It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DProject: Bridge Constructor

I made each level accessible to at least cars, so I'm calling it beaten. I could still make each level accessible to trucks and a tanker too but meh, that's a challenge that doesn't sound very fun. Anyway, the game's pretty good, but I think the fun is mostly in designing each bridge in true madman-style, rather than making bridges that could theoretically actually exist. I always thought it was really hilarious whenever a bridge would completely collapse right after I had had my cars to the finish line. The game's definitely not perfect, though: for example, the physics can go all apeshit and send cars,even trucks flying in multiple backflips from time to time. Cars can also pass through solid matter, if they hit floor pieces roof first, and will be left tangling by their tires. Also you can't choose yourself whether or not you can have a floor piece, or a support piece, which was sometimes really annoying and had to be circled around somehow. But for the ~10 hours the game lasted, it was pretty fun despite its flaws.
I'm playing it at the moment and I would never use most of the bridges I build in real life, even if I know that they support trucks (once). I mean, would YOU use this bridge? (See attachment.)

My biggest complain so far is that the bridge doesn't behave itself the same way every time, even if I don't change anything. I didn't notice it with cars and trucks but now with tank trucks it's obvious.
Attachments:
Dotur: I'm playing it at the moment and I would never use most of the bridges I build in real life, even if I know that they support trucks (once). I mean, would YOU use this bridge? (See attachment.)

My biggest complain so far is that the bridge doesn't behave itself the same way every time, even if I don't change anything. I didn't notice it with cars and trucks but now with tank trucks it's obvious.
Haha, yeah I did bridges like that all the time. Where's the fun in creating supersafe, reliable, working bridges? Anyway, yeah I forgot to mention what you said about bridges not behaving the same way every time. It was definitely pretty irritating.
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. It was a bit shorter than I remember, but otherwise, it was just as great this last time as it was the billion times I played it as a kid. Fun gameplay, awesome (if sometimes cheesy) cutscenes, great music and sound effects--just a great game all around. What else can I say?
16.04.2014 - Heretic Kingdoms: Inquisition
Mixed feelings about this one. Liked:
- Setting
- Idea of anti-religious inquisition
- No dwarfs and elven.
- Idea of Dreamworld.
- Learning new skills by using items.

Didn't like:
- Too little RPG, too much hack'n'slash.
- The setting felt underused.
- Main quest felt a little short.

Overall - I had a good time playing.
Just finished Evoland.

Well, this is certainly one of those cases which convince me that buying a game digitally on day one is fundamentally a bad idea. Aside from the various patches that the game has received in the meantime (including one for gamepad support!), Evoland simply isn't very good. It's an intriguing idea, no doubt about that, but fundamentally everything about the game just doesn't work. It can't decide whether it's an homage to 1980s and 1990s RPGs or a parody/satire of them. It makes painfully unfunny prods at RPG tropes, with the final boss keeping me facepalming all the way through with all kinds of tacky, out-of-place references. I did have a giggle at some of the 'achievements' though.

It refers to countless aspects of RPG evolution over two decades, but doesn't really do a particularly good job at implementing any of them. They're lip service, nothing more.

**MINOR SPOILER**

(Oh, and non-French speakers may not notice that the bad guy "Zephyros" is pronounced exactly how "Sephiroth" is pronounced in French. Unfortunately the German translation from the original French seemed to have missed this point and left the name as is, even though Sephiroth in German is pronounced "Seh-fee-rot")
Post edited April 17, 2014 by jamyskis
include me

So far this year:

Dragon Age:Origins: (x2) Did runs with a couple different characters that I was thinking about, as well as finally getting around to completing Witch Hunt and Golems of Amgarrak, which I've owned for some time but never played.
Dragon Age:Awakening: (I'd never actually completed this expansion before this run. Had set it aside a couple times and never gotten back to it)
Risen 2:Dark Waters: I've seen a lot of people posting how disappointed they were in this game. While I do prefer the first if it came down to being forced to choose, I still found this one was really good fun and quite well done.
Drakensang:The Dark Eye: Great rule set, fun game (more than worth what I paid for it), and incredibly stable. Had only a single freeze-up with it. No crashes or other issues.
Drakensang:The River of Time/Phileasson's Secret: Same as above with improvements in graphics, some mechanics, and gameplay, although I think I preferred the original overall.

Expeditions:Conquistador What a great, great game.

Dust: An Elysian Tail. Good, solid platformer with some fun gameplay elements. Recommended.

Driftmoon. Picked it up in the most recent Insomnia sale and it was more than worth the money. I'll be keeping an eye out for their next game.

Galaxy on Fire 2 HD: Surprisingly fun, if fairly basic, space flight/trading sim with a bit of a story to boot.

Eschalon Book I: Played through it before, but thought I'd run through the first two again before tackling Book III, just for a refresher.

Peggle: addictive little game. Very nice pickup for free on Origin.

Fallout 1: went for the nuclear finish. Satisfying. :)

Wasteland 2: Wow, even though there are plenty of bug issues for the devs to work out... what a great game. I got this as a bonus for my pledge to the Pillars of Eternity kickstarter and I must say it's just an awesome game.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Coelocanth
PixelJunk Shooter

It was ... "ok". Very polished, but also very casual. A puzzle/shooter with no challenging puzzles and light on the shooting. Easy throughout, except a few cases where I died until I realized what I was supposed to do. Final boss was a bit of a chore though, and then the cliffhanger ending was annoying.

But the polish and slight variation in the puzzle mechanics kept me from being bored. Overall I'm glad I played it, but also glad I got it from a bundle.
Post edited April 18, 2014 by kalirion
Guacamelee

A fun platformer with sometimes frustrating but inventive environmental puzzles; the premise is silly but plot straight forward. Recommended but over before I knew it (10 hours) and I still have stuff left to unlock (one playthrough, first mask orb)
Worms 2

It was nostalgia that made me play worms 2 again, thinking it was one of the best in the series. Its really not, Worms Armageddon is a much better worms game.

The missions are fine up until the last 5 or so and then they are just frustrating AI puzzles trying to figure out exacatly what you need to do next. This is because most of them are played in straight sudden death mode with 1 hp where you are outnumbered at least 2 to 1. There is alot of replaying the missions over and over at this point.
Dracula - The Resurrection (19th April 9:50pm)

This is a weird one for me since I got nostalgic playing it halfway though since I remembered playing it onthe Playstation 1 in the 90s. Its not the best point and click game ever nor does it have a good ending but there is a simple story there and the visual of the game is good.

Just looked the game up. 2001? I remember playing it earlier than that
Post edited April 19, 2014 by mrking58
mrking58: Dracula - The Resurrection (19th April 9:50pm)

This is a weird one for me since I got nostalgic playing it halfway though since I remembered playing it onthe Playstation 1 in the 90s. Its not the best point and click game ever nor does it have a good ending but there is a simple story there and the visual of the game is good.

'99-2000, apparently, depending on language.
mrking58: Dracula - The Resurrection (19th April 9:50pm)

Cavalary: '99-2000, apparently, depending on language.
It could of been in early 2000, I guess my memory is playing tricks on me
Hotline Miami

Quirky game with disposable/silly plot that has puzzle like stealth action levels; gameplay felt novel and fun but the story was unamusing. Different masks altering abilities makes replay good; enemy variety never really changes must but does a good job of making you feel like you "almost" made it when dying and has a good "just one more try" compulsory replay pattern.
Just completed Dead Rising: Chop Until You Drop on the Wii.

It's essentially the original Dead Rising (which was only released on the Xbox 360), but remade in the Resident Evil 4 engine. And it actually...kinda works well.

With the exception of the Wiimote aiming, which worked quite well, most of the motion controls were fairly superfluous to be honest - shake the Wiimote while aiming to reload, shake it hard while holding a knife or sword to deal out a hard blow. Also, the game got a little repetitive towards the end and the finale was dragged out beyond its welcome, but there was a nice reward at the end in the form of the Odd Jobs and Second Amendment mini-games, which are really good fun.
just a quick update about games finished, not realy had much time/patience to do any games but I have managed so squeeze these two games in.

puzzle dimension - quite a nice mind bender
Doc clock... - interesting idea, just doesn't really go anywhere and several bugs in the game persist.

have fun with your own personal gaming goals! :D

see what else I have been up to here!
Post edited April 20, 2014 by platercake