It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

My 2nd post in this thread, and currently the most recent.

F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Cargo Commander
F.E.A.R. 3

---- since then

Ninja Blade
Mr. Robot
Rokko Chan
Noitu Love 2: Devolution

Took about 3 hours to finish with all 3 characters on Normal. Not a bad little game, but the gameplay just didn't click with me (maybe because I was too busy clicking - the game is harder on the left mouse button than Diablo.)
Just finished Driver (the last mission 'The President's Run' was an absolute bitch - kept killing me up to the very last corner) - awesome old game, but some ODD design decisions by modern standards like not giving a save point after every mission, especially before the the hard as nails final one and making the first 'Interview' mission where you have to show off your driving skills before you get the job probably the second hardest mission of the entire game!
I wonder how many people never got past it?
A bit short too, despite there being 4 different cities in there you don't stay in any one for very long
Despite all that though, ridiculously fun and it pains me that the 2nd one was PSX only and the 3rd one was rubbish (apparently)
Full list:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post107
Post edited February 12, 2013 by Fever_Discordia
Finally finished another game: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link (the subtitles!). I tried to have a Factory Zero playthrough, but somehow, something must've gone wrong. Note to myself: next time you try this, check a walkthrough to be sure what and what isn't allowed. But, except that and some little backtracking, it was a very good DLC, that never forced me to do something. Choice!
6. Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue- 360; 2/6/2013 7/10- Not as good as the original. I'm all for a good sidequest, but the problem with this game is that there are no GOOD sidequests. The game is just one big fetch quest (which to an extent could be said about the original as well... although it was never THIS annoying). I also really hated the reliance on ranged weapons in this game. If you aren't using them, you are basically a sitting duck as most of the enemies in the game move at the speed of light & are constantly firing. This wouldn't be a HUGE deal if most of the ranged weapons weren't limited by bullets, didn't harm you if used to close & become extremely infected after a certain point. My last complaint is that the story is kinda lame.... there were a few moments that legitimately may me smile, but the rest of the time I either didn't care or just plain out thought the dialogue was lame. So why rate it a 7? I dunno... despite all of my (much earned) criticism I did somewhat enjoy it. Crazy... I know....

7. Monkey Island 2: Special Edition- PC; 2/13/2013 6/10- This game was just tedious & I honestly don't see why people love it so much. I love the original & the Tales games (well... at least the 1st 3. I never beat the 4th & never played the 5th), but this game was nowhere near the level of those games (I find it to be more on the level of Escape From Monkey Island... a game I just did not care for at all). The way the game constantly forces you to go from Island to Island is monotonous as fuck, the ending sequence in the hallways with LeChuck was just maddening because he would transport you & then immediately walk in to the room & transport you again before you could even do anything, the ending made no sense, the story in general was not on par with the aforementioned games (I can barely remember anything that happened & started it maybe 2 or 3 days ago... I have a short memory, but not that short).

Full List
Post edited April 20, 2013 by Roberttitus
Finished three "adventure" games (in a broader sense) during the last week:

Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
Emerald City Confidential
The Stanley Parable

Though in the case of Gabriel Knight 2, that's not quite correct. I lost patience in the end and played through chapter 6 with a walkthrough, then watched the horrible showdown part on youtube. The story was nice enough to keep me interested, and the cheesy over-the-top acting and German accents were funny for a while, but with regard to the gameplay, I think GK2 does a good job to showcase bad design decisions, everything that can make point-and-click adventures frustrating as hell: pixel-hunting, really obscure puzzles without in-game hints, anachronistic spoilerish dialogue options (what? how do I know this all of a sudden when noone told me yet?), lack of consistency in gameplay (accustom the player to certain rules and procedures, then change the rules in mid-game without a hint and watch the player get stuck, ha ha), occasional railroading (you don't need to go there, there's nothing interesting over there - oh, you already dismissed that location and forgot about it? sorry, because now you'd find an essential item there that you'll be needing, even if you don't even know yet what for), and last but not least annoyingly long and tedious but timed puzzle sequences where you can fail miserably so that you have to do it again and again. I had some fun with the game and I know it's a classic, but that's certainly due to the story and the innovative if trashy FMV style, because I think the puzzle aspect in GK2 is quite horrible. I also have to add that I'm not a fan of adventure games dragging on for too long, I guess I would have been a little more lenient with GK2 if I didn't have to take a longer break from it due to its length (I started it back in autumn 2012).

Emerald City Confidential on the other hand was pretty easy and user-friendly for the most time, I only had to resort to the in-game hint function twice or so towards the ending. But it was very entertaining and well-written. I liked what it did with the Wizard of Oz and the story was interesting. It's a pity that it didn't get the polish it deserves - most room description lines are lacking voiceovers, but it doesn't seem intended because it's not true for all of them and unusual for WadjetEye games. Maybe it's due to time pressure, after all they didn't release this as an indie game. Anyway, it took me about 7 hours according to Steam, which means entertainment for a couple of evenings and in my book that's the perfect length for such a game.

Lastly, The Stanley Parable [EDIT: the free version!] was the most enjoyable and hilarious game I've played during the last months and it had no puzzles, no challenges and next to zero gameplay. I guess that says something about my relation to "adventure" games. While I really enjoy some of the puzzles in them if they're well done, the most fun I get from experiencing a story and well-written dialogue, with some interactivity thrown in at regular intervals. By that I don't mean to say that I like watching movies disguised as games, quite the opposite. But I've got no problem with very easy point-and-click adventures that let me play through them without getting stuck, as long as they're funny and/or entertaining in the story department.
Post edited January 05, 2014 by Leroux
It's long ago since I finished two games two days after each other. I've just finished the Allied version of the Battlefield 1942 campaign. It was fun, especially with the big battlefields.

Complete list
Mass Effect 2. Fourth playthrough in two years, fifth overall.

I love the Mass Effect games.
16/02/2013: Borderlands: Had fun playing, now to see in which order I should play the DLCs, and whether I'll do a second playthrough of it or not.

Full list here
Finished AvP 2 on Hard difficulty. No need for Colonial Marines.
JMich: 16/02/2013: Borderlands: Had fun playing, now to see in which order I should play the DLCs, and whether I'll do a second playthrough of it or not.

Full list here
Zombie Island
Claptrap
Knoxx

Don't bother with Mad Moxxie, unless you really want to play through copious amounts of survival arenas. Although you should at least get the DLC for the extra storage it gives you.
Finished King's Bounty: Warriors of the North.

Was not bad game, but certainly not one of my favorites either. Some bugs here and there, althrough nothing too bad, and a story that wasn't worth writing home about. The main issue I had with it were the game mechanics and the slow moving main storyline. For the gamemechanics, I was quite annoyed with the map layout, a little zoom out option would have done wonders here. The way it's setup you are forced to run back and forth trying to look for where your supposed to go next, a lacking journal actually made me lookup my next objectives on the internet for a few quests, making this the 1st strategy game ever, I used a walkthrough for. The slow story line was mainly due to a great amount of little quests that kept comming up all the time and could not be avoided. I basically felt towards the end that I could just do every sidequest as well, as the mainstory kept sending me back and forth everywhere anyways. Overall, not a game I would recommend, althrough I have played much worst games through.

Complete list: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post132
Post edited February 17, 2013 by K_1269
Just finished Alternativa. What to say...hmm, I don't know, but this game is really bad. Horrible translation and voice acting, ugly graphics, almost non-existent music and some annoying sound effects, even more simplistic gameplay than in my previous game (Lost Horizon), story with interesting setting, but many flaws, weird WTH ending, etc. So, if you're not a huge adventure fan, DO NOT play this game. :D For me - 50%
triock: Just finished Alternativa. What to say...hmm, I don't know, but this game is really bad. Horrible translation and voice acting, ugly graphics, almost non-existent music and some annoying sound effects, even more simplistic gameplay than in my previous game (Lost Horizon), story with interesting setting, but many flaws, weird WTH ending, etc. So, if you're not a huge adventure fan, DO NOT play this game. :D For me - 50%
Lol I just watched the trailer. OMG I have added it to my wishlist
mrking58: Lol I just watched the trailer. OMG I have added it to my wishlist
I have warned you! :P Do as you want.
Post edited February 17, 2013 by triock