It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soccorro: Outlaws! :D
Austrobogulator: How is it? How does it compare to other FPSs of the time?
Its awesome. The cutscenes are well made. the gameplay is somewhat fast paced and your character dies rather quick. Oh and there is a "boss" at the end of nearly every level. ALSO! In the first 2 or 3 missions, you get to fight in those wild west clishé towns :D
Euro Truck Simulator 2. This is a review of someone who has only 4 hours into the game but played a lot of the demo.

Ah yes the simulation genre,a genre that became almost a parody of itself with it's inherited glitchy physics,broken gameplay and just plain boring.
Then why is EUTS2 such a game that garnered the love of a lot of people? Why is this game so compelling and addicting to many,even out of the sim genre? And why is it getting favorable reviews across the board?
The answer is simple:It's fun. Different from it's brothers,EUTS2 developer,SCS,kept in mind that the game is this,a game. It's not incredably boring like the rest of the simulation games out there.
For example,a trip from Milan to Salzburg takes about 40m instead of the 8 real life hours it takes to get there. And the game is also very deep with it's RPG mechanics and several levels of how realistic you want it to be.
The game is also open ended on how you want to proceed with the said mechanics,you can be a dangerous materials trucker or deliver canned good across the Old Continent.
There very few bugs and the A.I can be dumb at times but overral they react quite nicely.
And special mention the the beautiful graphics and optmization. On my low end laptop,it runs like a dream on the medium settings.
Should you pick this up? I think so. I might have a playtime of 3 hours but I know that I've made the right purchase but keep in mind that this game may not please you if you're not into this sort of thing.
Finished Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

For a game that was released more than ten years ago, it has aged gracefully like wine. Much better than most of the hack and slash games being made today.
Finished Broken Age. It was everything I expected.

And by that I mean that is was whimsical, funny, beautiful, full of things to point and click on, and painfully short.

There is no ending, what we have is a cliffhanger. And as cliffhangers go this one achieves its purpose beautifully. Which is to leave you screaming at the heavens in frustration at being told to wait for the rest of the story just when it got really interesting.

And yet, even considering that it's only half a game it still feels too short, seriously, think of the first act of monkey island 2 and that's about how long it feels.
l0rdtr3k: Euro Truck Simulator 2. This is a review of someone who has only 4 hours into the game but played a lot of the demo.

Ah yes the simulation genre,a genre that became almost a parody of itself with it's inherited glitchy physics,broken gameplay and just plain boring.
Then why is EUTS2 such a game that garnered the love of a lot of people? Why is this game so compelling and addicting to many,even out of the sim genre? And why is it getting favorable reviews across the board?
The answer is simple:It's fun. Different from it's brothers,EUTS2 developer,SCS,kept in mind that the game is this,a game. It's not incredably boring like the rest of the simulation games out there.
For example,a trip from Milan to Salzburg takes about 40m instead of the 8 real life hours it takes to get there. And the game is also very deep with it's RPG mechanics and several levels of how realistic you want it to be.
The game is also open ended on how you want to proceed with the said mechanics,you can be a dangerous materials trucker or deliver canned good across the Old Continent.
There very few bugs and the A.I can be dumb at times but overral they react quite nicely.
And special mention the the beautiful graphics and optmization. On my low end laptop,it runs like a dream on the medium settings.
Should you pick this up? I think so. I might have a playtime of 3 hours but I know that I've made the right purchase but keep in mind that this game may not please you if you're not into this sort of thing.
i totally agree, is not for everyone, but i find it so relaxing, just driving all alone with the sound of the engine, or if you want you can run mp3s of whatever you may desire to hear at the moment ( podcasts for me ) and for really exciting gameplay, set the rain chance really high.
Bioshock Infinite.
Is quite good if a little overrated.
Yes,the twist is surprising but the game is incredably simple that made me lose interest a lot throughout the narrative.
I think that's what Infinite goes for,narrative over gameplay but unlike Metal Gear,the gameplay is so basic and by the numbers that it couldn't hold my attention for much long.
I liked the way it touched on subjects like racism. It was nice that the narrative went so far to show how it really is.
Unfortunetely,it goes all to waste because the story is focused on preparing for the twist instead of focusing on said themes.
The gameplay,as said above,is basic. The salts are just the plasmids with a different name and unlike the plasmids,the salts are not integrated into the narrative like the first two Bioshock games.Sure,you have your Big Daddy like enemies(handyman) and "special" enemies that use salts but it's irrelevant to the story.
Should you pick it up,yes but only for the story. If you want deep gameplay,look somewhere else.
l0rdtr3k: Bioshock Infinite.
Is quite good if a little overrated.
Yes,the twist is surprising but the game is incredably simple that made me lose interest a lot throughout the narrative.
I think that's what Infinite goes for,narrative over gameplay but unlike Metal Gear,the gameplay is so basic and by the numbers that it couldn't hold my attention for much long.
I liked the way it touched on subjects like racism. It was nice that the narrative went so far to show how it really is.
Unfortunetely,it goes all to waste because the story is focused on preparing for the twist instead of focusing on said themes.
The gameplay,as said above,is basic. The salts are just the plasmids with a different name and unlike the plasmids,the salts are not integrated into the narrative like the first two Bioshock games.Sure,you have your Big Daddy like enemies(handyman) and "special" enemies that use salts but it's irrelevant to the story.
Should you pick it up,yes but only for the story. If you want deep gameplay,look somewhere else.
I quite agree.

As far as shooters on rails go, it's quite good. And the floating city gimmick allows for some outrageous rail mechanics, and jumps à la Errol Flynn, which is always fun. The story is not bad in itself and the graphics are beautiful, there's a certain magical charm to computerized early 20th century architecture, that's also floating in the sky.

But the [sarcasm] twist [/sarcasm] ending is horrible to the point of being offensive. Not only was it obvious as hell, (come on, who didn't see it coming, besides it's made even clearer in the audio logs). It's convoluted, makes no sense, and its awkwardness is hand-waved by means of throwing the word quantum at you until you submit.

The problem is that you can't separate the game from the story and enjoy the shooty bits (well, not entirely), because as has been pointed out, too much of the game is geared towards bringing about that stupid Shyamalan-like 'tweest' ending, that you can't help but facepalm at the absurdity of it all.
Post edited March 22, 2015 by j0ekerr
Titan Attacks! PS Vita

A nice Galaga clone. Of course it's all about scoring, but overall the game plays nice; only gripe, sometimes in the last levels, the background is very dark and the ennemies are black, so it's not easy to see where they're going.

Nothing much else to say, it's a Galaga after all. But as I got it "free" on the PS+ system, I had fun playing it!

So far in 2015: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post2
j0ekerr: Finished Broken Age. It was everything I expected.

And by that I mean that is was whimsical, funny, beautiful, full of things to point and click on, and painfully short.

There is no ending, what we have is a cliffhanger. And as cliffhangers go this one achieves its purpose beautifully. Which is to leave you screaming at the heavens in frustration at being told to wait for the rest of the story just when it got really interesting.

And yet, even considering that it's only half a game it still feels too short, seriously, think of the first act of monkey island 2 and that's about how long it feels.
The second part should be much longer than the first one. Also, it should be released in one month or two.
1) Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (3DS).
2) Fallout: New Vegas - Honest Hearts (PC).
3) Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS).
4) Fallout 3 - Operation: Anchorage (PC).
5) Fallout 3 - Mothership Zeta (PC).
6) Mafia II (PC).
7) Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS).
8) Saints Row II.
9) Postal 2 - A Week in Paradise (PC).
Post edited December 11, 2015 by Ikarugamesh
Mar 23 - Monster Bash

A clever little EGA platformer that gives the false impression of being a kids' game. Yes, the protagonist is a little boy named Johnny Dash and he has to free all the puppies and kittens in a level in order to be able to exit, but enemies that explode into gore and make a nice squishy sound when you kill them tell otherwise.

There are three episodes to the game and the difficulty increases with each. I found episode 3, levels 3 and 4 to be the most difficult. It was very nice to see that each episode had mostly unique enemy types with only a few repeats being used occasionally. The enemy types were all pretty different, too. The game levels start pretty straightforward with mild puzzles and become a bit more puzzle-heavy in later episodes and levels, but not overly difficult. Some levels are pretty non-linear and allow a good deal of exploration to find loot and secrets. Some of the levels take some time to finish, too. On average, I'd say around 10-12 minutes each, but some took me 20 minutes to complete. It's worth noting that when you restore a save game, you start at the beginning of the level.

The movement was a little tricky to get the hang of in the beginning because Johnny is a little slower to accelerate than I have been used to in other platformers. There are a few times where you really need a good running start in order to make a jump. However, the game controls pretty well though. Crawling is something I don't remember having in other platformers I've played though I'm sure others have it. You do need to use it in this game and not just to dodge. The slingshot is an interesting weapon since it has an arcing projectile that you can also ricochet off of a ceiling or wall. It has several powerups that are useful and fun.

The game does have some negatives. There are two or three times where you have to crawl through things in order to advance in the level or even end the level that aren't obvious at all. Sometimes the music wouldn't play when I started the game. Maybe it's how I quit the game or something. Deleting the CONFIG file usually fixed things. The final boss was actually the weakest of them in my opinion. I expected a bit more.

I recommend the game if you like older platformers. I enjoyed it even though I had not played it when it was originally released.

Finished episode 1 on easy with 449,700 pts, episode 2 on easy with 554,000 pts, and episode 3 on easy with 511,800 pts.
Post edited March 23, 2015 by adambiser
Metal Gear Rising:Revengence.
MGR is one of the best examples of the so called spectacle fighter out there.
Tight controls,soundtrack that fits the mood and graphics that are just beautiful to look at and it runs buttery smooth,even with a lot of things happening of the screen.
The story takes place a few years after MGS4,Raiden is now a cyborg ninja working for Maverick,a PMC,with the mission to defend a prime minister of an undefined African country. Your convoy gets attacked by unknown cyborgs;the PM gets murdered and you lose and eye and an arm to Jetstream Sam,one of the cyborgs. Now you must avenge yourself and find out what the unkowns are up to.
The gameplay is by far the best part of the game. Raiden controls like a dream and cutting enemies with your katana feels satisfying and great,the action setpieces are a sight to behold;something out of an anime. The plot is pretty forgetable but it's campy enough that it kinda becomes self aware,like RE4.
Soundwise,it's also something that makes you on the edge of your seat. The soundtrack is the best part;awesome metal throughout. The VA is pretty campy with Raiden's VA keeps evoking his inner Christian Bale's Batman.
Should you pick it up? Hell yeah! It's an awesome spectacle fighter that plays;sounds and looks great.
South Park - The Stick of Truth

Awesome fan service. Obsidian did a surprisingly good job with it; they perfectly translated the series' humor into an enjoyable JRPG-lite style game with casual puzzles. Of course they recycled a lot of material and also followed traditional RPG clichés, but the combination was still funny and original despite that - and also because of it, after all it's a parody. I've yet to see anything bad with the label "South Park" on it, the movie was great and this game is, too. I loved how even the music seemed to parody or pay hommage to epic fantasy RPGs (e.g. the song at Kupa Keep Kingdom definitely had a Gothic or Risen vibe). But I always find it easier to write about what I didn't like, so it speaks for itself that I don't have much to say this time.

The censoring in the version sold to Germans was stupid and unnecessary, but not as bad as I expected on the PC (USK 18). The sloppy black boxes over swastikas and arms raised in Nazi salute (???) were mildly irritating, but the new German nazi zombie voiceovers replacing the original Hitler quotes might have made the game even funnier ("Mein Unleben!"). The really bad and crippling censoring seems to have affected only the console versions.
Post edited March 23, 2015 by Leroux
Freedoom (7:25pm 23rd march)

A free full size game using the doom engine. Some of these levels were made by a crazy person. 100s of powerful enemies in small rooms and maze like levels. But some of the later levels were too easy
You can Include me

I know that I'm not supposed to play a lot of the games I've finished since I'm not old enough (I'm lucky that my sister doesn't care), but here goes.

1: Outlast + DLC ( the DLC was much better in my opinion)
2: Of Orcs and Men
3: Dragon Age: Inquisition
4 South Park: The Stick of Truth (I'm not a fan of the show, but I loved the game and like a good friend of mine would say, "holy macaronni")
5: Bioshock Infinite + DLC ( Bioshock 1 is still my favorite, although I liked Burial at Sea)
6: The Wolf Among Us ( until now this is my favorite game from Telltale)
7: Two Brothers ( this is kind of a cheat since I've watched my sister playing it and finishing, but I just couldn't exclude such game)
8: Broken Sword 5
9: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West ( Andy Serkis is awesome as Monkey)
10: Shadowgrounds
11: Dying Light
12: Murdered: Soul Suspect
13: Dark
14: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
15: Far Cry 3
16: Brutal Legend ( who would've thought that Jack Black would work?)
17: Child of Light ( We need more games from Ubi Art)

Currently playing:
Legend of Grimrock ( I'm having a ton of fun with this one, even if I hate spiders a lot)
Ori and the Blind Forest ( such a beautiful game, I don't think that there will be another like it this year)