It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

And here's my 2nd abandoned game of the year: Aselia the Eternal. Just too hard for me, I've restarted the game several times trying different strategies to level my characters. Each time I get a little farther, hit an impossible mission, and spend many hours trying again. Rather than a strategy game, it feels more like a puzzle game. Infinite combinations of what you can do, but only one right answer to be successful. It's too bad, as the story was starting to get really good after its slow start.

I might look into finding a cheat program later. I hate doing that, but I can't beat it with any reasonable amount of effort and I really want to see how the story plays out. For right now though, I'm fed up and putting it back on the shelf.
Nobake: And here's my 2nd abandoned game of the year: Aselia the Eternal. Just too hard for me, I've restarted the game several times trying different strategies to level my characters. Each time I get a little farther, hit an impossible mission, and spend many hours trying again. Rather than a strategy game, it feels more like a puzzle game. Infinite combinations of what you can do, but only one right answer to be successful. It's too bad, as the story was starting to get really good after its slow start.

I might look into finding a cheat program later. I hate doing that, but I can't beat it with any reasonable amount of effort and I really want to see how the story plays out. For right now though, I'm fed up and putting it back on the shelf.
You're probabyl looking for this thread. ;)
Finished Planescape: Torment (about damn time) and Tomb Raider (2013). Up next is BioShock Infinite, Batman: Arkham Origins, Ni no Kuni, and towards the end of the year Witcher 1 & 2 to get prepped for Wild Hunt in February.
Finished three Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight 2014 prototypes (I don't have access to Pendleton Ward's prototype). All those could be interesting games, we'll see if any of them is turned into a real game.

Full list is [urlhttp://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post57=here][/url].
Soulcaster

I bought the ShinyLoot Bundle mainly for this game. The idea of combining an RPG with Tower Defense mechanics isn't bad, but it was a very short (less than 2 hours) and easy game. I was also really annoyed that enemies popped up from seemingly nowhere and thus, you couldn't apply any strategy since you couldn't know where they were coming from without restarting the level. Oh, and thanks to those narrow areas, the archer was mostly useless. All in all, it was an OK game, but nothing special.

Full List
Post edited March 12, 2014 by Grargar
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, on the Nintendo DS.

It's like Symphony of the Night, but worse, with boring bosses, a boring castle, and a borderline nonsensical story. Oh well. Hopefully Circle of the Moon will be better. That's going to be several games down the line, though.
Organ Trail: Director's Cut

Pretty fun and addictive, though the game looks like it could run on the Atari, and not just because of the graphics (I don't mean to disrespect the consoles, but it is 2014, after all). The minigames were pretty repetitive and simple, but the game was short enough so that it didn't overstay its welcome. Supplies were never really an issue, except for maybe fuel and medikits, and the game wasn't therefor particularly challenging (at least on Normal), but that's alright. I thought it was funny how the survivors would get broken arms and whatnot during travels, though. Road trips are risky business. Anyway, the game surely gets my recommendation.
Blackguards. A nice turn based tactical game with the complex pen & paper ruleset of The Dark Eye. I think you can only love it or hate it (I love it), because battle after battle after battle after battle for roughly 50 hours, isn't exactly everyone's cup of tea. And the difficulty is... unpredictable. Some fights are pretty easy, but other fights are ridiculously hard, so that you'll have to restart them a couple of times.

I can recommend Blackguards to everyone who really likes turn based, tactcal combat. If you're interested in Blackguards, check out a gemeplay video. I think 99% of all videos I've seen are representative for the game (becuase 99% of the game are battles).

Full list
I just finished Psychonauts and I feel terribly empty. Even though I have a long list of games to play, I'd have loved to be stuck with it for months. It's much similar to the feeling you get when you end a book you love, and very few games gave me that.
I recommend it to, well, everyone. Platform lovers will be delighted, but not only them. I passed through *every* level and every skill thinking "wow, this is even more genius than before!"!
A surprise in every part. Oh, I'll miss Raz.
Include me :)

Gomo
Bridge Constructor
Duke Nukem 3D
Kairo
Lilly Looking Through
Card City Nights
Shogo Mobile Armor Division
Fist Puncher
The 7th Guest
Downfall (twice)
Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe
Galcon Legends
Gilrs Like Robots
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames!
Legions of Ashworld
The Black Mirror
Lovely Planet
Devil's Dare
Yesterday
Braveland Wizard

:)
Post edited December 15, 2014 by vicklemos
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition

An RPG where you control a GM and his group of Pen and Paper players while they themselves control a group of characters in said Pen and Paper game. Yeah, seems like the Onion and Xzibit were on to something.

Anyway, as far as the game goes, it's your typical turn-based RPG with the expected dose of parody (instead of classes you get stereotypes like the nerd, the hipster, the jock, etc. and you get also quite a lot of fourth wall breaking) that comes from the premise. Neither something overly brilliant, nor particularly taxing. A bit light on the difficulty but a bit heavy on the grinding. It also features microtransactions which, while not necessary or intrusive, raise quite a big question mark as to their usefulness.

The updated list.
Attachments:
7j7h1.jpg (50 Kb)
Post edited March 14, 2014 by Grargar
rong44: Who would like to tackle this one next?

Command and Conquer Ultimate Collection Origin key GE8G-DGK6-4TS4-58BK-RT8E
I just noticed that I forgot to thank you. Sorry about that.
Thank you very much, had I bought the games here they whould be censored.

The reason that I remembered that I forgot to say my thanks: I just finished Command & Conquer.

This game, compared to "Dune 2" and "WarCraft", aged surprisingly well. The controlls did their job, the graphics where fine and some of the music was good too and a journey back to my childhood.
The missions had some variety but there were too many missions without base-building. If I want something like that, I play "Commandos" or "Desperados".

It took me 26 hours to beat my second RTS in my life. The other being "WarCraft III". I think I rememer that I've beaten "Age of Empires" as a kid but nowadays I doubt it.

Here's my list.
Post edited March 15, 2014 by Dotur
Double Dragon Neon

Amazing game with amazing soundtrack.
Finished The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Episode 2.

It was a great story with several details changing depending on the player's decisions. I'm looking forward to playing the next episodes !

Full list here.
Post edited March 15, 2014 by sebarnolds
One Finger Death Punch

Strange how such a simple game can be so much fun, though the campaign overstayed its welcome IMO. I'll be back for the Survival mode, but I don't think I have the patience to do the first newgame+ difficulty campaign.

Master Reboot

Didn't expect to enjoy this game so much given the mixed reviews, but I did. The puzzles were mostly easy and in some levels non-existant, but it was mostly about the story and the atmosphere which were rather good. Also, some genuinely creepy moments.
Post edited March 17, 2014 by kalirion