS games. Since it is a widely known game from a widely known series, I guess there is little point to write a detailed review here (unless it gets released on GOG someday so I'll write one then).

The strong points of this game are:
• it's atmosphere (great graphics & lighting effects by the way, especially in higher resolutions)
• it's hostile world
• it's story (while not super original, it is told via FMVs that feature a quite impressive cast of actors such as James Earl Jones & Michael Biehn)
• it's soundtrack which fits very nicely in the sci-fi setting
• it's gameplay which while it isn't as refined as in RA2, it's great nonetheless and fast paced.

The weak points are:
• some difficulty spikes in the campaign where some missions are brutal until you find the right way to play them
• the slowdown experienced by having built a big army (no matter how fast your PC is)
• a couple glitches here and there

Overall, a great game which is recommended to anyone looking for an un-complicated but fun RTS.

ps. The game features a Skirmish mode.

..:: 2017 list ::..
Post edited January 13, 2017 by Vythonaut
The Shivah

Short point & click. I liked the opening, where a religious leader is having a crisis of faith, but that just becomes a footnote to the plot, and instead it becomes a fairly thin whodunit.

Locations are sparse, with little interaction. In fact, nearly all interactions are either conversations or logging into computers and "hacking" into email accounts. There's few locations, just a handful of characters, and really only one path through the story (although there are some choices to make, there's clearly a right choice for every branch). Also, the clues mechanic is something I thought was good, but it is only used for a portion of the game, and then it is just visiting locations until the endgame.

I liked the main character -Rabbi Stone- and everyone else is just there to prop the plot up. It's not illogical, it's not hard, and there are no mazes or time limits, or minigames. The game does hang a lot on the opening quote in terms of gameplay, but I found that cute more than anything.

If you are a big P&C fan and need a bite-sized whodunit, then I can recommend.
Post edited January 13, 2017 by ofthenexus
xa_chan: Delicious: Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire

Delicious is pretty well realized, but quite unnerving because when you start a game, you cannot know if you will be able to complete it. There is no real strategy, since you can't know which tile is under the tile you hesitate to remove. And since there is no reshuffle option, it's a bit of a die&retry game...
Impaler26: I know this comes too late but actually there is a reshuffle option in this game. ;)

Just play it in easy mode which removes the timer and gives you 3 re-shuffles per round.
Oh, didn't even know there was an easy mode! Thanks for the heads up ! :)
Thief 2: The Metal Age

Similar to the first game but it's improved imo. They got rid of the frustrating undead and the animals and brought in robot guards and security cameras. Guards won't suddenly turn around if you move 1 step on a tiled floor which was another frustration from the last game. The level design is vastly improved, there are less 'Wander aimlessly through this cavern', any locations you wouldn't have the map for you gradually fill one in as you go along. I only have 1 complaint, and that was the last level. There was so much back tracking going from one end of the map to the other, at one point I fell into a dark tunnel and it was so dark, and I didn't have a flare, and there was no visible way back up. The last level also had a huge spike in difficulty, without quick saves I would have gotten so frustrated, a 3 story high platforming section, rooms that as soon as you walk in there's already two huge robots staring at you and then a room full of turrets shooting bombs and saw blades at you. Besides that 2 hour long level of pain, it's a great game, even for its age, and I'd recommend it.
Chroma Squad (I played the HB version)

The game has a very light and humorous tone, and I found it very reminiscent of “Knights of Pen and Paper”, both in the pixel art style and in the fact that there is a meta-game layered on top (In KoP&P your team are people playing characters in a D&D game, in CS they are stunt actors playing characters in a TV series). I realised afterwards that both games are from the same developer, so that explains a lot :).

There are two main components of the game: fights (which are mostly turn-based tactical combat), and management (which mostly consists of purchasing upgrades for your team). Both are quite simple, not complicated at all, and most importantly fun.

Overall I enjoyed the game a lot and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it :)!
Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham City - Harley Quinn's Revenge
World in Conflict
World in Conflict: Soviet Assault
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers – 20th Anniversary Edition
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition Deluxe
Grand Theft Auto V
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point
Sleeping Dogs: Year of the Snake
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
The Walking Dead: Season One
The Walking Dead: 400 Days
The Walking Dead: Season Two
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
Post edited March 14, 2019 by thebream
Master of Orion

So, I'm having a 4X phase right now and trying to relive the history of the genre. After Civilization I've now finished a long session of Master of Orion. The original, which I had never played before. Well, that was something. I certainly better understand now what happened with Master of Orion 3 as they were apparently trying to go back to the roots there. Anyway, despite being unable to construct individual buildings on planets and stuff I actually really enjoyed the game. Research, ship building, diplomacy, tactical battles, everything was there and worked pretty great and I do appreciate that they didn't clone Civilisation quite as much there as in Master of Orion 2.
Bastion

So, I didn't really enjoy Bastion. It far outstayed it's welcome for me, and was probably twice too long at about 6 hours. There's a new game plus, and I might go beat the challenge levels I didn't finish, but even that sounds meh.
Need For Speed: Underground 2

Completed the game tonight, for a second time, last time was 2008/9. This time I enjoyed it, but at started to feel like a slog when I hit about 60-65% of the game completion rate. Might one day (if I'm bored enough) try and complete it again using the Hard setting, medium was way too easy. Beating Caleb with 20seconds wasn't fun
FTL.

An otherwise great game ruined by the final boss fight.
I...guess I've finished Grim Dawn? I ran out of quests (other than one faction side quest), and killed what is apparently the last boss.

Edit - confirmed, finished regular playthrough. Some things to like and some I didn't. Going to play a bit of end-game content and try a different character before rending final judgment.
Post edited January 16, 2017 by bler144
Include Me

[Reserved] I haven't finished anything yet, but I do want to keep track of them, so please keep me here!
Post edited January 16, 2017 by Cardskeeper
Pokemon Y

Carves out a nice niche for itself in the list of jrpg series. It's extremely pretty, all Pokemon excellently modeled and rendered in 3d. I was impressed with the 3d display on the 3DS, no glasses or anything needed.

It seems very simple on the surface with Pokemon only having four moves, but it's surprisingly deep underneath.

Seems like the consensus is the extra end game content flat out cheats with impossible stats, higher percentage moves and perfect counters to your lineups so i thought I'd call it quits.

Playtime was about 100 hours. Worth getting a 3DS for.
Septerra core
I have replayed this game for the third time now, but make no mistake, I haven't replayed it because it's good, far from it, but purely out of nostalgia.
I liked the way magic is used and the inclusion of adventure-styled inventory puzzles. Unfortunately, that is where the positives, as far as I'm concerned, end.
The game's biggest problem is that it greatly overstays it's welcome. Dungeon after dungeon, pallet swapped enemy after pallet swapped enemy, it just keeps going on and on.
I wish I could say the story is interesting, but the bad and cliched writing overshadows what good it may have. The last quarter of the game is where the designers and writers obviously gave up trying as most quests and dungeons are pure padding and nothing else. For example: you have to go through multiple dungeons to retrieve a device that will never be used, through multiple dungeons to retrieve legendary swords that you will never have to use, through multiple dungeons to stop a doomsday device that you won't be able to stop and so on, and on, and on. No matter what the game tells you to do or through how many dungeons you have to go to achieve it, at the end you will most likely say: "we didn't even had to bother."
And Marduk himself help you if you don't know what items or party members you will need in dungeons, because you will backtrack the hell out of this already backtrack-heavy game.
Septerra will test your patience more than anything else. And after my third playthrough in seven years, my patience is exhausted, probably for ever.
If you want role-playing games on GOG or anywhere else, there are so many more better options than this.
4/10
Post edited January 16, 2017 by benmar