It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finished Cartagra, a murder mystery VN by Innocent Grey.

Can't really get too deep into the story, but I enjoyed it despite its flaws. Basically you've been hired to find someone who's been missing for the last few years, and there's also a series of gruesome murders occurring in the same area. Very interesting, with plenty of surprising twists and turns. However, it doesn't feel too much like you're an investigator. Too often a side character will come spoonfeed you the answers, or the protagonist himself makes some incredible leap of logic where it feels like he went from Point A to Point F, skipping all the steps in between.

Visually the art is pretty amazing. Vibrant, colorful, and detailed. The character images are the most expressive I've seen.

Music was perfectly serviceable, however nothing really stuck in my mind after playing. No bad tracks, but I won't be listening to the soundtrack on my own time.
Beyond Good & Evil

I won this game here so thanks again The Sigil and Sachys!

I had a blast playing this game so I can easily recommend it to anyone. It's one of those few hybrid games done right. In many cases when game tries to combine elements from many different genres it's weak in every on of them. It's not the case for Beyond Good & Evil.

I have to admin, action parts are solid but not really special. Fighting and platforming is simplified and repetitive. Prince of Persia Sands of Time (released ~at the same time, also by Ubisoft) is so much better at those but it actually focuses on those. Stealth part is interesting but with so little ways to distract enemies it becomes repetitive too. I'll continue with drawbacks: some puzzle solutions are overused. Pushing a robot into electric fence so many times... Not to mention air tanks trick (which is also pretty lame).

I really enjoyed making pictures. It was really great, especially as a way to earn monies. I didn't get all animals but quite a lot of them (49) and it was really interesting to look for them in various places. The story was great too! Sure, it was rather simple and straightforward but the way it was told was very satisfying. It was like a fairy tail! Exploring the world was very nice, with many interesting characters and hidden places with valuables.

If you like story driven games you should play it immediately. Even if some parts are not as good as they could have been you don't really notice it that much while playing the game because you want to learn what happens next so badly that you don't pay attention to minor nuisances. Highly recommended!

Full list
Include Me

This year for me so far :

PC

Battlefield 4 Campaign (free week off EA on this one)
Medal of Honor Warfighter Campaign
Lords of the Fallen
Middle Earth : Shadow Of Mordor
Bulletstorm (Again - 4th playthrough!)
Assassins Creed IV : Black Flag (Excellent start to finish)
Dishonored (Again - played through main story and bought DLC hence 2nd playthrough inc both DLC)
Judge Dredd : Dredd Vs Death (Again - lost count how many playthroughs)
Shadowrun Returns
Ace Combat : Assault Horizon
Batman : Arkham Origins
Bioshock Infinite
The Bureau : XCOM Declassified
Bully Scholarship Edition (This needed localisation with the Geography classes!)
Enslaved Odyssey to the West (Again after playing through it on PS3 when released)
Sniper Elite V2 (Freebie on Steam)

PS3 :

Destiny
Dark Souls 2 (Played through to completion twice)

Old School stuff all played on proper hardware :

Turrican - Atari ST
Last Ninja 1 & 2 - C64 (planning on LN3 this weekend)
Rick Dangerous - Amiga

Loads of stuff still ongoing though on the various systems I have, way to many to list!
Post edited November 12, 2014 by Iain
Journey of a Roach (WinXP)

Cute little adventure game. The style and sound effects are really neat and the possibility to crawl on walls and ceilings gives it some twist, I just wished it would have been longer, because it's incredibly short.

Full list:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post695
Post edited November 12, 2014 by Klumpen0815
Tiny Bang Story.

Very short game wich borderlines on puzzle over hidden object. Nice art and audio. My only frustration was the hint system was itself a puzzle and a couple of the puzzles escaped me with no way to advance other than to keep blind guessing. Overall the game was easy, save one or two spots where my brain just didn't see it the way the devs did. I'm sure many will not get stuck where I did. For how short the game was... I'd only recommend as a bundle game. Otherwise, was fun and unique.
Finished Altered Beast with a guide and a lot of F5/F9... and I barely beat the final boss. I will never play that game again as it did not age very well.

Full list here.
Post edited November 13, 2014 by sebarnolds
Klumpen0815: Journey of a Roach (WinXP)

Cute little adventure game. The style and sound effects are really neat and the possibility to crawl on walls and ceilings gives it some twist, I just wished it would have been longer, because it's incredibly short.

Full list:
Out of curiosity, if you don't mind answering, I've just gotten out of the bar, about how far am I from the end credits? I really enjoyed parts of the game but not enough to play for another two or three hours.
Iain: Include Me
PS3 :

Destiny
First off, congratulations on beating so many games, you are a better game finisher than I. Nextly, how were those games on the PS3? I am mostly concerned about performance, however, an opinion on DS2 would be appreciated
sebarnolds: Finished Altered Beast with a guide and a lot of F5/F9... and I barely beat the final boss. I will never play that game as it did not age very well.
Sounds like you did, in fact, play it?
Post edited November 13, 2014 by kalirion
Klumpen0815: Journey of a Roach (WinXP)

Full list:
NoNewTaleToTell: Out of curiosity, if you don't mind answering, I've just gotten out of the bar, about how far am I from the end credits? I really enjoyed parts of the game but not enough to play for another two or three hours.
The bar area took me longer than anything else in the game, I finished the area after this one in about an hour (or less?) and then it was finished.
sebarnolds: Finished Altered Beast with a guide and a lot of F5/F9... and I barely beat the final boss. I will never play that game as it did not age very well.
kalirion: Sounds like you did, in fact, play it?
Fixed, thanks :)

I'll never play it again.
Postal 1+2

Finished the first game last week and the second one yesterday.

"I regret nothing!". :D
A few days ago I finished Two Worlds 2 - Pirates of the Flying Fortress.

Again I have to say that it is a very beautiful game. The setting, the style, sound and music are all very well done. The addon continues after the story of the main game (the hero can be imported and can optionally be leveled up if the game deems him too weak), but it has no connection to the main game - it's an entirely different story set in a different place of the game world (although one area of the original game is "kind of revisited").

I put about 25 hours into the addon - but I didn't explore every nook and cranny and there were at least two side-quests I didn't finish. So a very thorough player may be able to squeeze 5-10 more hours out of it. Not bad for an addon.

Overall the addon is a far more "complete" product than the main game (see summary above). The threads leading to the conclusion are very clear. And the finale in itself is well done - not a crappy, tacked-on bullshit fight like in the main game. IMO the conclusion was even a little emotionally moving. which is impressive considered that I played the TW games with a rather casual attitude.
There are some little improvements over the main game: going by boat is not useless anymore but plays an important role. The free-moving dialogue camera was removed in favor of cinematic POV - with the addition that many important NPCs move around and gesture during key scenes - not quite Mass Effect level but still for me a pretty good immersion bonus.
There are only a handfull of recurring NPCs, but they are a lot more fleshed out than those in the main game.
It's a pity that this time you aren't allowed to freely explore after the ending - while I didn't feel the need to do this after Two Worlds 2 (where this is possible), this time I would probably have spent a few more hours in the game just exploring.

Verdict: 4/5. If you enjoyed Two Worlds 2, there should be no reason keeping you from the addon. Of course if you didn't like Two Worlds for reasons other than the sudden ending and the infuriating bossfight, you probably won't like TW2:PotFF either.
Iain: Include Me
PS3 :

Destiny
AnimalMother117: First off, congratulations on beating so many games, you are a better game finisher than I. Nextly, how were those games on the PS3? I am mostly concerned about performance, however, an opinion on DS2 would be appreciated
Funnily enough a lot of the stuff I had started previously and never finished but the past few months I have decided to finish the games I have that I was near the end instead of buying more and more!!!

Destiny was pretty cool, granted it does have short comings like when you get a card on it you have to access the website to read it instead of being able to read it in game. It has solid mechanics though, looks really nice and played well. I have done all the single player content and the co op missions which were pretty cool, usual multiplayer stuff though that I'm just not into at all so I got around 20 hours out of it before calling it a day.

DKS2 I loved start to finish, played through twice to see if it had an alternative ending like the prior souls games but it didn't! I didn't encounter any issues with framerate at all and it was not cheap in places like the first Dark Souls (Capra Demon in tiny room making it hard to dodge & archers at the top of the side of the building in Anor Londo anyone as an example). I must admit I haven't bothered with the DLC on it as I'm a bit tapped out on it. They keep tweaking the balance etc and it keeps wildly changing in favor of magic or melee. In the DLC they have also included a few items which can be annoying it you get invaded, there is a ring that makes you invisible while rolling and you lose your lock on the enemy. However, I reckon that shouldn't really affect you till late in the game, mind you last time I was helping out other players at the Iron Keep they kept getting invaded which does start getting annoying after a while. I like the co op play on the souls games but the invasions can be quite tedious.
I finished Stacking, and I don't want to talk about it. (In a good way.)

Does anyone else feel like that? You play a game, and it is just so fun and unique that you can't even think of how you could write a review for it. Some things are just better left to be played than explained.