It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
high rated
GOG Connect currently offers to import Order of Battle to your library.
The thing is that the Steam version of the base game (free to play) has no campaign as such to play, only the tutorial. So since it's free, every Steam user is supposed to own it.

On the contrary, the GOG version includes the US Pacific DLC which is not free on Steam.

So by connecting it, you can actually receive the GOG version of this DLC for free.
Post edited December 27, 2018 by Pouyou-pouyou
Pouyou-pouyou: GOG Connect currently offers to import Order of Battle to your library.
The thing is that the Steam version of the base game (free to play) has no campaign as such to play, only the tutorial. So since it's free, every Steam user is supposed to own it.

On the contrary, the GOG version includes the US Pacific DLC which is not free on Steam.

So by connecting it, you can actually receive the GOG version of this DLC for free.
Thanks, worked.
Pouyou-pouyou: GOG Connect currently offers to import Order of Battle to your library.

Thanks for the advice :)

I could kiss you! ;)
direspirefirewire: I could kiss you! ;)
Oh, but feel free to do so ! :D

It seems they fix it, now Order of Battle: World War II listed as unavailable.
For those that haven't bought anything yet for the Winter Sale.

Fantasy General
PTME41F4926C3FA1FF

OverZerg: It seems they fix it, now Order of Battle: World War II listed as unavailable.
It works but you'll have to install it completely on Steam first.
MarkoH01: It works but you'll have to install it completely on Steam first.
You can use the Steam Console or SteamCMD to add the game manual to your Steamaccount.
Post edited December 27, 2018 by HanselPete
MarkoH01: It works but you'll have to install it completely on Steam first.
Installed (pre-allocated), but not downloaded. All you need is to allow Steam to begin the first stage and pre-allocate the space, then you can pause the true download and claim from Connect. You might have to refresh of course and wait a while, but it works. :D

No luck, here. Installed, ran the game, refreshed GOG... nothing.
I already owned this game, so here is a free copy from the winter sale:

Fantasy General
(edited: code has been claimed)

Have fun
Post edited December 30, 2018 by Zorgano
For those unaware / not used to GOG Connect and how it works, be sure to familiarise yourself with what exactly you need to do to your steam profile to allow GOG to access your game list. And even if you have everything set to public and linked your steam account with Connect, the system rarely works immediately. There is a dedicated thread that deals with Connect for advice.
IPSteam: No luck, here. Installed, ran the game, refreshed GOG... nothing.
There is an interesting solution to that you can try. Open steam client and play a game. Any game you had installed before. Come back and GOG Connect "may" see it.

Connect didn't see my games since last night (over 14 hours). I now opened steam, played a game for 10 seconds. Viola! I got 2 games now in my library. (I had learned that trick from a previous GOG Connect problem)
IPSteam: No luck, here. Installed, ran the game, refreshed GOG... nothing.
Engerek01: There is an interesting solution to that you can try. Open steam client and play a game. Any game you had installed before. Come back and GOG Connect "may" see it.

Connect didn't see my games since last night (over 14 hours). I now opened steam, played a game for 10 seconds. Viola! I got 2 games now in my library. (I had learned that trick from a previous GOG Connect problem)
I haven't tried that approach, but I have an alternative: Log into your profile and keep your profile "Online". Then refresh Connect. That one has worked for me. Yes, it took a couple of minutes until Connect finally detected the game, but there it is.
Post edited December 28, 2018 by Braggadar