It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mr.Caine: To The Moon-an indie gem with beautiful score and a fantastic story.There's little gameplay to be found here but you'll be so moved by it's story you won't care.Simply wonderful.
Hm, I felt the opposite. The game was somewhat moving and did have some nice music, but that was definitely not enough for me. I felt any hint of an interesting story was overshadowed by the embarrassingly unfunny dialogue, the sloppy/strewn together visuals, and a bunch of tedious gameplay moments.
Mr.Caine: To The Moon-an indie gem with beautiful score and a fantastic story.There's little gameplay to be found here but you'll be so moved by it's story you won't care.Simply wonderful.
Austrobogulator: Hm, I felt the opposite. The game was somewhat moving and did have some nice music, but that was definitely not enough for me. I felt any hint of an interesting story was overshadowed by the embarrassingly unfunny dialogue, the sloppy/strewn together visuals, and a bunch of tedious gameplay moments.
By embarrassingly unfunny dialogue I presume you mean the two scientists stereotypical nerd humor? I would agree on that being the weakest part of the script tho. some parts did made me laugh.
Finished Medal of Honor and I don't like heavily-scripted shooters. Too much scripting and sometimes it was really badly done (objectives not clear, must move to a very specific spot for the next script to trigger...).

Full list for 2014 here.
21-Jan: Hammerwatch (paladin, did not get complete ending)
09-Feb: Hammerwatch (wizard, 100%)
03-Apr: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project
30-Apr: Escape Goat
30-May: Star Fox Adventures
13-Jun: Depths of Peril
Post edited June 14, 2014 by CrowTRobo
Jan 8 -- Beat Sanitarium... and bought 4 more games this week. My Backlog ever remains a trial of Sisyphus...
Finished The Path. Too weird and no clear objectives. I'll probably try another character but I definitely won't play all of them.

Complete list for 2014: here.
sebarnolds: Finished The Path. Too weird and no clear objectives. I'll probably try another character but I definitely won't play all of them.

But the game is completed only once you played it with all the characters :) After that, there is the last chapter.
To keep things interesting, each character interacts with different obiects in the woods and each character has a different 'wolf'.
Your obiective is to meet the wolf.
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes. Funny little game.
sebarnolds: Finished The Path. Too weird and no clear objectives. I'll probably try another character but I definitely won't play all of them.

Novotnus: But the game is completed only once you played it with all the characters :) After that, there is the last chapter.
To keep things interesting, each character interacts with different obiects in the woods and each character has a different 'wolf'.
Your obiective is to meet the wolf.
Well, then I'll see if I do it. My first playthrough took some time because it is not easy to find the wolf. I always get lost and the screen indications don't help me.
sebarnolds: Well, then I'll see if I do it. My first playthrough took some time because it is not easy to find the wolf. I always get lost and the screen indications don't help me.
Yeah, random generation of the forest can be a pain...
Spelunky - Special ending (Hell)

Technically, I've beaten the game last year. But a week ago I've read about the special area. I admit - I would've never ever figure out how to reach it by myself, it's really, really complicated. Basically you have to beat the whole game (no shortcuts!) but you have to acquire a few special items (one per world) in order to proceed. Then you have to defeat Olmec but the trick is you can't let him fall into the lava anywhere because you need to use him to access the door when he's drowning. Pretty tricky. And then it's hell for you and I don't think I need to mention how hard it is. I died more than 100 times before killing King Yama. My biggest problems:
- failing to amass 50000 before reaching the Black Market. You need it to buy Ankh and starting a war with shopkeepers is a suicide
- falling in ice caves (I hate this world!). A compass is extremely helpful in this world
- thrice-damned crush traps in the Temple and the City of Gold (I hate them even more than ice caves)
- The hell itself.

Surprisingly it turned out that after some time Olmec seemed to be fairly easy to defeat even with a place of death restriction.

I think I've managed to reach Hell ~10 times, I fought King Yama three times, once I won. I think it's one hell of an accomplishment (pun intended). Yay! What's most surprising (at least for me;) I killed King Yama without a jetpack! Just with a cape (see attachment, it lists the object you had in your last playthrough)

Full list
Attachments:
spelunky.jpg (279 Kb)
Post edited January 10, 2014 by Ghorpm
The Catacombs (1:50pm 10th jan)

This is a fun top down shooter 2D apart from the whole level 10 thing it is quite easy. I should of used more of the power up since I have a bunch of them at the end. Plus it is an early Id Software game (which is cool)
Austrobogulator: snip
Please remove me from your list . I don't think people would care about my casual game playlist .
To The Moon - Holiday Special (10th Jan 1050pm)

A nice short bonus game. The mini game was good, soundtrack was good and it is a nice set up for the plot ahead.
include me!

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus: I totally loved this game. Firstly, it is very stylish. The voiceovers are amazing and the game has a good humor. It is definitely one of the best platformers released for Playstation 2 (I played the HD version on PS3) and it is not one of the platformers where the game gets frustrating due to stupid difficulty. The characters are also very well created. Definitely recommended for those who are looking for a charming console platformer.

2009:
Grand Theft Auto IV, C&C3: Tiberium Wars, C&C3: Kane's Wrath, Fallout, Fallout 3, Devil May Cry 4, Beneath A Steel Sky

Best game finished in 2009: Fallout
Worst game finished in 2009: C&C3: Kane's Wrath

2010:
Final Fantasy VII, Dead Space, Unreal, Heavy Rain, Mass Effect, Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky, Secret of Monkey Island: SE, Jagged Alliance 2, Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty, Assassin's Creed

Best game finished in 2010: Final Fantasy VII
Worst game finished in 2010: Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty

2011:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed 2 GotY, Plants vs. Zombies, Neverwinter Nights, Resistance 3, Call of Duty: World at War, Duke Nukem 3D, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Left 4 Dead (Advanced), Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Best game finished in 2011: Bioshock
Worst game finished in 2011: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

2012:
Batman: Arkham Asylum, Demon's Souls, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony, Descent: Freespace - The Great War, Portal, Ultimate Spider-Man: Total Mayhem (iOS), Army of Darkness: Defense (iOS), Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide, Fallout 3 add-ons (Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout, Mothership Zeta), Wet, Silent Hill, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

Best game finished in 2012: Demon's Souls
Worst game finished in 2012: Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned

2013:
StarCraft, Back to the Future: The Game

Best game finished in 2013: StarCraft
Worst game finished in 2013: Back to the Future: The Game

2014:
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Planescape: Torment, Killzone 2, Penumbra: Overture, Penumbra: Black Plague, Penumbra: Requiem, Bioshock 2 + Minerva's Den, ICO, StarCraft: Brood War, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Genesis), Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Wasteland, Phantasmagoria, The Witcher (including New Adventures), Far Cry (FCAM 1.99)

Best game finished in 2014: StarCraft: Brood War
Worst game finished in 2014: Far Cry (FCAM 1.99)
Post edited December 25, 2014 by damien