It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Enebias: This is the first Lucas Arts game I have played, and I must say it definitely made a good impression!
Leroux: I envy you! All the great adventure games you can still discover ...

mrking58: A Bird Story (8th November 9:20am)

I liked it, I have thoughts on what To The moon 2 is going to be about. The boy wants to fly again or something like that.

I totally recommend people to play it even if it is a bit on the short side. No words but it tells a good story
Leroux: I've heard that it's short, but seeing that you've played through it now, can you tell us how short "short" is? I think To the Moon was about four hours, so is this two hours? One hour? Less?
I would say an hour maybe hour and a half
I finished Baldur's Gate 2 a month ago. I agree with the sentiment of many that while an Improvement overall to Baldur's Gate 1, it loses some sense of free-form exploration since you can't just meander about the countryside and find mini-adventures (as you could in BG1). Instead you must speak with an NPC, who will request assistance or provide directions and only then will a location you can visit be revealed.
Post edited November 09, 2014 by Negatus
- Dracula: Love Kills: a nice hidden objects games
- Grimm S1E04: more of the same

Full list here.
Been a while since I've been able to post here. Real life is overwhelmingly hectic at the moment.

The Shivah
GOG, completed 10/25

A point-and-click game by Wadget Eyes. Repetitive structure (find name, look it up online, find hint, look it up online) and game mechanics that don't go anywhere (in particular a system for combining keywords, which you use once). The story's OK. Good voice acting, I guess? Really, the whole thing kind of failed to make an impression.

Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
Steam, 11/17

I'd never played a hidden object game before, so when I saw this for a dollar as part of Steam's Halloween sale, I figured, why not? It turns out that I don't particularly like looking for arbitrary hidden objects that seem to have nothing to do with the story, and possibly I shouldn't have begun my foray into the genre with a game that seems to be aimed at young girls, but ... whatever. It's good to try new things, even if, as is they case here, I didn't really get much out of the experience.
Completed Hocus Pocus this weekend. Finished on Hard difficulty, found all treasures. Classic old school platformer. WIth 36 levels decent amount of gameplay. Doesn't take itself so seriously. Funny cut-text-screens and comments throughout.
Finished 4 Elements.

I had heard a lot about it and got it in a bundle. I'm a sucker for puzzle games and I wasn't disappointed! Not too long, not too short, not too easy, not too hard, it was just right! Of course, the visuals are a little dated, but it's still cute, so I really enjoyed that little game !

So far in 2014: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post132
xa_chan: Finished 4 Elements.

I had heard a lot about it and got it in a bundle. I'm a sucker for puzzle games and I wasn't disappointed! Not too long, not too short, not too easy, not too hard, it was just right! Of course, the visuals are a little dated, but it's still cute, so I really enjoyed that little game !

Yes, I enjoyed it very much.
Please vote for it on GoG:
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/4_elements
Finished Thief 4 again. Picked up the achievement for all secrets along the way. I loathe timing based gameplay elements, so unless something really weird happens, I'll have to just ignore the one for Challenge scores and be stuck at 36/37 for eternity.

Of note, I was able to get the game working on a first gen Surface Pro (although it crashed a bit, but was still playable) and I streamed it via Steam from desktop to laptop. Both were rough in places, but it worked for a full play through. Which really spotlights how poor some games were designed when they can't even install, yet alone play, on various hardware sets.
Pharaoh's Tomb (10th Nov 8:45pm)

A nice little platformer using the FAST engine. Can be beaten in a day or so. Plus I like his green hat and sometimes the lights go out (I don't get it)
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

Another good HOG/adventure hybrid from Artifex Mundi. I think it actually had more puzzles than HOG scenes this time.
Tomb Rider. Great game, finally a good tittle from this saga. I remember how dissapointed i was whith the lasts games. Now i can´t wait for Rise of the Tomb Rider.
Just finished Watch Dogs (PC).

Had a blast with it. While the gameplay + sandbox itself was great; and certainly, it's all a lot of fun to play...
...it's the (lack of) story + character development that weighs the game down. It's just kinda "meh", predictable, and pulls the game down from reaching the level of greatness that it should've reached.

Still, though - if you like GTA games; want some extra hacking + stealth thrown on top for good measure; and a variety of things to do - the game's a blast + must be played for those reasons alone.

Just don't expect character development, story, and plot to add up to anything worth much of a damn.

Added it my 2014 Completion List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post79
Post edited November 11, 2014 by MysterD
xa_chan: Finished 4 Elements.

Klumpen0815: Yes, I enjoyed it very much.
Please vote for it on GoG:
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/4_elements
Voted !
Finished tower of guns.It's a fun rougelike FPS.I enjoyed the shooting and different perks and guns which add variety to the game and finding the secrets there.The last boss is quite a big difficulty spike.It's a very fun game.Nice for 30-40 minutes of gameplay.
Blocks That Matter
Even if they are just losely connected (at least I think so), I wanted to play this game again before I start with Tetrobot & Co..

I have to say that Blocks That Matter has a special place in my heart, because it was the game that brought me back to commercial games after only playing freeware for several years (bought it in a Humble Bundle, because someone recommended it).

I still love it and even on a second playthrough, it is still terrible addictive. Only wanted to complete the adventure mode (which can be done in a few hours if you know what to do), but in the end I played for some evenings, collected all the BTMs, got a star in almost every level (I wonder if you can get a green star in every level?), completed all the bonus levels, the chocolate levels and even played some community levels.

Hope I will have as much fun with the sequel.

Complete list of finished games in 2014
Post edited November 12, 2014 by PaterAlf