It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Zeus + Poseidon

First building games I've played in a long time; the other one was Theme Hospital in the 90s, I think. Lots of fun, the different scenarios broke the monotony of the game by changing progress conditions. It still got repetitive, but it was a nice sort of repetitive that you don't mind, like gardening. The game asks some of the most important questions regarding the human condition, like how can someone be a spear carrier without their spear. Then again, maybe my perception of how important that question is skewed because I only heard it like a thousand fucking times while playing. Mute dialogue while playing.

I completed almost all of the scenarios in the Zeus part, and some from the Poseidon one; Poseidon brought in some cool, new buildings, but while it keeps things fresh, it feels a little same old, same old. The scenarios are still interesting, so you'll want to keep playing. However, I don't think I am getting anything new out of it now, so I am done without hitting Poseidon 100%.

Other games
Post edited May 25, 2014 by cmdr_flashheart
Always Sometimes Monsters

I guess I finished the game. I can still freely roam in the couple's loft, but there doesn't seem to be anything to do except play really shitty minigames, or furiously masturbate in the shower (no, I'm not joking), so I guess that was it. I didn't get the girl back, but to be frank that was a stupid goal to pursue in the first place, but something that was mandatory and pretty much the whole point of the journey.

Anyway, I liked the premise and idea of the game. Unfortunately, the execution could have been tons better. I had a really difficult time buying anything the game tossed at me. Everyone's super mean like they had sour grapes for breakfast each day, they look like little kids because of the graphics, and the events that took place really weren't at all plausible in my opinion most of the time. The gameplay wasn't very fun, because it mostly consisted of doing mundane, boring, or incoherent tasks. The worst ones included carrying boxes from one end of the room to another (after 50 boxes, I had had enough), competing in the most incoherent and strange boxing matches ever created in a video game, and earning extra money by playing blackjack with bogus rules so that I could buy a suit, which I never even used after all. Also, in order to earn bacon money (seriously, that was pretty much the only thing I ate despite being homeless, because I found it raised my stamina the best), I had to constantly buy lotto tickets in bulk and hope I'd get some extra cash. The game just wasn't fun to play. The biggest issue I had though, was that I was under the assumption that I would going to have to make some heavy, life-altering choices all the time, but there really were only a few that had any impact on anything. The rest of the game was just about making some scraps so I could travel to the next city, while being surrounded by the most obscure people ever. Devolver Digital's games are usually pretty awesome, but this one I really, really can't recommend despite the interesting (but sadly misleading) premise.
Post edited May 26, 2014 by DProject
Just finished SP campaign for Batman: Arkham Origins (PC).

Sure, it ain't as great as Batman: AA or AC - but still, still worth your time if you want more Batman: Arkham.
It's quite solid.

Added it to my 2014 PC Games Finished List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post79
Post edited May 26, 2014 by MysterD
DProject: Always Sometimes Monsters
*snip*
So tedious, uninteresting, frustrating, repetitive and full of sour people and crap choices of reduced magnitude... Sounds like life, albeit a concentrated-shittiness version. Which I gathered was rather the point?
Post edited May 26, 2014 by Cavalary
Bulletstorm. Moved it up in my playlist due to the impending GFWL shutdown. Had read a lot of mediocre reviews, but ended up really enjoying the gameplay and even, occasionally, the crude attempts at humor. I think it helped that this is one of the very few AAA modern releases I've played in the last five years; even though I keep my rig up to date, I mostly play GoGs, and the graphics in this game simply blew me away. Yeah, it's got some console-port annoyances, and yeah, it's linear as hell, but the game was just plain old fun. Holding out hope GFWL will be patched out so I can replay it in the future.
DProject: Always Sometimes Monsters
*snip*
Cavalary: So tedious, uninteresting, frustrating, repetitive and full of sour people and crap choices of reduced magnitude... Sounds like life, albeit a concentrated-shittiness version. Which I gathered was rather the point?
Sounds more like a grim outlook on life that chooses to focus on the bad stuff and blocks out the good. If that's the case it might even contribute to the increase of sour people. ;)
Cavalary: So tedious, uninteresting, frustrating, repetitive and full of sour people and crap choices of reduced magnitude... Sounds like life, albeit a concentrated-shittiness version. Which I gathered was rather the point?
Leroux: Sounds more like a grim outlook on life that chooses to focus on the bad stuff and blocks out the good. If that's the case it might even contribute to the increase of sour people. ;)
I forgot to include one particular part that made me go WTF?

At one point, you need to persuade a certain person to give you some chemicals you need in order to clean a gear shift on a hot rod...problem is the guy doesn't trust you because he thinks you're a cop and doesn't look forward to going back to jail. How does he earn your trust? He hands you crystal rocks he wants you to smoke with him.

I repeat. In order to trust you and know you're not a cop, he hands you drugs which you gotta smoke. He hands crystal rocks. To a guy he believes is a cop. That's the kind of WTF logic you're constantly facing while playing the game. In addition to being called names by everyone constantly, of course.
Just finished Rogue Trooper.
I just finished the Re'Lu campaign in Deadlock 2. I assume they intended for you to finish all seven campaigns to fully understand the story, because the ending I got was short and vague. Overall, there are 42 scenarios (six scenarios per campaign and seven campaigns overall) which seems like a little much in order to presumably uncover the whole story.

Also, I wish there were more differences between this and the original - most of the things they changed seemed insignificant, useless, or only useful in specific situations.
Post edited May 27, 2014 by Austrobogulator
Adding Gemini Rue to the list.

The only thing I disliked about this game is that it was too short. The story and grim settings put a hook in me.
Post edited May 27, 2014 by kojocel
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter. I must say, I enjoyed this game much more this time than I did the first time I played it. I once considered this one of my least favorite games, but after having played it again, I've changed my mind. It is nowhere near my favorite, but it's pretty good. The squadmates' AI pretty much sucks, but as long as I ignored that, it was okay.

As a side note, looking at the last game I completed (Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy), I realized it has almost been a month since I last beat a game. Most of my time since then has been spent on The Witcher, and I only just got to Chapter III.
Just finished Driftmoon. A very fun, lighthearted take on the RPG genre with simple but fun game mechanics and lots of goofy humor (don't play this game if you're in the mood for serious RPG-ness, as there are quite a number of pop culture references in the game). Made me laugh out loud a few times though. I felt it was a tad too strong on the religion/faith thing for my agnostic bent, but still very enjoyable and by no means on the preachy side. Definitely there though. Overall, a solid buy and recommended for a few relaxing evenings of light-hearted fun.
Card City Nights

I had a gut feeling the game might be fun, and true enough it was. There's not much plot to talk about, but the card battles really worked well and I had a genuinely good time. It was interesting to make my deck better and better in small steps. The game wasn't particularly hard, which might be considered a minor negative. But other than that, no complaints. Also not much else to talk about either. Try it out! Also, thanks once again, Momo, for gifting me the game!
Finished Demon's Souls the other day. Played as a Cleric and finished at SL98 after 100 hours. Damn, fine game but freaking hard! I think I like DeS a little more than Dark Souls just because of the way the levels work and the end bosses like The Old Monk, Dragon God, Storm Lord etc. But overall a great experience that is well worth the time it takes to get through it.
Just finished Star Wars GBS for the 10,000th or so time. All these great games I have never completed and I keep going back to that one over and over and over. :P