It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just finished The House of the Dead: Overkill. Same story and same over-the-top dialogues. It was fun. I wouldn't play rail shooters everyday but it was a nice break from other more serious games.

Full list here.
Smannesman: Ah I thought this was the "Games Finished in 2014" thread, but apparently this is the "2014 Game Commercials" thread.
Boy I feel silly now.
xplay1989: oh, sorry. maybe i didn't get it right. the thread is about finished games in 2014, meaning games i played? i tought is about the latest games on the market. so sorry!

So to respect the thread this is what i played this year: Zeno Clash
Yes, this thread is about games you've actually beaten (or personally consider beaten.)
IShoot4lolz: Recently finished The Witcher 1. A very pleasant game that I finished in about 20 hours. Great story telling elements and characters, and plenty of plot twists. Though I must admit I sort of rushed through this game so that I could hurry up and get to the Witcher 2 which I've heard great things about. But no doubt I'll probably come back to this one in the future, and see how the story unfolds when I take a different side.

Full list here.
I am playing this currently. I am enjoying it a lot. I think I have played for almost 20 hours and I am not very far into it at all. Just started chapter 3 I think.

Out of interest, what level were you when you finished?
From what I remember:

Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist of Dusk
Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of Dusk Sky
Beyond: Two Souls
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Driftmoon
Ether One
Final Fantasy Dimensions
Ikaruga
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
Lifeless Planet
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Long Live the Princess
Okami HD
Shovel Knight
Tales of Xillia
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Touhou 06: The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
Tower of Guns
Ys IV: Memories of Celceta

Games in Italic are merely replay... include me , thanks!
Post edited August 05, 2014 by Roger_mkii
I finally finished The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks
and have to say, that it was the worst Zelda game ver made by Nintendo.

In the end I was just relieved to finally have gotten through it.
Besides the horrible style of the NDS Zeldas (which I can overlook) the whole railsystem is really screwed.
Most of the time ingame you are driving from point A to point B on rails but although you cannot control much of it, you have to stay at the screen because now and then annoying critters attacky you.
If qou want to have all the hearts and abilities you have to do this nearly ALL THE TIME.

Finally after having all stamps, hearts and abilities I read somewhere, that in order to get the full ending you need the golden train. Well, I thought "no problem" because I already had half of it because I found every treasure chest in the game and didn't need much more treasure for the last two.
It can't be this hard to get 3 white pearl necklaces and 3 palace dishes, right?`how wrong I was. I spent weeks buying those lucky cards, checking every day for the prize to be what I need or to have the traders including Terri to have the items in their shops but nope. No way to get white pearls or Palace Dishes at all.
In between I played those annoying mini games over and over again and in the end had DOZENS of rare items but not nearly enough of the f***ing "Palace Dish". I ended up with 25x golden coin, 20x mystic jade, even 4x alchemy stone in addition to the ones I actually needed and 5x regal ring but still short of 2 palace dishes! I finished the whip minigame 25 times in under 1:10 without getting the damned thing.
One evening I even started screwing with my DSs date setting to get the item changes and prizes faster but it made no difference, still over about 20000 rupies worth of stuff I didn't need.
And that, my dear folks, is why Nintendos random generators are shit, I had similar problems with finding the sould in the castlevania games like Dawn of Sorrow, which at least was a great game nonetheless.

But the horror didn't end there!
After having the blasted gloden train I had no problem at all finishing the demon train and all the stages of the last boss until the point where you have to protect Zelda to let her cast her spell, but after some slight frustration I finally made that too.

The worst part was still to come.
Nearly before the end you have to play the damned flute/microphone once again and although every song before in the game was no problem I needed two dozen tries to let her recognize it, because the microphone made a stuttering out of some blows. Graaarr. No near to ragequitting right before the end.... then I made it and the ending was lame.
End of Story.
I finally beat La Mulana. I did resort to online hints in some cases, but I tried to use them only as a last resort and I think I had good judgement on when to use them because a few of those puzzles were obtuse to the point that I think it's unlikely I would have stumbled on the solutions even by accident. The biggest stumpers were things in which you had to use the controls or interact with the environments in ways the game hadn't previously trained you to do.

I absolutely loved the game and I'm almost in awe of how well-designed it is. There are lots of Metroid-type games across the gaming landscape these days, and many of of them are quite fun to play, but La Mulana still stomps the guts out of them. The combination of action/reflex-based gameplay with puzzle-solving requiring meticulous note-taking worked extremely well for me. At a certain point I started translating by hand the tablets the software couldn't yet decipher, just because I could. Solving puzzles or overcoming tough enemies was as rewarding as I can remember of any game I've played in recent years. Very much looking forward to the sequel now.
IShoot4lolz: Recently finished The Witcher 1. A very pleasant game that I finished in about 20 hours. Great story telling elements and characters, and plenty of plot twists. Though I must admit I sort of rushed through this game so that I could hurry up and get to the Witcher 2 which I've heard great things about. But no doubt I'll probably come back to this one in the future, and see how the story unfolds when I take a different side.

Full list here.
htown1980: I am playing this currently. I am enjoying it a lot. I think I have played for almost 20 hours and I am not very far into it at all. Just started chapter 3 I think.

Out of interest, what level were you when you finished?
I'm not sure, I think I might have been in the thirties. As I said, I kinda rushed through it because I wanted to play the Witcher 2, which I am enjoying a lot right now.
Add the crazy, silly, and insanely ridiculous Saints Row IV to my list of finished PC games in 2014.

That list, it's over there:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post79
I wouldn't say Defender's Quest converted me into a tower defense fan, but it was a pretty charming game overall.
andysheets1975: I wouldn't say Defender's Quest converted me into a tower defense fan, but it was a pretty charming game overall.
DQ is to Tower Defense as Puzzle Quest is to Match-3. You can love it without caring for the genre in general :)
Micy Roll
The mouse is on the moon which means I reached the original goal of the game. But to see the true ending sequence I have to find four parts of a key, which means I have to go back and find more or less every secret in the game (at the moment I only found one key part). Right now I'm not willing to to that.

Game itself is quite charming with nice graphics and a beautiful soundtrack (which you can download for free). The kind of game that is easy to learn, but hard to master (especially if you want all ink blots and all the secrets). Sometimes it became a little frustrating, because I knew exactly what to do, but failed over and over again.

Thank you to xckx who gifted me the game!

Complete list of finished games in 2014
Post edited August 07, 2014 by PaterAlf
I just got 100% completion in Saints Row: The Third. It took fifty three hours and it was completely worth it.
Just finished Garshasp: The Monster Hunter.

Essentially a poor man's God of War, with its primary claim to fame being that it is one of the few games around to have been developed in Iran. It's also based on an ancient Persian myth. I picked it up in a bundle years and years ago.

Given the game's meagre budget, you can forgive the ropey graphics and the horrendous voice acting (except the narrator, whose work was quite serviceable, and had me thinking of Bastion). What was less forgiveable was the extremely imprecise controls and the appalling collision detection. Neither was a real problem early on when you could get through with button mashing, but later on it became a real issue when you had only a short time to destroy certain enemies, less other problems arise.
high rated
The Longest Journey

Livin' the good old glorious day of point and click adventure genre haha :D TLJ is old, but still worth playing nowadays, it sure has a very pretty concept and great story. Can't wait for its newest reboot edition which will release around this November :)

You can read my review here
Tiny and Big

It's good, but would like a sequel exploring the insane mole people.