It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jamyskis: Just completed Half-Life 2.

This is one of the many on-off-on-off games I've been tackling over the past few years, and I think the save game from which I've just completed the game was started in 2010. There was a scene on which I was stuck, but after revisiting the game, I finally managed to pass it.

A great game, plenty to do, although it started to drag on a bit in the middle before finally picking up pace and adding variety towards the end (the 'corrupted' gravity gun was awesome to use). Also, those fucking striders were quite possibly one of the worst game design decisions, as were the AI 'teammates' later on, who had the intelligence of a labotomised cauliflower and frequently either got in your way or nudged you off ledges. Also, the typical Source Engine foibles with physics, where you'll often get stuck on a plank just lying around on the ground while trying to escape or dodge gunfire - very irritating.
Now go play the episodes. Episode 2 is especially good.
ICO: If games were considered art, ICO would be one of the main reasons. Such a spectacular game! It gives you a unique experience that no other game offers or maybe no other than Shadow of the Colossus. Difficulty of the puzzles is just right and the game is incredibly well designed. You should definitely play the 3D version (with a 3D tv and glasses) which multiplies the beauty of the game. 9.5/10

List of all games finished in the last years with best and worst games played in each year
Post edited May 06, 2014 by damien
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

Played through all of Diablo 3 plus the reaper of souls expansion content with the new crusader class. I really like what they did with the new improved loot system and ability to change difficulty to whatever you want. Makes the game much more fun when you don't have to go through the game twice to get to a diffculty that is actually challangeing.

As for Act V, I'd have to say its now one of my favourite acts alongside act 1. Really liked the setting and new monsters in it. Its probably not worth the full game price tag is has at the moment unless your a huge Diablo fan, in which case you will already have it. Worth grabbing around the $10-20 mark though.
Finally, the (reverse?) circle is complete.

Anomaly Warzone Earth

The only one that I didn't complete on my tablet thanks to the fact it doesn't have a tablet version. How does the original stand against its successors? Well, it's harder than them. The presence of the commander unit makes things noticeably more difficult, since you can no longer use your abilities wherever you desire and if your commander is knocked out, you have to wait 3 (usually very crucial) seconds till you can use abilities again. Visually, the game's higher resolution allows you to witness more clearly the destruction wreaked by the Anomaly. Other than those, the game plays very much like the other Anomaly games; good old tower offense fun. Let's see whether 11 bit Studios will succeed with Anomaly Defenders, the tower defense take on the series.

Another game for the list.
Last night I completed Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon for the Wii. It's a pretty good game with a cool atmosphere and cool exploration. The combat may seem weak but it's a survival game so the combat is not the main focus. I would recommend it to anyone with a Wii and who's interested in survival post-apocalyptic games.
Escape Goat

I finished this last week, can't remember the day exactly, so I just used 30-Apr in the cumulative list.

I was surprised how easy the main level set was. I beat the game in 2 hours 45 minutes, completing all rooms. There were some rooms which were much harder than others, but overall it wasn't much of a challenge. That is not necessarily a negative, I enjoyed the game while it lasted and liked the mechanics. I just wanted more rooms. Yes, there is the extra level set but after three rooms of that, I quit. Frustratingly hard. Not due to puzzle elements but due to the absolute-precision platforming where if you don't hit jump and dash at exactly the right place, you die.
Deus Ex: The Fall
Actually liked this. Helped of course that I only just recently played through Deus Ex: HR and read the set-up novel for this game. I've played the Android version and it worked surprisingly well, even with the touchscreen controls. Of course using hand swiping is much slower than mouse and this did give some trouble on few parts. The enemies tend to flank you all the time, which is tricky with slow controls. Other than that, I only had one or two instances where I didn't enjoy the game. Of course this is just a small side story and not as deep as the main game. Still worth playing if you are Deus Ex fan. Although not so sure about the PC port, seems to be quite poor based on the Steam "reviews", not that those mean anything necessary. The mobile version has obviously IAP's and this is tied to the actual in-game store, which I did not use to buy anything. Well except for the tutorial item. Just wasn't necessary with stealth/melee approach. All and all I was pleasantly surprised about the game, especially after all the bs I've heard about it. Although, being in Deus Ex mood probably helped a lot. That novel was worth reading as well!
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

Everywhere, people say that this game is near-impossibly difficult. This used to effectively keep me from playing the game. However, many of those people also say that the game is definitely worth it, either regardless or thanks to the difficulty, which encouraged me to try the game myself too after all. And I am so glad I did: the game is without question really, really great. It's absolutely dripping with atmosphere, the combat is very deep and fun, the locales are well designed and they look amazing, there are numerous ways you can evolve your character and play style...and the difficulty is just right. There were few places where the game was actually unfair (could've done without a couple of one-shot deaths): as long as you're careful and don't underestimate your opponents, you always have a fair chance. Well, at least if you don't venture to a location you're way too low-level to handle. I would say, if the difficulty was any less severe, it would take a lot away from the atmosphere: since you're constantly on your toes, you need to pay more attention. You're not a god who can kill everything in its path from start to finish with little to no sweat: this makes the game a lot more interesting.

As far as action RPGs go, this one is probably my new favorite. It is just that good. I'll definitely be getting Dark Souls 2 at some point, unless the removal of GFWL later this year somehow makes online play impossible.
I recently finished the main story in Sleeping Dogs and I've just completed it's DLCs Year of the Snake and Nightmare In North Point. Great game, a little repetitive at times but most sandbox games suffer from that flaw. In my opinion it has a strong story and well written characters, at times you'll easily be able to guess what's going to who, but you could say that about most games I suppose. Graphically it's quite nice, it can be rather beautiful at night when it's raining. Despite hearing that it's buggy/glitchy, I only found three bugs/glitches in total and one of them was just a random crash. Overall I have no problems recommending this game to anybody who enjoys sandbox games.
DProject: As far as action RPGs go, this one is probably my new favorite. It is just that good. I'll definitely be getting Dark Souls 2 at some point, unless the removal of GFWL later this year somehow makes online play impossible.
I thought DS2 is steamworks, not GFWL, though I may be mistaken.
DProject: As far as action RPGs go, this one is probably my new favorite. It is just that good. I'll definitely be getting Dark Souls 2 at some point, unless the removal of GFWL later this year somehow makes online play impossible.
JMich: I thought DS2 is steamworks, not GFWL, though I may be mistaken.
It is? GOOD! Because the first three hours of gametime went to getting the f***ing DRM to work properly -_- If it's indeed not there in the sequel, that's a huge relief.
Valdis Story really nice metroidvania, lots of fun to play. I finished the game with one character, but I don't think I have the patience to try it out with the others; I am not sure if there are any story differences between them, but maybe some dialogue, not worth it from my POV. I think I enjoyed the gameplay of this game more than the story, which I wish went deeper than it did. But maybe the other characters expose more of it? I don't care at this point.

Dracula 4 + 5
I am guessing the negative reviews happened because it was a short game (even with D5), but the fact is that it's a fun story with okay puzzles. I wish the puzzles were tougher, though.

Others
Post edited May 07, 2014 by cmdr_flashheart
cmdr_flashheart: Valdis Story really nice metroidvania, lots of fun to play. I finished the game with one character, but I don't think I have the patience to try it out with the others; I am not sure if there are any story differences between them, but maybe some dialogue, not worth it from my POV. I think I enjoyed the gameplay of this game more than the story, which I wish went deeper than it did. But maybe the other characters expose more of it? I don't care at this point.
I really should go back to that one - I think I stopped after several hours when I had trouble getting even a B rank on some mid-boss fight.... Not a good reason, I know.
Post edited May 06, 2014 by kalirion
cmdr_flashheart: Valdis Story really nice metroidvania, lots of fun to play. I finished the game with one character, but I don't think I have the patience to try it out with the others; I am not sure if there are any story differences between them, but maybe some dialogue, not worth it from my POV. I think I enjoyed the gameplay of this game more than the story, which I wish went deeper than it did. But maybe the other characters expose more of it? I don't care at this point.
kalirion: I really should go back to that one - I think I stopped after several hours when I had trouble getting even a B rank on some mid-boss fight.... Not a good reason, I know.
There's practically a trick to beating each boss. Worse to worst, you can always grind.

Actually, by the end, I think I got points off for finishing a fight too quickly- not enough combo-ing.
kalirion: I really should go back to that one - I think I stopped after several hours when I had trouble getting even a B rank on some mid-boss fight.... Not a good reason, I know.
cmdr_flashheart: There's practically a trick to beating each boss. Worse to worst, you can always grind.

Actually, by the end, I think I got points off for finishing a fight too quickly- not enough combo-ing.
Well, my hand-eye coordination isn't all that great, so unless its a really cheap trick, I have trouble anyway.

I was able to beat that boss, but not well enough to get any attribute point awards, and the savepoint was more than a couple screens away so I just said "nah, not now." That was back in December or so >_>