It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG staffers collectively finished Octodad this last Friday and since I was one of them, I'll count that as one of my finished games this year :)
I finished Full Throttle..... on PSP!
DProject: Hitman: Contracts

I have played the game many years ago for the first time, but thought I'd refresh my memory now that they finally got the game on Steam. Unfortunately, as I recalled, I only like the even-numbered Hitman games. The first thing I dislike, is how they recycled levels from Hitman: Codename 47. The difficulty of the levels is really uneven, and a lot of the end game levels are really short and simple (plus they're all-around just uninspired). It's as if they were running out of development time before the release. And, the AI is completely boneheaded. It's easy to just make a little dance around them and either lure them to a secluded place or syringe them right then and there. Sometimes they don't care if there's a body almost right under their nose. Although occasionally they have eyes on their backs too. If you want to try a Hitman game, I would suggest either Silent Assassin or Blood Money. The odd-numbered, for some really weird reason, just aren't up to par with the others.
Oh that Hitman has got that awesome hotel mission. I played that lmission so much has a youth
DProject: Hitman: Contracts

I have played the game many years ago for the first time, but thought I'd refresh my memory now that they finally got the game on Steam. Unfortunately, as I recalled, I only like the even-numbered Hitman games. The first thing I dislike, is how they recycled levels from Hitman: Codename 47. The difficulty of the levels is really uneven, and a lot of the end game levels are really short and simple (plus they're all-around just uninspired). It's as if they were running out of development time before the release. And, the AI is completely boneheaded. It's easy to just make a little dance around them and either lure them to a secluded place or syringe them right then and there. Sometimes they don't care if there's a body almost right under their nose. Although occasionally they have eyes on their backs too. If you want to try a Hitman game, I would suggest either Silent Assassin or Blood Money. The odd-numbered, for some really weird reason, just aren't up to par with the others.
mrking58: Oh that Hitman has got that awesome hotel mission. I played that lmission so much has a youth
Yup, it's called Traditions of the Trade - a remade level that was first introduced in Hitman: Codename 47. That was a good level - among maybe two others :> (The Meat King's Party & Beldingford Manor: I thought the rest were pretty forgettable)
mrking58: Oh that Hitman has got that awesome hotel mission. I played that lmission so much has a youth
DProject: Yup, it's called Traditions of the Trade - a remade level that was first introduced in Hitman: Codename 47. That was a good level - among maybe two others :> (The Meat King's Party & Beldingford Manor: I thought the rest were pretty forgettable)
Just thinking about Traditions of the Trade makes me want to buy it again but I have to agree the other levels were awful.

Meat King was meh since they only searched you once what I remember
Just finished Lego Harry Potter years 5-7 on PC.

Again, an awesome game, even if the game felt just like the movies: rushed, because the books are indeed too big and too rich in action and events to be faithfully rendered as games or movies. But I still had lots of fun nonetheless, even if the lag problem was still here from time to time.

Now, LEGO HP will take place next to my LEGO LOTR game : games I will come back to from time to time, just to try to unlock more secrets. Taht's something I never do with games, but those LEGO games are just that good ! ^_^

So far in 2014: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post132
Ballpoint Universe: Infinite

Interesting mix of platforming & shmupping, though the "platforming" is strictly a way to get from one shmup mission to the next, as well as a bit of exploration for collectibles. I really liked the aesthetic too. In the end, I ended up using strictly melee weapons for the shmup missions, which I guess means it was really a "slice'm-up" for me.

If you play this game, do yourself a favor and switch to keyboard/gamepad for the platforming travel. Default Mouse control is barely passable at first, but then gets close to impossible when you actually have to be careful about jumping distances. Mouse can't be beat for the sh'mup sections though. It's just too bad you have to go to the main menu to keep switching between the control schemes - no good reason for all three methods to not be active at ones.

Lilly Looking Through

Charming little one-click inventory-less adventure game, Amanita Design style. Beautiful hand drawn levels - unfortunately rendered at a lower native resolution, 1280x720 perhaps - but still quite pretty. The puzzles are for the most Part a little Myst-style. Click everything to see what it does, and then try to figure out what exactly you're trying to do. Animations are unskippable unfortunately. And the "ending" is really just another screen which you would expect to be another puzzle - until the credits start rolling and you realize this title should've been labeled "Episode 1".

But I got the game as part of the Blink Bundle so definitely got my money's worth :)
Post edited February 04, 2014 by kalirion
Icewind Dale. I disliked it--dull, repetitive, badly balanced, poorly structured, I can't even begin to fathom why this game is so popular in these parts--but I beat it. And Heart of Winter. But not Trial of the Luremaster, because urgh.

I'm giving the sequel a chance, because I like third edition way better then second, and I hope that will help. We'll see.
Post edited February 04, 2014 by BadDecissions
I just finished Quake: Scourge of Armagon, the first mission pack for Quake.

This add-on is simply great.
The new enemies are fun to kill, the new weapons are fun to use, the music is even better than in the main game and the level design is awesome.
I think this is one of the best 1st-person-shooters I've played so far. My hopes for the second add-on are so high that I should take a break before I play it. Otherwise I can only be disappointed.

There are only two bad points I can think of.
- It's short. Only 3 1/4 hours.
- The endboss is way too easy. There where situations that took me around five or six tries to survive, but the last boss? Two tries. (I played on normal.)

Here's my list.
Post edited February 04, 2014 by Dotur
Hitman blood money (again)
Velvet Assassin (again)
I completed Mirror's Edge on my ps3 yesterday. I already had the game on pc (even twice, due to the Humble EA bundle, making it my most-bought game), but when I just got my ps3, and a saw a second-hand version of the game, I couldn't resist the idea of playing it on my new console. So I did. While flawed (why do they always have to chase Faith?) it is an impressive game.

I even managed to get the 'Test of Faith' achievement (don't shoot anybody during the game), and will probably sometimes return to it for the time trials, which seem to be without any enemies.
I finished a play-through of Shadowrun Returns, but haven’t had a chance to poke around in the editor yet. I really like the Shadowrun world and the mix of sci-fi and fantasy concepts, with lots of potential for creating stories for mod plotlines. I’m working on some of my own writing projects for now, so no time for modding in the near future with this game.

I’ve also completed just the main story-line for Borderlands 2 GOTY (game of the year). It took a little over 80 hours to explore the main quest-line and most of the side missions in a quick play through. It’s a great sequel to the first game, lots of additional minor content besides the four main DLC storylines added. I’m taking a quick look through the DLC quests before starting a new character.

I have Borderlands GOTY too, and really enjoy both of these games. Both main story-lines and DLC addons all revolve around the idea of being on a treasure hunt, and the looting is good throughout the gameplay.

In Borderlands 2, the weapons function less like conventional weapons with added attributes, projectile speed is more varied too. The world and quests are more fleshed out, with quest givers and inhabitants of Pandora moving around, instead of being static NPCs, and there are more airborne enemies to contend with.

With the art style, characters and creatures, even the writing all wonderfully unique and riddled with slapstick humor that is designed to fit so well together, this franchise has become a favorite FPS environment of mine. :D
Finished Broken Age - Episode 1 and I really enjoyed it. It lasted 3 hours and a half but it seemed a bit more to me. Anyway, I'm glad I backed this and it was really good. Reviews were mostly correct about the length (4-5 hours for one episode would be perfect) and the puzzles difficulty (though they were not TOO easy).

Complete list here.
And another game can be added to the list :) I finished the main storyline of Saints Row: The Third earlier today. It was a good and fun game, which I really liked to play. There's still some stuff to do in Steelport (especially the 'story' dlc), so I will return to it.
Finished Tomb Raider 1. My first 2014 completed game. First time to beat entire game, using DualShock 3 with Motionjoy. Great game, just to be used to those controls and camera. Atmosphere was good, you really feel like exploring those ancient tombs.
Post edited February 04, 2014 by Demo39