It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bastion

Pro:
+ pretty
+ soundtrack
+ later on, story becomes interesting
+ narration
+ short (~10 hours) and easy, which are on this list because of item 2 on the next one

Con:
+ western styling
+ gameplay is unimaginative, becomes tiresome after a few hours
+ early on, story drags
+ you get jumping only on the very last level, complete with annoying platforming segment
+ could have used a more conclusive ending, a single screen felt cheap (and looked poorly made)

3/5, worth a shot.
Leroux: Btw, in case you haven't noticed, there's a free demo on Steam if you want try and see whether the game appeals to you at all.
Ah, I totally didn't consider that option, thanks! Will check out the demo for sure, best way to make a judgement.

genkicolleen: Tell me that you've played The Swapper -- it's exactly what you're describing, and the game is incredible in general!
I've completely ignored The Swapper in the past, last time it was on sale I wasn't interested in platformers but now that I've rediscovered the genre (lenient modern puzzle platformers, not old school aggravating platformers designed to rob you of your last coin at the arcade), this looks just like my kinda game, so insta-wishlist. Thanks for the tip!
awalterj: Ah, I totally didn't consider that option, thanks! Will check out the demo for sure, best way to make a judgement.

I've completely ignored The Swapper in the past, last time it was on sale I wasn't interested in platformers but now that I've rediscovered the genre (lenient modern puzzle platformers, not old school aggravating platformers designed to rob you of your last coin at the arcade), this looks just like my kinda game, so insta-wishlist. Thanks for the tip!
Oops! I totally forgot about the demo! haha

To entice you even more RE: The Swapper, here is my review (no spoilers, of course):
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post169
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Took me some time to beat the last boss, but I finally did it and completed this game.

I have to say that I enjoyed the game very much. The story is a little weird (but still understandable), but the graphics are beautiful and the soundtrack is amazing (especially when you consider that the whole game was made by just three people). But the best thing is that the difficulty is ver well balanced. Pretty often I thought that it would be impossible for me to make progress, but then I found a new area (that wasn't accessible before) or a new item that helped me with my task.
Same goes for the bossfights: On my first try I had no chance most of the times and thought I will never beat them. But then I took a closer look at their movement and patterns and after some tries I found the right strategy and was able to bring down everyone of them.

I don't like that some of the events were time-based. For example I missed an important boss, because I didn't know that he would only be in certain areas during a certain time span.
The only other negative point are the controls which were ok, but could have been tighter.

Hope there will be a sequel in the future.

Complete list of finished games in 2015
Brink of Consciousness: The Dorian Gray Syndrome

Boo! Hiss! Terrible! Shame on you, devs! Well, to be fair, it was a good, well thought out plot with great voicing and nice visuals. On the other hand, there is a game breaking bug that can't be fixed over 90% of the way into the game. Based on internet findings, this appears to be a random bug. You either get it or you don't and since you can't manually save, you are screwed if you get it. Uninstall, delete, hate on devs forever :P I stand behind all kind of garbage and bugs given the devs actually patch it out over time, but with this game hitting the 3 year mark, a game ending bug is not acceptable nor forgivable. BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
World of Goo (Linux)

I seldomly come back to games I already finished since I've got such great games waiting in my list, but this one is perfect for picking it up and finishing a level every other week.
This was my second playthrough, the first one was in Windows, then I've gotten the Linux port via GoG, gave away my Windows only retail copy to someone in dire need of good games and started playing the Linux port on this system.
Since my screen has become a bit bigger, the pixel density and perspective was less nice than in my first playthrough, but it's still a cute and awesome physics puzzler.

I think this was my first indie title after "Thread Marks" (which I've gotten boxed years ago and GoG still lacks) and is still one of the top 20 indies out there imho. Everyone who hasn't played it yet should do so, it's available on practically every platform by now.

List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
Post edited April 28, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Just finished Two World (1)!
Graphic
Started playing TW just after finishing Risen 1: at the beginning the graphic of TW1 looks so outdated but after seeing some of the landscapes it can offer, I definitely like it! (especially the bloom in the desert and the foggy dead forest)
Combat
Loved the combat sistem, which I found simple to use but very effective, and also the magic system: every time is possibile to mix spells and empowerments to create even more powerful attaks.
And when I thought my pure fire mage character was invincible and the game was becoming boring, I found some fireproof skeleton that made me change my project and that turn my pure mage in a warrior-mage (!!!) that uses melee weapons but overpowered by magic/insane rised force (of course the defense was very, very, very weak, but this was not a problem!).
It's a shame that I haven't found all the spells available, I would gladely try all of them!
Moreover, is possibile to combine the same kind of equipment piece to make one more powerful!
Story
The main quest can be completed in some hour but tons of side quest that helps to enpower the character (though some of them was quite buggy, so I really haven't understood what to do to complete) and allow to travel along the big map, to find some hidden teleport/shrine or just a cave to loot (but forget to find the "mini boss" in every cave).
I'm very disappointed about the finale... not for the story but for the "boss"! (no spoiler)

In the end, I think is a good game, with few bugs, and with many good point... just a question remains in my mind: why this game is called Two World?????
Finished One Finger Death Punch. One of those "easy to learn, hard to master" games. It was fun and quite addictive though I almost quit once or two. I beat the game on student difficulty but I don't wanna continue with the other difficulty modes as it gets repetitive in the end.

Full list here.
Professor Layton and The Curious Village

Cute puzzle game by Level5 for the Nintendo DS. I can't think of any better puzzle games. One of the best on the DS.
Empress of the deep

Puzzle/HOG game. Very short (2h, less if you're quick at thinking), no replayability, since you will unlock all the achievements in your first run. Plus the story ends on a cliffhanger. And also, the resolution is small, so sometimes it's quite hard to find the things in the HOG sections.

Still, it's quite charming. So, i'd say worth a try if you have a couple of hours to kill and can get it at a discount price. Otherwise don't bother.

EDIT> and while I was at it, I also finished its sequel, Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale

Much better than the first game, in terms of almost everything. Better graphics, interesting story... but still a cliffhanger. And I don't thing there has been a part 3 already, right? Anyway, while it's not mandatory to play the first part before that one, I still recommend it, at least in terms of story.

Good game, all in all.

So far in 2015: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post2
Post edited April 29, 2015 by xa_chan
Just finished Men of War: Assault Squad. I love this series.
Finished Pillars of Eternity a few days ago. I backed this one on Kickstarter heavily. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out to be a game that I feel I'll come back to and play again and again (I'm actually not really that motivated to play through a second time). Anyway, while I was disappointed with the final game, I don't regret backing it and I see real potential for the expansion and any sequels. So I'm hoping for some substantial work/improvements from Obs in the future.

Full list: Here.
Updated my post, as I am temporarily taking a break from Icewind Dale.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post576
Sokobond
I will mark this one as completed. There are still three of the bonus levels left for which I can't find the solution, but I've finished all regular levels and the rest of the bonus levels (141 levels in total).

I would say that this is a very relaxing puzzle game that you can play after a hard day's work or when you don't feel like playing something overly complex or difficult. Most of the puzzles can be solved by error and trial (as you can always try stuff and rewind your moves when it doesn't work). You don't need any advanced knowledge in chemestry, but it might help if you have at least a very basic knowledge.

I would like to see an editor for this game. I'm sure that the community would come up with a lot of interesting and challenging levels.

Complete list of finished games in 2015
BillyMaysFan59: Updated my post, as I am temporarily taking a break from Icewind Dale.
I took a break from Icewind Dale once, about 12 years ago. Give or take. Someday I may try playing it again, from the start of course. This is always my downfall with RPGs, much as I love them. Currently trying to not take a break from Sacred.