It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

hyperagathon: Two? I think it's just FFT: Advance for the Gameboy, and the other one is a sequel for the DS. Anyway, Advance is a completely different game. Well, as much as a spin-off with similar mechanics can be called "completely" different.
You are right: the Holy Wikipedia agrees with you. :)
Gydion: It's finished even though you didn't win and you are still going to replay it. Repeatedly no less. 0__o
I consider it on my 'finished' list because I basically got to the end. And yeah, I'll replay it. If I left games off the list that I felt I'd replay, there would be very few on it.

Gydion: Are you playing with Advanced Edition content or without?
Played this run without. Next will be with it.
Stayed up late and finished Driftmoon. Some quirks/flaws, but a solid story-driven RPG overall.

Played through on 'Easy' to focus on the story (combat is ok but not great anyway) and it took about 11 hours, even reading all the books/quest text/etc. Most of the story is pretty intuitive on where to go what to do, and the quest journal and map interface work well. Puzzles are if anything a bit easy, though that may make it accessible for younger players or people new to RPGs.

There were only two instances where I did turn to the internet for help - one side quest that I didn't think was particularly intuitive, and a 'mini-game' (hockey) that was partially built but I couldn't get it to do anything. So I messed around a while trying to get it to 'do' something (unlock an easter egg?) before googling. And sure enough, it's partially built and doesn't actually work.

It wasn't quite everything I dreamed it would be when I first wishlisted it, but if you can pick it up on sale and like story RPGs, it's a nice little production overall by the husband/wife development team.
Just finished Resistance 3. It was great, but this is a bit of a peculiar series. First off, this game controls funnily, it doesn't control quite like FoM or 2 and I couldn't tweak the controls quite to my liking, but as far as the way the character aims, moves, feels it's more than fine. Once again, gunplay was great and imaginative, although it felt like the shotgun never got better and that is a shame as there are a few ways it could have. I liked the gameplay a lot, but again the series is odd in that the games do not play too much like one another. Judging this individual game, it was a more tactical and strategic affair I would say in that weapons were fitted best against certain enemies than others and health was occasionally a precious commodity, although on normal it gives back a little bit of health after you die enough times. Not to say the game was not hard still, it certainly was.

The game looks great, but this came at two expenses. First, the resolution is obviously lowered, and that doesn't bother me past the initial realization. Second, the frame rate and overall game feel less smooth. Not quite like Dragon's Dogma with the frames, but sometimes when the snow effects, twelve enemies shooting at you, physics and dismemberment, and detailed environments all kick in it can be a bit slow, thankfully it's never enough to make one get out of it. It is annoying though, make no mistake. There is no screen tearing and I appreciate that, I would much rather the game have no screen tearing than a high resolution, screen tearing just about ruins a lot of games for me.

Overall, and not too in depth of course, this game was great and I highly recommend it. If anyone is ever stuck between Resistance and Killzone, I would recommend Resistance. If one wants a quick action shooter, these games are excellent for that as well. And if someone just bought a PS3 I would say get these games as they make the system's library expand quickly and with quality. I admit that I do not like Ratchet and Clank too much, but these games were excellent, well done to Insomniac and how I wish they would make another one.
Profiles of the Forgotten.

Profiles of the Forgotten is a FMV click & click equivalent of a walking simulator, or to present it as the devs do, it's sort of an interactive movie.

The video quality itself is fine, and each scene generally has acceptable lighting and sound quality. Some of the areas used in conjunction with the weather leads to really nice shots, so I'll give credit there. Much of the film takes place in a first person perspective and it's generally pulled off well enough.

However the cast's performances are unremarkable (and are just bad at times) throughout the entire film, save for one segment. One actress in particular uses a really forced and unnatural sounding "stereotypical cop" voice.

There are some issues with certain scenes and segments, an example being the lead character running/biking/rowing a boat several times throughout the movie and he starts huffing and puffing and wheezing and it gets a bit awkward. Another issue is there are several continuity errors, unless of course there was some symbolism going on over my head (always possible).

The story is completely forgettable but passable, as is the dialogue. Nothing much to write here.

As a game, well, there isn't much of one. Gameplay is broken into a couple of repeating minigames, such as "chatting" on a computer, where you have to click on each word of the sentence you're typing (which is already laid out) and then click "submit". Another segment is basically a memory game, "put these three scenes from the last chapter in the correct order" type of game. Another just has you click on an image, and pulling two images together (used once). Last but not least, there is a "labyrinth" game, where you walk through an impossible to get lost in labyrinth until you reach a room with a painting and a story bit. It's impossible to fail any of these mini games.

Sound and music is done well enough but you won't remember any of the songs fifteen seconds after they've ended.

All in all I would call Profiles of the Forgotten a utterly mediocre leaning toward bad amateur film and as a game it's bad, however as an interactive movie...I'm not sure how to rate it to be honest. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it from start to finish it (which I did in one sitting) and I don't feel like I wasted my time, yet I I didn't "really" enjoy myself. I think the only worthwhile thing about Profiles of the Forgotten is that there aren't many games out there like it (to my knowledge).
Cognition.

While it has several flaws, I'd also consider it a must-play adventure game.

With adventure games, its all about the story, and this one was very well done. Expect lots of backtracking, but also more sensible puzzles than usual.
Zombie Bowl-a-rama.

Likely a fun pvp game, but the AI's ability versus wonky mouse controls make the single player a frustration. There is also very little to go back to once you have a few games under your belt.

Wouldn't recommend unless bundled with something better.
Besides the copious animation glitches, I hated a few puzzles, especially in the last episodes. I thought Cognition started very good (mostly the first episode) but finished below average. Story was good though.
Why would you say it's a must-play adventure game? Only because of the story or anything else? Is the story that good that everyone should experience it? I tried the demo and liked that special sight feature, but I'm really not a fan of psycho killer stories in general, they just don't appeal to me, so I gave it a pass.
Post edited May 29, 2015 by Leroux
Leroux: Why would you say it's a must-play adventure game? Only because of the story or anything else? Is the story that good that everyone should experience it? I tried the demo and liked that special sight feature, but I'm really not a fan of psycho killer stories in general, they just don't appeal to me, so I gave it a pass.
I played an hour into the first episode. I hated the controls/animation glitches. :(
Just couldn't get into it.
Mass Effect, and Mech commander so far. Both were excellent, and I didn't even have to pay a cent for the latter!
Shadow Warrior 2013 (Linux)

I only installed this to test the limitations of my new GFX card (GTX 750) under Linux but it was so fun that I just kept playing it.
For a shiny graphics FPS it's surprisingly good!
The key selling points are graphics, combat system, humour and easter eggs.
All of those work really well together, it's a good package. The map design is a bit simple now and then but it's not bad. Gore is so completely over the top that it's just hilarious combined with the dialogues and phrases.
There's lots of stuff to find and to unlock. Beating up the biggest demonic Yakuza boss of all time with a giant dildo? No problem!
Many (if not all) maps have a hidden section with a seamless transition to Shadow Warrior 1 graphics and there is much else to find.
I will definitely play the other game modes as well, the combat system is indeed making melee fun again although the mix of ranged weapons is really good too.
My favourite is clearly the demon's head.

The quality of the graphics was great and I didn't know how advanced OpenGL actually is today. Seeing how perfect this port of a Havok engine game is working I wonder if we'll see Fallout 3 and Oblivion natively and DRM free on Linux some day, this would be quite awesome.

Into the list it goes:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
Post edited May 30, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Halo 2: Master Chief Collection (Xbox One)

Beat the Co-Op with my brother. Not much to say. Its been done plenty before, but I enjoyed playing with my bother. On to Halo 3...
Shadowgrounds

Slightly odd game really - isometric shooter that isn't because it has a full 3D engine, it just decides that you can only view the action from that raised viewpoint, you continually try to look further than the screen angle will allow for the first few missions

The respawn system - 5 respawns (lives I guess) per level with only a save between levels is kind of old skool and charming in a way but may be a deal-breaker for some

All in all though, a decent alien shooter, heavily inspired by the Aliens franchise with a good range of guns with limited upgrade system for them

Better than some official 'Aliens' games - I'm looking at you 'Colonial Marines'!

Full list:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post118
Hotline Miami 2 (Linux)

Like the first part it was quite fun although some bugs were really annoying, like invincible enemies standing in door frames, and dogs that glitched through a wall and killed me, etc... but most of the time it advanced rather fluently.
The many characters have the upside of more stories and the downside of less options how to play a level in the long run. Some of the new gimmicks were interesting like controlling the twins both at the same time or wielding two uzis akimbo style although in the end many levels were just beatable by using a loud gun to get attention and then finishing many foes on the same spot.

Although the story has some nice ideas here and there, I have to say that I think it's inferior to Hotline Miami 1 in every aspect but the music and the level editor. The music is a whole lot better than in the first one and wasn't bad there either.
I'm looking forward to some custom levels with the level editor which still doesn't seem to be ready.
It's a nice game but staying in the shadow of the first one.
Oh and the levels constantly have large halls with way too much windows everywhere through which you get shot by enemies with long range eagle eyes all the time.

For some reason the mouse-aiming was completely botched and I didn't remember this to be the case in the first game.

List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
Post edited October 18, 2015 by Klumpen0815