It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Austrobogulator: Yep, Dark Forces is on my wish list. I don't think I care about Star Wars that much any more, but it seems like it could be enjoyable.
It's a lot like Doom, finding keycards and switches to progress. Also about the same speed, but not as perfect in terms of flow. It's got more "realistic" levels and a story on the other hand. It's not necessary to like Star Wars, it's a good game it it's own right. Well hating SW might not be helpful ;-)

Austrobogulator: I'm in the same boat about saving. I have a habit of saving a lot in games. Although, I always feel weird using save states...unless I feel like I really have to.
When I defated SW:DF years ago I know I took about 5 hours for one of the later levels. Without save states I couldn't do it nowadays. I know it feels clumsy, but if you have family and children...
Wasteland 2

First game finished in 2015... Actually played some parts more than once to try different options ( saving Highpool/Agrocentre / Titan ownership f.i. ) So that probably explains the large number of hours spent on that one.
LinustheBold: The Samaritan Paradox
Well said! I have the same feelings about the game but you've described it much better then I did

I had a nice discussion about it with awalterj where I elaborated:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post2220
(and a few post below)
LinustheBold: The Samaritan Paradox
Ghorpm: I had a nice discussion about it with awalterj where I elaborated [...]
Yes, I recall that discussion. I was surprised that I didn't like the game more, and I agree with your comments - that rocker guy at the jukebox annoyed the hell out of me. Did you notice that once he leaves, you can play the jukebox yourself? I only played one song, but there are five or six in there.
Post edited February 01, 2015 by LinustheBold
Ghorpm: I had a nice discussion about it with awalterj where I elaborated [...]
LinustheBold: Yes, I recall that discussion. I was surprised that I didn't like the game more, and I agree with your comments - that rocker guy at the jukebox annoyed the hell out of me. Did you notice that once he leaves, you can play the jukebox yourself? I only played one song, but there are five or six in there.
No, I don't think I was in a mood to try anything with the jukebox after that ;)
Grim Fandango Remastered

I had never played this game before this run through, or even heard of it till I came to GOG. When I heard it was being redone and checked it out my interest was peaked. I was gifted the game for my birthday by the ever awesome Foxworks :-) (Thanks foxworks you are the best!!)

I really enjoyed the game. Very well written story with good voice actors to bring the story to life. The graphics looked awesome and fit the story well The puzzles ranged from pretty simple to wanting to punch the screen, but overall very good. No hint system in the game so a lot of trial and error at times on the puzzles, and you have to be willing to think instead of just randomly clicking all over to get a reaction. I had no issues with the controls, everything was done with the mouse.

I did have issues during the cutscenes with the sound cutting in and out, but never in game. I can also say at times it was a little tedious walking back and forth trying to figure out what to do, but this game was made before fast travel was a thing LOL.

I would give this game a solid B+ and recommend it to anyone who is into P&C adventure games. I should also say my total playtime was about 25 hours.

My very short list at the moment
Post edited February 02, 2015 by trentonlf
Lords of Xulima

Finished in Old School Veterans difficulty, a good game, challanging and at the same time i find it addictive enough to see it from beginning to the end.

A bit grindy in the end, but still okay
Played through Demon Master Chris over this last night. Not exactly a specimen of fine art in the medium, but I enjoyed it a fair bit.

It is one of those first-person grid-based dungeon crawlers. You know, like Wizardry. Except that you fight and capture most of your party members in the dungeon like Pokemon. And they're all cute anime monster girls. And naked half the time.

Plot is pretty simple - Chris (a sorceress who makes pacts with demons) tries to summon a powerful demon but ends up getting transported to the demon realm herself instead. Now she has find a way back to her world. Cue dungeon crawling, copious amounts typical perveted Japanese humor, and lesbian sex with the aforementioned monster girls.

The dungeon floors are not terribly difficult. They get larger and more complex as you go and there are some traps, but the game automaps for you and there aren't any transporters or anything annoying like that. There is always only one exit - you just have to find it - and usually a boss in the way at the end.

The game isn't very long either. There are 7 small to medium-size floors to crawl through. No backtracking necessary, and you get to teleport between the "home base" and any floor you've already reached. However, this is one of those games that tries to hide the length of the game by inserted a lot of mandatory grinding. While there is a lot of grinding to do, it goes by a lot faster than some other games I've played because there is both an autobattle function and a fast-forward function to speed through it all.

So yeah, just like Wizardy ;)
Nobake: Played through Demon Master Chris over this last night. Not exactly a specimen of fine art in the medium, but I enjoyed it a fair bit.

It is one of those first-person grid-based dungeon crawlers. You know, like Wizardry. Except that you fight and capture most of your party members in the dungeon like Pokemon. And they're all cute anime monster girls. And naked half the time.

Plot is pretty simple - Chris (a sorceress who makes pacts with demons) tries to summon a powerful demon but ends up getting transported to the demon realm herself instead. Now she has find a way back to her world. Cue dungeon crawling, copious amounts typical perveted Japanese humor, and lesbian sex with the aforementioned monster girls.
That sounds amazing. ;P
Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic: Jedi Masters
It's a Total Conversion mod for KotOR 2, picking up where the original game left and as such is a pretty impressive piece of entertainment. The plot contradicts Star Wars canon at some points (it offers it's own view on the True Sith so doesn't fit TOR universe at all), one subquest got bugged and I wasn't able to complete it and near the end the game crashed a couple of times (probably due to often character switches) but other that those minor inconviniences it was pure joy to play. Quests and subquests are fun (require lots of legwork but still are fun), the plot holds together, the best ending reward my completionist approach.
Highly recommended for any KotOR fan.
Master of Magic. I suppose I'm going to post my thoughts on all GOG I play...maybe?

Anyway, I think it's a good game? It's hard to tell with 4X games though - am I playing this for hours at a time because I like this game...or am I playing this for hours at a time because of just-one-more-turnitis?

Regardless, no matter how much I liked playing it and no matter how many half-dozen hour sessions I had, I still recognise that it's flawed.

One of my pet peeves with 4X games is empty turns - ideally, there should be something interesting happening every turn, pressing next fifteen times in a row is tiresome. At least in my experience, MoM was guilty of this.

Also, I went for the Spell of Mastery victory, and researching the spell and casting it takes waaaay too long - many, many, many times more than anything else. Basically, I feel that they should have reconsidered the balancing because it definitely can get tedious and long-winded.

I also wish the battles were better - I often just did auto-battles instead of manually battling; it can get pretty fiddly to select individual units when they're clustered together.
Space Quest V. Certainly the easiest game in the series so far, but still a lot of fun (aside from a couple of tedious trial and error bits), and I think this may have been the funniest yet. I enjoyed the development of giving Roger a ship to command with a regular crew for interaction.
Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars

I rarely see a game that ages so well -and I'm talking about the original version. Broken Sword takes you into an amazingly well drawn colorful cartoon, but it is also a mature game. Historical facts are perfectly combined with the game's story and the game presents it in a very balanced manner. The game is serious enough for you to take it seriously, but also funny enough to entertain. Nothing feels out of place or inserted into the game unnecessarily. Most puzzles make sense, which I find particularly important for an adventure game. Yes, I dislike adventures with illogical puzzles, how "cult" or "classic" they may be. I had finished Broken Sword 2 before, which I honestly did not love, therefore my expectations for this one were rather low. At the end, Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars (not the remake) was a nice surprise and became one of the best adventure games I have ever played.

PS: I did not play the remastered version, but seriously, this game has no need for a remaster.

damien score: 9/10

List of all games finished in the last years with best and worst games played in each year
After 3 years and a month, I finally completed the main campaign of Fallout 3.

Often I read on the internet the previous games - the original Fallout games - as well as it's sequel - Fallout New Vegas - are far better games, but FO3 was the first I got to know, I haven't played the others yet, and I like this game a lot. It's huge, that's why I it took me a long time to finish it, but I liked every part of it. And unlike other open-world games, you never feel without purpose in this game. Even though you're free to wonder about, the game is very story-driven. A good thing is, you're relatively free as to how you go about unfolding it. And at the end, I finally know who the famous Fallout helmet from the cover belongs to. I wont spoil though.

Now I still got the DLC's to play and then it's either back to its roots or forward to New Vegas. I think I will do the last first, as I own it on Steam and you never know when you'll wont be able to play them no more, Steam being a rental service. I got the original Fallouts from GOG, so they might be played any time in my life as long as I've got a computer and electricity that is.
DubConqueror: After 3 years and a month, I finally completed the main campaign of Fallout 3.

Often I read on the internet the previous games - the original Fallout games - as well as it's sequel - Fallout New Vegas - are far better games, but FO3 was the first I got to know, I haven't played the others yet, and I like this game a lot. It's huge, that's why I it took me a long time to finish it, but I liked every part of it. And unlike other open-world games, you never feel without purpose in this game. Even though you're free to wonder about, the game is very story-driven. A good thing is, you're relatively free as to how you go about unfolding it. And at the end, I finally know who the famous Fallout helmet from the cover belongs to. I wont spoil though.

Now I still got the DLC's to play and then it's either back to its roots or forward to New Vegas. I think I will do the last first, as I own it on Steam and you never know when you'll wont be able to play them no more, Steam being a rental service. I got the original Fallouts from GOG, so they might be played any time in my life as long as I've got a computer and electricity that is.
Opposed to many other fans of the original series, I enjoyed Fallout 3, the DLCs were a bit mediocre and two are extremely buggy (Operation Anchorage, Point Lookout). I'm glad to have bought a DRM free version.
The first two are of course a whole lot different in gameplay and the depressive athmosphere is quite heavy on those, some can't stand that, but I think it's one of the good things.
With the HD mods (freely available on the net), they even look excellent, just be sure to use the decensoring patch or you'll wonder why there are no children in the whole wasteland and why one quest is not solvable.