It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finished Shadowrun: Dragonfall. Miles ahead of Shadowrun Returns. It was better in every way. Better story, better characters, better combat., better skill use, better everything!

Of course, it's not a perfect game. There are still some plot holes, some inconsistencies, but overall it was a great experience. I'll play it again at some point to see how much[if] I can change the ending.

Not much else I have to say about it. They basically fixed just about everything I was complaining when playing Shadowrun Returns.
GTAIII: San Andreas: (I have a DVD ROM copy with all the music). Was awesome back in the day, still awesome today.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut: As stated by the poster above, it’s everything Shadowrun Returns is, and more. It’s got a bit more reading/story than I generally prefer in a game, but I really enjoy the atmosphere and the combat.

Sims 3: A pretty fun game if you like the sims games, although I really missed the “story” mode from the first Sims. I played it for a couple of weeks before I decided to move on, so I classify it as “finished” rather than “quit” because it can never truly be completed.

Leisure Suit Larry 1 (1987 version). Best game of the series so far (I’m currently playing LSL6). Example, a true LOL moment: There is a hooker upstairs, I’m downstairs trying to get past her pimp. I notice a crack in the wall and type: LOOK AT CRACK … response: “Wait until you get upstairs, Larry!”

Leisure Suit Larry 2: Not as funny as LSL1, more linear and more difficult, but still an OK game.

Leisure Suit Larry 5: Another OK instalment, some silly fun, very easy.
Doctor
Poor man's version of Hatered. I like the art style a bit more than what's Hatered going to be, there are only two 'levels' and no challenge (once the Police turns up the game ends).
Well... I don't know what to say.
The Moon Sliver

I liked it, for what it is. It's a very minimalistic game - minimalistic graphics, minimalistic interface, minimalistic gameplay - so I guess it's quite an achievement that it still succeeed in conjuring up an atmosphere of mystery with its use of lighting, sound and fragmentary story-telling that managed to hold my interest until the end.
Leroux: The Moon Sliver

I liked it, for what it is. It's a very minimalistic game - minimalistic graphics, minimalistic interface, minimalistic gameplay - so I guess it's quite an achievement that it still succeeed in conjuring up an atmosphere of mystery with its use of lighting, sound and fragmentary story-telling that managed to hold my interest until the end.
I really enjoyed it too. Just ended at the right time and a lot done with so few elements. I got "lighty scared" by it until the end. A feeling that many horror recent titles did not developed in me.
PS.: It was made by jefequeso, a known GOG user.
tokisto: PS.: It was made by jefequeso, a known GOG user.
Yeah, I know. So kudos to jefequeso, and thanks again to Impaler26 who donated the game to me!

tokisto: I really enjoyed it too. Just ended at the right time and a lot done with so few elements. I got "lighty scared" by it until the end. A feeling that many horror recent titles did not developed in me.
*SPOILER*
That's another thing that I found impressive - it pulled off the horror on its own, just by lighting, sounds and writing, without holding the player hostage (if that makes any sense). I mean even though there was a little uncertainty, I never really expected to die in this game, as this would just have lead to frustration, and despite that, I still got scared a little, too.
Post edited February 19, 2015 by Leroux
King's Bounty: Dark Side

I really like this series but it desperately needs fresh ideas. It's basically all the same for the fourth time. I get it "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but it gets terribly repetitive right now. I was particularly disappointed by three characters you can choose. Orc, daemoness, vampire. Cool - I thought at the beginning but then I realized it's nothing else then well known warrior, paladin, mage choice only named differently. Even here they failed to deliver something new... OK, OK, I'm complaining a lot because I have a feeling that this series should evolve in time and become epic. At this moment it's very solid, I had a real blast playing all four parts but I do hope that the fifth will have some innovations.

BUT! Something more important then finishing a single game has just happened! Believe it or not but with King's Bounty: Dark Side I've also finished my backlog! Yup, that's right! I don't have any unplayed games at the moment! YAY! :D

Full list
Ghorpm: BUT! Something more important then finishing a single game has just happened! Believe it or not but with King's Bounty: Dark Side I've also finished my backlog! Yup, that's right! I don't have any unplayed games at the moment! YAY! :D

Full list
No backlog! What is this heresy? Are you mad Sir?

I've heard enough. Burn Him!!!

Seriously, congratulations on beating your backlog. I might join you if I can just get this damn flux capacitor to work.
Ghorpm: BUT! Something more important then finishing a single game has just happened! Believe it or not but with King's Bounty: Dark Side I've also finished my backlog! Yup, that's right! I don't have any unplayed games at the moment! YAY! :D

Full list
groundhog42: No backlog! What is this heresy? Are you mad Sir?

I've heard enough. Burn Him!!!

Seriously, congratulations on beating your backlog. I might join you if I can just get this damn flux capacitor to work.
Can be done without time travels, trust me ;P Or don't, just burn me quickly ;P
One thing you should probably know before you start playing Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood is that if you're playing the series out of order, like me, you will learn the identity of the villain of the first part in the course of this installment. I don't know if that's an issue in the first one, because I haven't played it, but now you've been warned.

Enigmatis is another of Artifex Mundi's enjoyable hidden-object/adventure game hybrids - in fact, you'll go quite a stretch in this one before you hit your first traditional hidden-object screen, and if you don't want to do the hidden-object parts but do want to play along on the supernatural adventure-lite that is Artifex's usual subject matter, you can substitute a Concentration game instead every time one comes up (you'll match related pictures, not identical images, so the butterfly net goes with the butterfly, the arrow goes with the bow, and so forth).

The setting for this game is a Nature Park on the West Coast, in the Redwood belt. You stop to investigate a damaged RV at the side of the road, and soon enough you're looking for young Becky and her missing parents among the increasingly-menacing park attractions. There are underground tunnels, of course, and a cabled tram runs over a forest valley, and there's a mystery to be solved, which is perfect, because you're a private detective.

As usual, Artifex Mundi supplies beautiful artwork, solid music and voicing, great imagination showing through in the weird and interesting scenery, and a loopy supernatural plot furnished with a few tacky (but fun) jump scares, complete with audio stings. Also as usual, the game's subject matter is not appropriate for most young children, as there are kids who are captured and put in peril, lots of rotting corpses, and dark, macabre events. But young teens would probably be all over this.

I really enjoy these games, which is a little weird, but hey. The company continually refines its products, working a lot of convenience into the structure of the story, so that there's less repetitive backtracking than one might fear, for example. I was impressed by the handling of the evidence wall, on which you will try out your deductions: it's accessible from nearly everywhere in the game, and you don't actually have to hike back to where it's located, you just click on the Evidence button and off you go. Finish up, and you return to where you were. It leaves more time for discovery, and there's less of the click-click-click aggravation that comes from hiking back and forth between locations. Quick travel on the map is also enabled.

The puzzles are a little on the easy side, and one or two were simple but really pleasant to solve: they had an elegance that was very satisfying. Also there were no overly-complex sliding tile puzzles, which I suck at. I always get them, but it's more by dint of pushing everything until it finally works than by using, you know, strategy and all.

There are also two optional achievement games which accompany the action. In one you need to "collect" a set of butterflies scattered through the game - I got this one the first time through, so they are pretty clearly visible - and in the other you need to mark objects which morph into similar but different objects. I missed two of these the first time through, and when I finally found them they were tricky to see.

Steam says I spent 12.4 hours playing through twice, to get all the achievements: first on Expert, and then on Easy, since the second time was mostly clean-up, and playing for the card-matching games. The hardest achievement for me was the one that challenges you to finish a Hidden-Object puzzle in under a minute. Often when a HOG gives you that one there's a little teeny puzzle you can whisk through quickly, but not here. The first playthrough probably ran about 8 hours.

Overall, I find hidden-object games either powerfully irritating or lazily delightful. Artifex Mundi games always fall into the latter category, and this one is especially polished and easy on the temper. If I were to quibble, I'd point out that all of their games are voiced by the same actors, who are very clear but not always wildly compelling in their roles. It's a little odd to hear all of the characters from their Nightmares from the Deep series transplanted to the woods of northern California.

The 2015 List
Post edited February 19, 2015 by LinustheBold
Pixeljunk Shooter...

...is a small gem, a really entertaining game that might be easily overlooked.

It could be classified as part of the "Shoot'em up" genre, yet it does not revolve much around the combat on a scrolling screen, rather focusing on environment manipulation.

Your objective: saving the memebers of a scientific expedition blocked on an alien planet after a failed experiment.
To do this, you have to descend into the underground depths of the new world and avoid their painful deaths (ending up chewed by monsters, smashed by rocks, melted in lava or freezed must not be pleasing), opening your way by transofming magma into rock and then drill it, moving and melting blocks of ice, make water flow where is needed, exploiting magnetism, producing explosive gas and more.

Pixeljunk Shooter is an arcade game in its core, yet despite the genre difficulty standards it offers a really fun gameplay well fit for both casual players and a more "committed" ones; usually, I dislike too easy games, yet this one is so entertaining that I didn't mind the difficulty at all. Besides, even if the requirements for victory are really low (you just have to save all the scientist in a level or let them die, as long as the "deaths counter" does not reach the value of 6, and you can reduce it by collecting 100 among the extremely commons star coins), completing each level with no casualties and while collecting all the treasures is not simple as it seems, so who searches for an harder experience will find one.

The soundtrack is good, the gameplay very varied (especially the clever boss battles), the art style charming, the mechanics easy to learn and the controls (on a Xbox 360 pad) perfectly reponsive. I really found no fault in this title... except, unfortunately, its very limited lenght: I completed it in nearly three hours with all the scientist saved. It is a pity, really; I would have loved to play more levels!

Definitley recommended!
Let's hope to see Pixeljunk Shooter 2 and/or PJS Ultimate on GOG soon! I certainly want to play more of them!
Post edited February 19, 2015 by Enebias
Planet Stronghold

Exhibit A as to why Winter Wolves isn't on GOG.

Don't believe me? Drop 19 dollars to rent it, spend 13 hours torturing yourself with it like I did, think about the things you could have done, the games you could have purchased from GOG with that 19 dollars, then get back to me.

Planet Stronghold is a debate killer.

It kills the debate of why stores should be curated, why some degree of standards should be maintained.

I actually tried to be nice to this game when I saw the credits...slightly.

It was put together by a small group of people. Okay.

But then I reminded myself - As soon as you start charging for your shit? You have a whole new world of standards to live up to.
And if you don't live up to those standards? You're just a hack peddling cheap garbage at insanely bloated prices.

I get it. It's an indie game. Well, you know what? Fuck that excuse. Fuck that excuse in both eyes.

Indie is not a free pass. Not when you're charging NINETEEN DOLLARS for it.

It's not a visual novel, it's barely an RPG. It is a massive waste of time, however.

I'm trying to pull apart the mish-mash of complaints, trying to put them into coherent language.

It's nearly 5 in the morning and I've been up all night, though, so I'll go with two.

One - there are enemies who are not only copy-pastes of each other, somehow managing to be even worse than 8-bit Nintendo palette swapping, but some of the art assets were actually stretched, made larger, and presented as different opponents.

I've never seen that in a modern PC game before.

Two - I beat the final boss by clicking rapidly. In an RPG where skills, abilities, party composition, equipment, item management, all these things are supposed to matter?

I beat the final boss by clicking rapidly.

Very rapidly, actually, since I'd been playing Planet Stronghold for 13 hours straight and needed to finish before the impulse of eating the nail clippers on my desk and thankfully, mercifully choking to death became an idea too pleasant by comparison to deny.
CarrionCrow: Planet Stronghold
For all your ranting, I see two minor complaints in a 13 h experience that was apparently so compelling you completed it in a single sitting. I think one could do far worse with some of the current GOG catalogue.

But then again, I liked PS. The visual novel / RPG hybrid approach was rather inspiring to me, as it showed me that one could make a rather interesting game using Ren'Py.

Your negative opinion of it seems to stem from the fact it's a rather expensive indie game, which leaves all sorts of amusing questions open, but two things need to said: 1) there's a free demo on the official site, and it's long enough for anyone to see if they'll enjoy the game 2) is $20 for 13 h of entertainment really overpriced? I can think of a number of games, indie and not, that offer less for more - to paraphrase you, think of all the shitty GOG games you could buy for that money.

Which brings us to the "standards" part of your rant. Sure, I agree. GOG agrees. Plenty of other people agree. It's just that no one agrees exactly what those standards should be. Which makes them less standards and more arbitrary decisions. Since GOG is a company that sells games for money, it makes sense for them to choose a financial view of standards - if it'll sell, allow it onto the store. Now, they apparently don't think the Winter Wolves games would sell, so they're not here. Fine. As long as we can all acknowledge that's the reason why it is so.
Dishonored.

First, it was a great game. But beyond that, I can't get over how many times I saw someone say that it was "far better" than Thief 4. IMHO, It was more polished and fluid, but not better. It had a better plot and some of the systems were preferable, but side by side I found them both equally enjoyable. Both had flaws and strengths over the other.

That aside, I'll be "finishing" this one again soon. Will play the DLC and attempt at least 2 more endings.

I definitely see the Thief comparisons... this is a GREAT game for Thief fans. But I wouldn't call it hands down "better". Its simply different. (and much easier... some of the skills Corvo gets are easy-sauce).
>_< My review is WAY too long to fit here. Shoot... I'll figure something out.

EDIT: OK, here is just my final summary:

ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West (Action-adventure)

I really enjoyed everything about this game (with the one exception that I already mentioned) -- from the sights and sounds to the story to the gameplay, I just enjoyed the hell out of it. I have to agree with those who have mentioned that this is a hidden gem. I really do think that the game deserved a lot more attention than it got, and I highly recommend it to any action-adventure fan.

To see my full review, please click HERE.

List of 2015 finished games:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post63
Post edited February 21, 2015 by genkicolleen