It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

infinite9: I beat Ys: Origin again this time with the hidden character to get the real final boss and real official ending. Definitely a great prequel that tells the origins of key characters in Ys 1&2.
budejovice: Would you recommend starting at 1+2? I would like to play them all (available on GOG, at least), and getting the bump combat out of the way before experiencing the rest of the series seems kinda like the way to go.
If you're set on playing them play them first.
F.E.A.R.

Nice horror FPS. A little too much repetitive office shooting, but still the enemy A.I. is awesome. I love they way they systematically hunt you down. Gonna go back and play it on a harder difficulty. Well worth a second or so play through. Still got the expansions, plus 2 and 3 from the bundle.
LJChronx: F.E.A.R.

Nice horror FPS. A little too much repetitive office shooting, but still the enemy A.I. is awesome. I love they way they systematically hunt you down. Gonna go back and play it on a harder difficulty. Well worth a second or so play through. Still got the expansions, plus 2 and 3 from the bundle.
I think heard that the expansions to the 1st one were made by someone else and aren't canon - events get contradicted in 2 and 3 or... something.. May have dreamt it, as always...
Post edited June 05, 2015 by Fever_Discordia
Duke Nukem, or maybe it should be Duke Nukum based on how they spell it in this first game :p

This is just a nice little game. It won't melt your brain but I've found that whenever I play this I get pulled in so smoothly. The levels are big enough that it takes some time and effort to explore them, but they're short enough that when you finish one, it's easy to say "Okay, just one more...." It's genuinely well-designed, too. The controls handle well and you're rarely asked to make blind jumps - there's usually some environmental signal that will let you know where the next platform is even if you can't actually see it.

Fever_Discordia: I think heard that the expansions to the 1st one were made by someone else and aren't canon - events get contradicted in 2 and 3 or... something.. May have dreamt it, as always...
Nope, you're correct for once. :P

One thing I didn't get as playing is that, based on story, those mind-controlled/cloned/whatever soldiers are supposed to be like drones, right? No free will, just biological killing machines. But they still have exclamations of surprise, fear, anger, etc - that doesn't seem to add up.

Fever_Discordia: I think heard that the expansions to the 1st one were made by someone else and aren't canon - events get contradicted in 2 and 3 or... something.. May have dreamt it, as always...
Its ok, I love the atmosphere of the game, but didnt follow the story too much. Its didnt seem like it had that much of a story, except if you listened to all of the phone/laptop messages, but I couldn't hear alot of them as I was playing the game in my living room.
Sonic 1 on the game gear (5 June 8:25PM)

Wow this was a thing. levels are rubbish compared to Mega drive on but there is some nice bits in it
After 4 or so years of playing Sanitarium on and off I finally sat down and whupped that trick.

Great game, cool story and puzzles were not too obtuse. Another game off the bucket list.
Camp 1.

Camp 1 is a point & click adventure game set on a frozen mostly desolate mining planet.

The puzzles left me... puzzled more often than not, sometimes due to them going right over my head, but often due to something not being explained (like an item gaining a one time use special ability that you're not told about and you have to discover it via luck) or the dreaded "the item you need to find to click on is four pixels in size, set in a background of hundreds of pixels". Pixel hunting isn't fun, not in any game. Still, about half of the puzzles were easy enough to figure out once you've got a grip on how the game's logic works.

The story is very well done, a bit minimalistic and predictable in a few spots, but well done overall. It's rather dark and dystopian and it fits the graphic style perfectly. Atmosphere and mood are phenomenal and are aided by the writing, creating a really immersive world.

Graphically it's beautiful, greyed whites, dark greys, faded greens and deadened blues make up the color palette, and each contributes to a consistent and immersive art style. For all the modern games (especially in the point & click genre) that use a "retro" style, this is by far the best looking one I've seen.

Sound is barely there besides the sound of snow crunching under your character's feet, but the little bits of music really fit the mood.

Overall, the puzzles make a grand experience a little less great, but I can't help but give Camp 1 my full recommendation.
Might and Magic Legacy

This game should have been a slam-dunk for me. I love taking a party of characters out for a trip on a grid-map, deciding how to spend advancement points, and finding every last square of landscape. The Problem?

Combat.

The first time a group of crystal spiders disappeared on me, I just thought it was an annoying special ability they had. The very next battle, the spiders were not only invisible, but their health bars jumped all over the screen for the duration of the combat. This happened off and on for the entirety of the game with a variety of enemies, but seemed to be concentrated mostly in the 2nd act, diminishing as I got further in the game. There were times I wouldn't have even know I was in combat if it hadn't been for the "eye" at the top of the screen tuning red. Especially frustrating at lower levels when some combat strategy was needed, versus the later part of the game when it was just kill everything around you with area affect spells.

It's definitely worth checking out if your into this type of game, but be ready for some "I can't believe they didn't even bother to fix this" moments.
Just ran through Gears of War 2 with my brother. I liked it a lot, I'd say it's better than the first one. They fixed a lot of the stability issues (not that there aren't some rough patches to be found) and overall made the game more fun. It pretty much plays like Gears of War so there isn't much to be said there. There were some frame rate issues and screen tearing (something I never get used to) but nothing that impeded the game play in any way. The only really bothersome nuisance was more than a few times my brother or I would get stuck on a wall or we'd be stuck in cover but it wasn't more than four to six times. I liked it a lot, I like some of the games that were more than just a little inspired more but this is another game that if one has a 360 they should just get.
Finished Dreamfall The Longest Journey. Very much dialog involved and I think the decisions you make do not matter, also the ending is wired. I hope Chapters will explain that.
infinite9: I beat Ys: Origin again this time with the hidden character to get the real final boss and real official ending. Definitely a great prequel that tells the origins of key characters in Ys 1&2.
budejovice: Would you recommend starting at 1+2? I would like to play them all (available on GOG, at least), and getting the bump combat out of the way before experiencing the rest of the series seems kinda like the way to go.
I highly recommend doing 1&2 first. The bump system seems interesting at first but it falls short of the combat systems of the other games.
February 7, 2015 – February 20, 2015: Prince of Persia (2008) [Collected all 1,001 light seeds]
February 23, 2015 – June 6, 2015: King's Bounty: The Legend [Impossible, Mage]