It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Klumpen0815: Same here, I needed save states for all of them, part 2 was my favourite in the series, but 3-7 are good too. Be prepared, the later games of the Mega Man X series get increasingly hard too and are just as hard as the original series.
I was able to beat Mega Man 3 and 5 as a kid, we'll see if I can still do it as an adult (without save states, that is).

Klumpen0815: I love this game, but have you played Kirby's Dream Land 2? It blows part one completely out of the water and is nearer to Kirby's Adventure on NES which is stunningly good although I prefer KDL2 because it's easier to find everything in this one.
I have played Kirby's Dream Land 2, as well as Kirby's Adventure. Both are excellent! I didn't play them as a kid, so they don't have as much nostalgic value for me, but I can't think of a Kirby game I didn't enjoy. I haven't played Kirby's Dream Land 3 though, I need to fix that.
The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4)
Metro 2033 Redux ( PC, 100% + all achievments o/)
Pr. Layton and the strange village (DS)
Pokémon Y (3DS, Story)
LEGO Dimensions (PS4, Story)
LEGO Jurassic World (PS4, 100% + Platinum)
LEGO Undercover (3DS)
Post edited December 16, 2015 by Amadren
Been a long time since my last post, so let's try to play catch-up before the year ends. For starters:

Bionic Commando (2009)

One look at the game's cover brought forth the sceptic in me. "Oh look, another gritty and edgy reboot." An overview of the plot strengthened that impression. However, for a game that I expected the worst, I had quite a bit of fun with it.

My biggest fear was whether they would get the bionic arm right. They did! It's pretty impressive that you can attach your bionic arm almost everywhere and not just in some specific spots. Swinging across the various environments, tossing items against enemies, tossing enemies against enemies or even zip kicking them in oblivion, it felt really great to be using the bionic arm; like a badass and I would have it no other way.

Aside your bionic arm, you also have access to your trusty pistol, a pack of grenades and later on, you can find other weapons with limited ammunition like a shotgun, a sniper rifle, a grenade launcher, etc. Pretty standard stuff and it's kinda disappointing that you can only find some of the weapons in specific places, but it always feels satisfying swinging towards enemies and mowing them down with a shotgun blast or a grenade. Extensive usage of your bionic arm/weapons leads to some further enhancements like damage reduction, increases in health/armor/accuracy or even some new cool abilities for your bionic arm.

Now, while the reboot's general stage structure is pretty simple (navigate a linear stage filled with enemies, chasms and traps), it does a bit too many missteps for me to consider it a great game. The first thing you'll notice if you are using a keyboard is that the game insists on showing all prompts as if you were using an Xbox-360 controller, which might be a sign that you should be playing this game with a controller. Thing is, I did try to play it with a controller and didn't find it as responsive as I would have liked on the swinging part, so it was back to the keyboard+mouse for me after a while. Next, you'll notice that the game's areas are 1) post-apocalyptic (for the most part) and thus 2) filled with radioactive zones, which is the game's way of telling you that these are invisible walls and if you try to walk through them, you'll die in a manner of seconds. Aside looking boring, it's not always clear when you have entered a radioactive area and if you accidentally walk into one, you might find yourself unable to escape in time, meaning that you are discouraged from exploring the area for fear of dying.

Speaking of dying, the game's checkpoints are really sparse, especially during the later levels. While each stage shouldn't average more than 15 minutes at best (and I might be pushing it), it's not really that difficult to die in Bionic Commando, what with the chasms, miscalculated jumps and radioactive areas and you might find yourself repeating a particular segment quite a few times till you get it all right. The checkpoints system will be particularly aggravating to those who strive to find all the game's collectibles, as it might force them to collect them again if they died before a checkpoint. Making matters worse is that if you forgot to get all collectibles in one stage, you'll have no chance to get it again, except from restarting the whole game. Capcom sure does hate the completionists.

So, Bionic Commando (2009); better than I expected and fun, but not without flaws.

Full list.

P.S.: While the plot was nothing special, the plot twist was horrible.
Post edited December 17, 2015 by Grargar
Finished Persona 4 Golden.
Broken Sword 3 - The Sleeping Dragon (WinXP)

Oh dear.... easily one of the worst games I've played.
I love the first game of the series, like the second ond and only endured this bs to be able to play part four and five without having to skip something in the series.

Where should I start?
The writing is terrible, the characters get more unsympathetic all the time, the controls are clearly made for gamepads (another one that fell prey to "consolidation" ;) and it's unstable which makes you play some scenes again if it crashes.
The really mean points: The camera for some reason has fixed positions (it's all 3D anyway, why did they have to do that?!) that constantly screw up your orientation and controls, which is especcially bad when you have to run away in order to not be killed or when you simply can't see an area where you have to put a box in one of the many box pushing puzzles. You can't skip any dialogue EVER and they'll repeat a lot. There are a lot of crappy quick-time events and if you die in such a sequence, you sometimes have to endure a lot of "cinematic" before over and over again without being able to skip it. At one point you have to watch an endless sequence again for the next try at the very short quick time event. The cinematics seem to be locked at a low framerate, I can't explain otherwise why the movements look so laggy in those while the rest of the game runs fluid.
And the ending, oh no, please no.... why?! All the (out of place) references to the first game in addition to the ending give the impression that they really wanted to crap upon the series.
I really hope, that 4 and 5 are not nearly as bad.

List
Post edited December 17, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Klumpen0815: Broken Sword 3 - The Sleeping Dragon (WinXP)

I love the first game of the series, like the second ond and only endured this bs to be able to play part four and five without having to skip something in the series. I sometimes

Where should I start?
The writing is terrible, the characters get more unsympathetic all the time, the controls are clearly made for gamepads (another one that fell prey to "consolidation" ;) and it's unstable which makes you play some scenes again if it crashes.
The really mean points: The camera for some reason has fixed positions (it's all 3D anyway, why did they have to do that?!) that constantly screw up your orientation and controls, which is especcially bad when you have to run away in order to not be killed or when you simply can't see an area where you have to put a box in one of the many box pushing puzzles. You can't skip any dialogue EVER and they'll repeat a lot. There are a lot of crappy quick-time events and if you die in such a sequence, you sometimes have to endure a lot of "cinematic" before over and over again without being able to skip it. At one point you have to watch an endless sequence again for the next try at the very short quick time event. The cinematics seem to be locked at a low framerate, I can't explain otherwise why the movements looks so laggy in those while the rest of the game runs fluid.
And the ending, oh no, please no.... why?! All the (out of place) references to the first game in addition to the ending give the impression that they really wanted to crap upon the series.

List
Well, sorry to crush your hopes, but I heard the worst of the series is the 4th. I have yet to play it, but it is the worst (and it has not been developed by Revolution).
Klumpen0815: snip
sebarnolds: Well, sorry to crush your hopes, but I heard the worst of the series is the 4th. I have yet to play it, but it is the worst (and it has not been developed by Revolution).
*weeps*
Klumpen0815: Broken Sword 3 - The Sleeping Dragon (WinXP)

I love the first game of the series, like the second ond and only endured this bs to be able to play part four and five without having to skip something in the series. I sometimes

Where should I start?
The really mean points: The camera for some reason has fixed positions (it's all 3D anyway, why did they have to do that?!) that constantly screw up your orientation and controls, which is especcially bad when you have to run away in order to not be killed or when you simply can't see an area where you have to put a box in one of the many box pushing puzzles. You can't skip any dialogue EVER and they'll repeat a lot. There are a lot of crappy quick-time events and if you die in such a sequence, you sometimes have to endure a lot of "cinematic" before over and over again without being able to skip it. At one point you have to watch an endless sequence again for the next try at the very short quick time event. The cinematics seem to be locked at a low framerate, I can't explain otherwise why the movements looks so laggy in those while the rest of the game runs fluid.

List
sebarnolds: Well, sorry to crush your hopes, but I heard the worst of the series is the 4th. I have yet to play it, but it is the worst (and it has not been developed by Revolution).
4 got some problems but is better the 3. 3 is just bad game unlike 4 which is just a meh game.
buschap: Grand Theft Auto V (Not done, but I may be done with it)
This is out of order in the court! You can't put it in the completed games list it without completing it damn it! :P
mrking58: 4 got some problems but is better the 3. 3 is just bad game unlike 4 which is just a meh game.
That's nice to know. I didn't dislike 3, it was average (I didn't mind the boxes puzzles as much as other people it seems). The fourth in scheduled, but I've got some games on my plate right now :)
buschap: Grand Theft Auto V (Not done, but I may be done with it)
bad_fur_day1: This is out of order in the court! You can't put it in the completed games list it without completing it damn it! :P
Oops! Many apologies! :)
Final Fantasy Tactics

Finally (no pun intended) finished this game. I bought this on PS1 back in 1998 when it released, I never understood the abilities and job system, so I totally sucked at the game, and gave up on it. To put it short, the game kicked my ass.

I purchased the game about a year ago on PSN, and have been slowly playing through it. Today, I finally finished it.

PROS:
+Great artwork.
+Great music.
+Nice maps.
+Fun and rewarding gameplay.

CONS:
-Corny dialogue.
-Confusing story. (might be because so much grinding between major battles)
-Party seems imbalanced, certain members feel like sitting ducks/worthless while certain members carry the entire battle in later parts of the game.
-Super difficulty curve, game starts out super hard, and becomes a near walk in the park later - not sure if the fact that I grinded to level 99 had something to do with this.

Overall, a great game and I'm glad that I finally completed it.
I don't think I've finished anything this year. Usually, it needs to be a game that has a new sequel coming up for me to care enough to finish it.
Outlaws

Awesome little shooter set in the old west. Good controls and difficulty curb, Some levels are a bit mazelike but don't fall into the Factory/Sewer/Grey Corridor theme of 90's Doom clones. the FMV's between levels push the plot forward and are a nice touch. Quite enjoyable.

Prisoner of Ice

A short, spastic pixel hunt that goes off the rails twoards the end.

That's a whopping 40 games this year.
Finished from a while ago I forgot to mention:
Fear 2 + dlc
first episode Hector badge of carnage
Shelter
Fract OST