It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

realkman666: Because it's sick and fantastic.
NoNewTaleToTell: Yep. Perhaps my all time favorite game that I've purchased here at GOG. If you (opticq or realkman666 or anybody haha) don't have Downfall, consider getting it. It's the first game set in the universe that it and The Cat Lady takes place in and some things carry over from Downfall to The Cat Lady. You can definitely play The Cat Lady as a standalone (I played The Cat Lady first), but after playing Downfall certain things and characters will make a LOT more sense haha.
Noted!
The Inner World

All in all, a very nice little adventure game with unique visuals, original ideas, enjoyable music, many good chuckles and fantastic (German) voiceovers. I just wish it was a little more polished.

There are some minor inconsistencies in the characters (e.g. Robert supposedly knowing nothing of the world due to his upbringing but then being able to make smartass comments that reveal he actually does) and in the (German) forms of address ("du", "ihr", "Sie", old-fashioned "Ihr", partially all mixed in the same dialogues; probably not a problem in the English translation though). And the dialogues don't pay much attention to chronological order, so if you don't do everything in the order the devs expect you to do it, the characters might talk about things and use names they haven't even heard yet. But I also had the game hang at several occasions, when an animation wouldn't play and I had to quit and reload to continue; also happened to me with the credits that wouldn't start to roll after I had finished the game, only in this case reloading didn't help. I also noticed that the background music would stop during small cutscenes and only continue afterwards, which sounded odd, there were two or three lines of dialogue missing a sound file, and sometimes the lip-sync was off.

The puzzle design was hit or miss. The game has a very good in-built hint system, so you won't need to consult a walkthrough, but the downside is that you will feel tempted to use it a lot if you're not the patient type, and some puzzles really seem to require using it, as their solution is very roundabout and following the weirdest adventure game logic. I guess I would have prefered more logical puzzles and better in-game hints to an in-built hint system for obscure puzzles. I think one flaw in the puzzle design is also that often you can't fully figure out yourself how everything could be connected, because instead of the game giving you access to all parts of the puzzle, some are only revealed after doing seemingly random things before you know what they're good for and why you're doing them in the first place.

Still, a good recommendation for fans of original adventure games, particularly those with humor and unique settings.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Started off rough, lost the funding of two countries, lost twelve soldiers, and had wide-spread mass hysteria taking over the globe, but once I finally got my central group of hardcore badasses properly identified and geared up, it was a total cakewalk. Sure, the first time I tried to get through the last mission was a complete disaster, but after some more training with some more better gear, I was waltzing my way through alien viscera once again, and I kicked those scummy jerkbags off my gahdamn planet.

And it was so much fun. I admit that I was a tiny bit skeptical about the hype train surrounding this game. I'd played and absolutely loved the hell out of Shadowrun Returns, which I learned about halfway through Dead Man's Switch that it's combat system was greatly based on XCOM's, and I'd played the demo for Enemy Unknown itself, but I still wondered if it could really be as good as people were saying . . . and yet it totally was.

Taking advantage of the specials being offered by Steam and Green Man Gaming at the moment, I've gone ahead and bought Enemy Within, Slingshot, and the Elite Soldier pack. I'm gonna be setting the game aside for the moment (time to kill my way through the first Borderlands' DLC), but I look extremely forward to heading back and seeing what new stuff awaits me in my second playthrough.
Just finished Wasteland 2. Definitely plenty of bugs left to squash, but what a game. I'm going to jump right back in and do another run. I was addicted to this one from the time I fired it up. Really great game, IMO. I'm not the biggest fan of turn-based games, but I can't imagine this one not being turn-based. I can't wait to see what inXile do with Tides of Numenera now. Really pleased I backed that one, if the gameplay in this one is anything to judge by.

Full list of completed games Here.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Coelocanth
So, I've started getting places, and I'm not quite finish em yet but by the end of tonight I will be through Pokemon Y and Ys 7

Then I'll be trying to close out Disgaea 4 and Fire Emblem Awakening.
10-19-14 Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Now this was interesting, mostly because of my screw-up. Started playing the game and really enjoyed it, but just kept dying a lot. Especially the boss fights seemed bit unfair. So game felt bit unbalanced, but despite this I wanted to finish this. I knew that it is not the most longest game. And really liked the settings (western doh!) as well as the music and scenery. Even if there was some recycling of the maps and game play is linear. After beating the game I got two achievements, which is not unheard of. Still, went to check them: one cheevo for the ending (evil!) and one for beating the game on Hard. Whoops! No wonder the game was hard :D
Effin moron --> me
Awesome game and the way the story got told was really cool. More of this please!
Just finished Legend of Grimrock 2 - I didn't finish all the side quests or get all the secrets, but I definitely want to get to them at some point though. Anyway, fantastic game, some oddities, but still incredibly enjoyable. And yes, I'd say it's better than the original.
Arx Fatalis

I got this game from IAmSinistar and AnonymousGiftBot amazing giveaway and I'm sure there is no better way to say "thank you" then by playing the game.

Overall it was a very enjoyable experience. I was a bit discouraged at the beginning because of the amnesia-suffering-errand-boy cliché but I decided to turn a blind eye to it (still, it's the weakest part of the game). I've heard that the magic system is kinda unique so I created my character as a spellcaster. Just as I expected the first part of the game was rather difficult because I didn't know powerful spells yet. On the other hand middle to late game was fairly easy. The final boss battle was, however, a nightmare because casting any spell on him is a suicide! Grr! I hate it when a reasonable character build is unfairly screwed! But I managed to beat him nonetheless and got the best ending (branching appears a bit earlier but still).

I wholeheartedly recommend this game. Nice dungeon crawling experience + some challenging puzzles to boost (there are opponents that you have to beat with your mind, magic and brutal force are useless against them)

Full list
realkman666: Because it's sick and fantastic.
NoNewTaleToTell: Yep. Perhaps my all time favorite game that I've purchased here at GOG. If you (opticq or realkman666 or anybody haha) don't have Downfall, consider getting it. It's the first game set in the universe that it and The Cat Lady takes place in and some things carry over from Downfall to The Cat Lady. You can definitely play The Cat Lady as a standalone (I played The Cat Lady first), but after playing Downfall certain things and characters will make a LOT more sense haha.
Wait so Downfall first then Cat Lady? I don't have Downfall and haven't started Cat Lady so I guess I'll pick a different game until I can finish some more games.

Let's see....Trine 2 - Complete Story
Post edited October 20, 2014 by opticq
opticq: Wait so Downfall first then Cat Lady? I don't have Downfall and haven't started Cat Lady so I guess I'll pick a different game until I can finish some more games.
The Cat Lady can be played without knowing Downfall (I've played it like that) and you won't see any problems with it. But it does contain a LOT of cameos and references to Downfall and it's really enjoyable to see how the dev linked those two games. It's not necessary by all means but I would still recommend playing Downfall first. Some of those references are really well crafted ;)
Sacred 2 on PC - Pretty good if you're into exploration, collecting loot and lots and lots of hacking and slashing.

Yakuza 3 on PS3 - Didn't know what to expect but really enjoyed it. The only game which I've been genuinely interested in the long cut-scenes developing the story.
opticq: Wait so Downfall first then Cat Lady? I don't have Downfall and haven't started Cat Lady so I guess I'll pick a different game until I can finish some more games.

Let me assist you:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1170
(Downfall got a freeware release and there is a remake in the way)

Fallout 2 + latest Restoration Patch.
Fallout 2 is great. EPA and mutated plant quest really shine in the RP (last time I played EPA was a bit different and improvements really make a difference). After all those years I could finally save V13 deathclaws and get a good ending slide for them!

Like I said you can definitely play The Cat Lady as a standalone, it just has some crossovers (like a couple of characters and scenarios) and as the good Gray Zombie Cat mentioned below, Downfall was just recently made (legally) freeware as there is a remake on the way.
Platypus 2

A fun sh'mup with a really cool art style that suffers from being too easy on Easy and too hard on Normal. Oh and this little issue with having only mono-audio routed to only the right speaker....

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne

Dunno why I kept putting it off, but finally scratched this one off my backlog. I liked it, but not as much as I remember liking the first one when I played it 4-5 years back.
Journey of a Roach

Postapocalyptic fun with bugs. It was better than I thought. Some pixel hunting and some fiddly precision work for one puzzle slightly marred my enjoyment of this otherwise quite funny and trippy journey. If you're looking for a cute, short, nonverbal adventure game with humor and more puzzles than plot and you have played through Botanicula already, I recommend this one over Gomo - unless you suffer from motion sickness.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by Leroux